• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
I'm glad that trucks are finally moving again but I want to see some trucks ship that have been built and sitting for months. That's when I'll start getting happy.
Mine was built and sitting from early February until I picked it up last Friday (March 31st). It was sitting in the railyard for 60 days before it shook loose and got delivered. Let's hope they are all starting to move!
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
@TaxmanHog , you seem to be aware of who, what, when, where, how and why our trucks are getting built and delivered, do you know if any trucks that were shipped that were built and waiting to ship before the fire (trucks that were not stuck in transit)? From what I can tell, only trucks that were already being shipped are being delivered now. I'd love to see a shipment happen of a truck that wasn't already shipped before the fire.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog , you seem to be aware of who, what, when, where, how and why our trucks are getting built and delivered, do you know if any trucks that were shipped that were built and waiting to ship before the fire (trucks that were not stuck in transit)? From what I can tell, only trucks that were already being shipped are being delivered now. I'd love to see a shipment happen of a truck that wasn't already shipped before the fire.
I'm only monitoring two (MY23) trucks from late 2022 production, gone are the days of massive data gathering:
@Ford2death truck is built on 12/29 but STILL waiting for shipping and
@Jajar1124 was built 11/07/22 then shipped 11/9/22 but not yet received at the dealer.

My guess is that the logistics pipeline of scheduling railcars is currently loaded with ICE trucks for the next few weeks, eventually we will see Lightnings hitch a rail out of the Rouge in short order.

Local convoy runs were scheduled to fill the void with ICE trucks, but they also will start trickling out.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Neither Ford, nor my dealer could tell me when exactly my truck would arrive at the dealer. They both indicated that it was still at the railyard and did not have any holds.

I decided to contact the auto transportation company directly and although they didn't seem to happy that I was contacting them directly, they told me that my truck will arrive this week! I'm just doing everything I can to make sure my truck arrives before April 17th.

Jajar1124

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 VW Atlas
I'm only monitoring two (MY23) trucks from late 2022 production, gone are the days of massive data gathering:
@Jajar1124 was built 11/07/22 then shipped 11/9/22 but not yet received at the dealer.

My guess is that the logistics pipeline of scheduling railcars is currently loaded with ICE trucks for the next few weeks, eventually we will see Lightnings hitch a rail out of the Rouge in short order.

Local convoy runs were scheduled to fill the void with ICE trucks, but they also will start trickling out.
Haven’t been on here much since I’ve all but given up but I was notified maybe a month ago that my truck was part of that group with the battery issue and was being inspected for “quality assurance” or whatever language they used. Wonder if my truck is the one that caught on fire or something lol. Haven’t heard from the dealer at all or from Ford since then. Went from chatting them daily in December to laughing at the seldom emails I get now

Sponsored

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those that have taken delivery (or even those that are still waiting), have you thought about buying the Ford Protect extended warranty? I've never purchased one before, and declined at the dealer (since you can get them just over cost from Flood or Ziegler online for the same coverage). I was looking at Consumer Reports reviews of the Lightning, and while they are overall pretty stellar, the predicted reliability is pretty bad (seems to be bad with a lot of trucks).

Is it worth spending a few grand for peace of mind against early adopter issues? I'm leaning towards going for the Premium Care to match the 8 year, 100,000k battery warranty so I don't have to stress about expensive issues down the road.

Interested to hear if anyone else has been thinking this through, what your thought process is, and where you've come down.

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As you know, the high voltage components have an eight year warranty already:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/electric-vehicles/f-150-lightning/f-150-lightning-product-frequently-asked-questions/#:~:text=What is the warranty on,Battery capacity over that period

Almost everything pricey is related to HV systems so I will have no worries between years 3 and 8.
This is the kind of reassurance I need! This is also my first truck and I came from a Prius, which is probably the world's most reliable vehicle. Seeming the Consumer Reports reliability ratings had me spooked!

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Haven’t been on here much since I’ve all but given up but I was notified maybe a month ago that my truck was part of that group with the battery issue and was being inspected for “quality assurance” or whatever language they used. Wonder if my truck is the one that caught on fire or something lol. Haven’t heard from the dealer at all or from Ford since then. Went from chatting them daily in December to laughing at the seldom emails I get now
Not sure if it makes you feel any better, but my dad was reached out to by a sales person at the dealership for the first time EVER yesterday, a day after his truck arrived. They were silent to both of us during the battery hold, never even mentioned it when i spoke with them on Monday... The dealership model needs to be a thing of the past.

Ford2death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning

I stopped tracking my original order in February when my dealer called and said that a customer on a different order bailed so their truck was on lot and offered to me: I took that one instead since it was essentially the same truck. Glad to hear I made the right decision in not waiting but I sympathize with all of you who don't have theirs yet. As others have said, it's worth the wait.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
For those that have taken delivery (or even those that are still waiting), have you thought about buying the Ford Protect extended warranty?
I did buy it through Granger, considering all the technical devices in this truck, it's insurance AKA peace of mind for me, I bought an amount of coverage that I project I'll use over that same 8 years or to 125,000 miles to also cover everything except normal wear and maintenance items

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I stopped tracking my original order in February when my dealer called and said that a customer on a different order bailed so their truck was on lot and offered to me: I took that one instead since it was essentially the same truck. Glad to hear I made the right decision in not waiting but I sympathize with all of you who don't have theirs yet. As others have said, it's worth the wait.
Ahhh yes, I forget too easily that you told me this a while ago, sorry for the tag alert, we continue the vigil on your original order.

BradBennett

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Realtor
Let's see a picture when you get it home!
Holy crap. I like it a lot. Coming off of a Toyota Tacoma to a Lariat with extended battery and tonneau cover, this thing RIPS!
Note: I believe my first month's driving efficiency will be terrible. I keep trying out the acceleration and get gitty every time... and I haven't even tried Sport mode yet!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Truck and Brad

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
I am seeing a lot of Azure Gray models being delivered.
Sponsored