• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
That was the best thing they did was make it full screen. Are you updating it at work? Or using FORSCAN? I haven’t looked into it but I’d imagine FORSCAN would be able to unlock YouTube via CarPlay.
I did it with FDRS. I really don’t want to use Forscan on this truck. Big brother is watching too closely.
I am not sure if Forscan will do it anyway. Forscan is good for unlocking and configuring access to software/hardware already installed. They will probably have to install quite a bit of software before it will be operational.
Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Yea…it took some convincing. Mine got tired of me complaining about selling the Pro. Although I did promise to sell the Rivian if I bought the Lariat. So the clock is ticking.
Start leasing out the Rivian and tell her it’s a side hustle.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
We did that when I had thePro, but interest rates were lower then. At 7% for the Lariat, the Rivian will need to go ASAP to pay that loan off.
Yep… That rate frigging sucks. My Pro I did the Options plan at 3.99%. I didn’t want the risk if the resale value plummeted. Most of what we are seeing with falling values and inventory becoming available is because of the rates. I am so glad I did not do a standard finance on mine. I guess Ford is no longer promoting the Options financing because tier 0 rates for it are at 9.54 or something ridiculous like that.

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
For what it’s worth I got 3.5.2 a few weeks after delivery so mid-September. Then nothing until end of January when the updates started rolling - five between Jan. 21 and Feb. 9. It caught up to 4.1.1.

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
For what it’s worth I got 3.5.2 a few weeks after delivery so mid-September. Then nothing until end of January when the updates started rolling - five between Jan. 21 and Feb. 9. It caught up to 4.1.1.
You’re almost there! If I recall 4.1.1 was the one that added the button at the top for the camera which was the best feature for my suburban money.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
She’s officially mine!

It was built 3/22 though, but you guys are going to have to kick me out of the thread.
congrats - here’s hoping you get the FCSP soon!

Nope…. We aren’t kicking you out of this thread. You are our comic relief.😁
No no no, at least make him buy us all slurpies first or post a photo in front of a 7/11 saying 7/11 is the best build week… :p

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
It was built 3/22 though, but you guys are going to have to kick me out of the thread.
Congrats! And this was an unsold mannequin almost a year later!? Either it was stuck on Ramp 51 forever or the dealer forgot about it on their lot. It's probably VIN .....00711 ;)

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
congrats - here’s hoping you get the FCSP soon!

No no no, at least make him buy us all slurpies first or post a photo in front of a 7/11 saying 7/11 is the best build week… :p
7/11 picture will have to wait a week until I get back!

But first mod:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group B6DB1D4A-6746-4AB2-B582-0B455CF960FF

Also…the vertical screen is a pain in the butt compared to the horizontal screen.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Congrats! And this was an unsold mannequin almost a year later!? Either it was stuck on Ramp 51 forever or the dealer forgot about it on their lot. It's probably VIN .....00711 ;)
Impossible. I checked the tires, there’s no nails so it was never on Ramp 51.

It was at a dealer in the woods, no DCFC around. So I’m guessing nobody was interested in it lol. As for the VIN…pretty darn close. I was very excited at how low the VIN was.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I'm Sync 4 with the 12" screen....we always had the camera button :p
There is definitely something to be said about the tactile feedback of a physical button for sure.

7/11 picture will have to wait a week until I get back!

But first mod:
B6DB1D4A-6746-4AB2-B582-0B455CF960FF.jpeg

Also…the vertical screen is a pain in the butt compared to the horizontal screen.
Guaranteed to get .00002 mi/kWh more after that mod 😁

It took a little bit to get used to the vertical but I do like it.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
The only thing I like about the portrait screen is the streaming apps. Everything else is horrible.
Sponsored