• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Morning, i tried refreshing the ford pass connect a few times since last night. Each time it says please park in an open area to establish connection.. I'm almost positive it's finally back in a train car.
Sponsored

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Another week and another delay. 11/2-11/8 now. Really don't understand why it takes almost two months to set up a convoy from the final rail yard.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group Screenshot 2022-10-14 073717

georgepearkes

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey George, any luck yet? Apparently mine is still in Winston.
Dealer was able to share a couple weeks back that the truck is on a chip hold at the Winston railyard. Today, Ford.com showed the ETA bumped from 10/24 to 11/8. I am absolutely furious at the whole process. New units are rolling off the line in Michigan fully constructed and my truck is sitting and weathering. The dealer hasn't been the most helpful but they've been okay. Ford corporate is just really screwing this up and I've lost patience. The truck will be spending two entire months sitting outdoors and weathering while it waits for the stupid chip.

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
Dealer was able to share a couple weeks back that the truck is on a chip hold at the Winston railyard. Today, Ford.com showed the ETA bumped from 10/24 to 11/8. I am absolutely furious at the whole process. New units are rolling off the line in Michigan fully constructed and my truck is sitting and weathering. The dealer hasn't been the most helpful but they've been okay. Ford corporate is just really screwing this up and I've lost patience. The truck will be spending two entire months sitting outdoors and weathering while it waits for the stupid chip.
WTF - that's not good. I assumed this was a convoy issue. How does a truck even leave on a train without the chips? I just got another notice that mine was pushed to 11/08. I also got an email from Ford outlining all the missed deadlines. What a cluster.

Also, we have no leverage at all. These trucks are still over market rate on auction. It makes no sense to cancel the order. Now we're just left to wait and watch interest rates go up.

Sponsored

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER w/Tow; 2017 BMW X3
Wait, they shipped the truck without the chip? I wonder if they just didn't take the chip hold note off and it is simply logistics delays.

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Wait, they shipped the truck without the chip? I wonder if they just didn't take the chip hold note off and it is simply logistics delays.
I'm not sure what is happening but my truck shipped 9/1 and made it to final rail yard by 9/11 and has been sitting there since. I doubt it's just waiting for convoy. Starting to think it needs a chip or some other work.

Last edited:

georgepearkes

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WTF - that's not good. I assumed this was a convoy issue. How does a truck even leave on a train without the chips? I just got another notice that mine was pushed to 11/08. I also got an email from Ford outlining all the missed deadlines. What a cluster.

Also, we have no leverage at all. These trucks are still over market rate on auction. It makes no sense to cancel the order. Now we're just left to wait and watch interest rates go up.
And trade in values go down!

georgepearkes

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They told me it was a chip hold. Idk.

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
All eagerness has been beaten out of me on this process. I’m Just begrudgingly waiting for my current date window which I am in the heart of to be kicked out again. No idea where it is how it got there… what its current status is… why it’s not moving. Sick of no information from the dealer, from Chat, from anyone. Just more incompetence to be discovered tomorrow. Welcome to 2022 in America.

Jefro8

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Movement on my end today. After being in Port Richmond for a while, I now have a convoy number with a shipped status as of 10/13. By car I’m about 5 hours south of Port Richmond.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Here is some comedy relief... my stupid Arowana at our office jumped out of the tank when I was cleaning it. Dumb shit looks all beat
up now lol 🤣
Sponsored