• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/8/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Yeah…I wonder if ICE F150s are having holds to get door handles? ya know, I understood chip shortages a year ago, but mid 2023 not so much. Just in time inventory management only works if your supply chain is as solid as Apple’s is.

And patience is a lot easier if the manufacturer actually provides accurate and detailed information. What specifically is the problem? What is the anticipated time to resolve? What needs fixing?

when you’re spending $100k, I’d think you can expect accurate information. It must exist in a computer somewhere after all. Sending a nonspecific email every 45 days is just disrespectful.
I need the base black handles for my truck, and it is only $50k, not $100k.
What's even worse than no communication at all is when you are given inaccurate information. I was speaking to Ford customer service about some things and they asked if I wanted them to check the order status. They said it's estimated delivery is from yesterday, until this coming Thursday. I've heard of people having their truck show up before the website status is updated so who knows, maybe my truck will show up.
Sponsored

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
So once I got the VIN for my truck I tried to add it to FordPass to see what I could see. Turns out that you have to accept the activation in the truck so it's been saying Activation Pending (or something like that) since mid-May. Just now I got a notification that activation has been denied. So maybe a technician was in the truck and cancelled it. Maybe an indication that there will be some movement soon?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So maybe a technician was in the truck and cancelled it. Maybe an indication that there will be some movement soon?
For many of us, it was a transport driver hitting cancel, make another request to connect late tonight

dcp9142

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Mach-E. Previous Tesla S, X, Volt
Shipped notice in today’s email. Order 1/21, merge 5/11 (after multiple delays due to the battery pause. originally 4/20), tear tag 5/13, “built” 5/27, tracker now says shipped 6/3 but did not get updated until 6/5. Shipped email 6/5.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
They're all likely sitting in the Ramp 51 parking lot next to my order "In Production" since 2 May. Waiting on ????
you guys have nothing to complain about. Mine's been "in production" since 2/5 and I'm still waiting. last week min also showed it was on ramp 51 with an ETA of 6/2. This morning vinview just says "pending updates".

Sponsored

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
you guys have nothing to complain about. Mine's been "in production" since 2/5 and I'm still waiting. last week min also showed it was on ramp 51 with an ETA of 6/2. This morning vinview just says "pending updates".
I don't know how you do it.

Samurai

First Name
Arif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Toyota Tundra Limited 4X4, Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
entrepreneur
My Lariat ER was originally scheduled for week of 2/27/23, rescheduled for the week of 5/15/23. Got an email from Ford similar to what some others have received in the past couple of weeks re the delay due to parts etc.
When I login it shows this screen:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/8/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot 2023-06-07 185221

Called the Dealer yesterday and this what they sent me, they said that they can track the truck on 2 different portal, the above portal has not updated since 05/26/2023. This other portal shows:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/8/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) tracking on 5365 (2)

Dealer confirmed this morning that it has been shipped today!

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
A couple of weeks ago someone cancelled the FordPass activation that I had sent in a while ago. This morning someone approved a new request that I had sent in. I can now see where the truck is and battery charge level, though it hasn't updated in a few hours.

The blend date was 5/8 and the current location is in Trenton MI.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My Lariat ER was originally scheduled for week of 2/27/23, rescheduled for the week of 5/15/23. Got an email from Ford similar to what some others have received in the past couple of weeks re the delay due to parts etc.
Screenshot 2023-06-07 185221.png

Called the Dealer yesterday and this what they sent me, they said that they can track the truck on 2 different portal, the above portal has not updated since 05/26/2023. This other portal shows:
tracking on 5365 (2).jpg

Never seen a convoy run to Cali......

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/8/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1686261635929

Sponsored

dcp9142

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Mach-E. Previous Tesla S, X, Volt
So mine was scheduled for week of 5/8, merge 5/11, tear on 5/13, “built” 5/27, shipped 6/3. On 6/6 it was in Chicago. Today they sent an email “Your F-150® LightningTM just rolled off the assembly line” and included a photo that’s timestamped 5/20 of my truck at factory.

Ford, if you are listening, you need to do something about these emails that come weeks too late. You are being an unreliable source of information.

Anyway, here’s a baby photo of Blixt.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/8/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_0005

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
A couple of weeks ago someone cancelled the FordPass activation that I had sent in a while ago. This morning someone approved a new request that I had sent in. I can now see where the truck is and battery charge level, though it hasn't updated in a few hours.

The blend date was 5/8 and the current location is in Trenton MI.
So just a question. If the Ford pass activation gets approved and you don't buy the truck, how would this affect the actual new owner? Would they lose their free charging?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Screenshot 2023-06-07 185221.png

tracking on 5365 (2).jpg

Is there something I can ask for from my dealer to get this information? The salesperson at my dealership told me they have no more information on my order status than I have.

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
So just a question. If the Ford pass activation gets approved and you don't buy the truck, how would this affect the actual new owner? Would they lose their free charging?
If you're asking me, I'll have to say that I don't know. It may be that the free charging isn't associated with the the FordPass app, but with the Blue Charge Network account. Perhaps someone that has their truck can give better insight.
Sponsored