• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
my uninformed opinion is they delayed shipping most of this features to 2023 customers until after they can brag about them being "new" features for 2024
Sponsored

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Most of this is coming to 2023 models. Obviously the heat pump is not, but I can't imagine the heat pump making a big difference. If it did Ford would have revised EPA numbers. They did that when they added heated seats to the Pro.
Do you have a source for this? I haven’t seen Ford officially confirm anything yet.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Is Jake a Ford employee? And that comment only addressed the charging speed staying the same and the sync interface updates.

what about the pro power when the truck is off?

and will 12” screens get the interface updates as well?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Is Jake a Ford employee? And that comment only addressed the charging speed staying the same and the sync interface updates.

what about the pro power when the truck is off?

and will 12” screens get the interface updates as well?
Yes, Jake Bley, Digital Communications, Ford Model e ⚡

"More to come on that" could be specific or broad, no need to get lawyerly about the tease......

IMHO {not an employee}, anything is possible with software as long as the underlying hardware is present ~SHOULD~ be doable, but we'll see what the upcoming media releases say.

Sponsored

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
Fleet buyers only
I thought this was the case. I remember it mentioned in an article late 23 but not much after that. Glad a snagged a left over PRO with a hefty discount. Looks like the cheapest retail trim is now the SR XLT at 62k.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Same here, rented a Mach e for a few days while on vacation. Nice car and while the large screen was a fun novelty for the moment, when I hoped back into my XLT ER, I was sooo happy to be rid of it.

Reactions: JRT

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
It is odd that they show the charging speeds for the 80 amp charger to be the same as the 40 amp. Ford's website also explicitly called out the 2024s as fast charging at a lower speed than the 2023s, I'm glad that is not (no longer?) true.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
It is odd that they show the charging speeds for the 80 amp charger to be the same as the 40 amp.
This is because they removed the dual onboard AC chargers for 2024 for ER. Just a s single charger that maxes out at 48A. Fleet can get the dual onboard charger though for ER batteries.

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
This is because they removed the dual onboard AC chargers for 2024 for ER. Just a s single charger that maxes out at 48A. Fleet can get the dual onboard charger though for ER batteries.
Another reason I love my 2022 Lariat ER. No deletes, no decontenting (besides the accent lighting, which I added back) and no compromises :)

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does the Charge Station Pro still do home backup power without the dual chargers?

I think this is going to be a bit of a nightmare for dealers and support. Big spender is going to buy the Platinum and the 80A charger and will eventually notice that they are charging at 11kWh max. Meanwhile, they have been told that they can charge at a Tesla supercharger but the cord doesn't fit. OK, the dealer "forgot" to supply the adapter, how soon can one get here? Sometime in April - of next year!

But I'm sure Tesla is working as fast as they can to supply adapters to their main competitor so that they can lose the one advantage that they have.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Does the Charge Station Pro still do home backup power without the dual chargers?

I think this is going to be a bit of a nightmare for dealers and support. Big spender is going to buy the Platinum and the 80A charger and will eventually notice that they are charging at 11kWh max. Meanwhile, they have been told that they can charge at a Tesla supercharger but the cord doesn't fit. OK, the dealer "forgot" to supply the adapter, how soon can one get here? Sometime in April - of next year!

But I'm sure Tesla is working as fast as they can to supply adapters to their main competitor so that they can lose the one advantage that they have.
Yes, they are still promoting the system when I was looking the 2024 specs on FORD.COM

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f1.../electric/?intcmp=technology-featcta-electric

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f1...o/?fmccmp=fv-homecharging-cta2-fcg-stationPro

Last edited:

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Actually, the onboard charger has nothing to do with home backup power - whether it be Pro Power Onboard or the HIS system. The onboard charger converts AC to DC to charge the battery.

Note the SR batteries are also capable of HIS. Ford requires those owners to buy a $500 software license though. (And acquire a FCSP.)
Sponsored