• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

22’ Raptor owner to Lightning! Help needed.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the forum, I've always loved the look of Raptors but never bought one, but going from my traded in F250 PSD, I'm very happy with the Lariat-ER. Charging at home the majority of the time, while DCFC's that I've needed have always been in service in the areas I travel.

Good luck on your decision !
Sponsored

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Mapping trips now trying to find fast chargers.
It remains to be seen, but when Fords can use Tesla Superchargers (Gen3 only) next Spring, there should hardly ever be a well-traveled route without multiple options for fast-DC charging. And don’t be afraid of Electrify America - in my experience, they’re reliable and getting better, and Lightnings charge great on their Hyperfast 350kW units.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Your only point I disagree on. After having a MME for awhile I specifically went XLT so I can have dedicated buttons and knobs for Climate control and a those few other things. It's a little more limited in the "'tainment" part of infotainment, but overall superior for me. I found the touchscreen interface slow and clunky, and thus distracting while driving. I'd suggest playing with both to see which you prefer. If BlueCruise is important to you, then yeah, go Lariat, but I also prefer the adaptive CC and lane keep in my XLT over full-on blue cruise that gripes at me when I look over at the screen long enough to change the climate control or radio station.

Honestly I'm really glad I was able to get a '23 cause I really wanted the ER, but won't be able to get it in '24 without the giant screen.
These are all the same reasons I went from a 2021 premium Mach-e after 31k miles to my XLT ER 2023. In addition the last 6 months with the Mach-e were beyond frustrating with constant resets and blank screens. At first I wanted the leather and planned Katskin, but now like the cloth and comfort.

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
Factor in the $7500+ discount and potential 7500 tax credit and see if that helps. We went from a built 2020 Expy that hauled 3 German Shepherd dogs to a Lariat ER ... great choice for us. We also have a 23 C8 Corvette and an F350 for back up and comparison ...
the LIghtning wins out in most cases.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Executive
Factor in the $7500+ discount and potential 7500 tax credit and see if that helps. We went from a built 2020 Expy that hauled 3 German Shepherd dogs to a Lariat ER ... great choice for us. We also have a 23 C8 Corvette and an F350 for back up and comparison ...
the LIghtning wins out in most cases.

Love the line up.

I have an 2024 M4 convertible in the garage.

Now im debating if I wait for the 24’ Lightning with the heat pump since I'm in the north east, or go with the crazy good deal on the 23’.

I get the factory discount but don’t qualify for the tax credit.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I had a 2013 Raptor with the 6.2, a 2019 Raptor now the 2022 lariat. I love the lightning, occasionally miss the look of the Raptor. Didn't take the Raptor out in the dirt enough so I don't miss it. I love the ride of the lightning. It's so quiet and smooth. Took my 2019 Raptor in for routine maintenance and took a test drive in the lightning and decided I needed it. I hadn't done a ton of research on it but I don't regret it at all.
We love the F-150 Lighting too, Marc! We'd love to know more about why you love it.

OP
OP
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Executive
We love the F-150 Lighting too, Marc! We'd love to know more about why you love it.
Ford has entered the thread!

A few questions for you all.

1. Will the heat pump add significant range performance in the New Jersey winters?
2. The Lariat seats seem to have some firm bolstering on the base of the seat (left and right leg/butt) and has an oddly placed seam that can make the seat feel uncomfortable. Is this being updated in 24’?

Quibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Raptor
A few months ago I traded in our 2017 Raptor. Loved that truck, first Ford truck. Towed with it, used it on our property quite a bit.

Ended up with a 2023 Lariat Lightning. In my experience the Lightning is smoother, faster, handles better and tows as well as the raptor, if not better. We drive down 1.6 miles of gravel roads and honestly the Lariat is more comfortable over the bumps,etc than the Raptor was, even with the 13" suspension travel.

I did like the looks of our raptor, so I ended up tinting the windows, putting on a 2" leveling kit and BFG A/T K02 296/60/20 tires. The kit and tires help beef up the look of the Lightning.

I think if you make the switch you'll be happy. Best of luck.

Ford F-150 Lightning 22’ Raptor owner to Lightning! Help needed. IMG_4648.JPG

OP
OP
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Executive
A few months ago I traded in our 2017 Raptor. Loved that truck, first Ford truck. Towed with it, used it on our property quite a bit.

Ended up with a 2023 Lariat Lightning. In my experience the Lightning is smoother, faster, handles better and tows as well as the raptor, if not better. We drive down 1.6 miles of gravel roads and honestly the Lariat is more comfortable over the bumps,etc than the Raptor was, even with the 13" suspension travel.

I did like the looks of our raptor, so I ended up tinting the windows, putting on a 2" leveling kit and BFG A/T K02 296/60/20 tires. The kit and tires help beef up the look of the Lightning.

I think if you make the switch you'll be happy. Best of luck.

IMG_4648.JPG

Would love to see your lightning!

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Several threads here about beefing up the look and off-road capabilities of a Lightning to be more Raptor-like, including even putting Raptor suspension parts into a Lightning.

Wheels and tires would be pretty easy. Could probably also add some wheel flares, tinted windows, etc. The grill would be an interesting area to explore what other options might be able to be adapted onto the Lightning.

Of course, your range will go down accordingly.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
280 miles requires a charge stop during summer and 2 stops during very cold winter. And you cannot drive at 85mph or even 80mph most probably. Also resale value won't be as good as and long-term reliability is unknown, yet.

If you are ready for that, Lightning would be a better choice for sure.

OP
OP
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Executive
280 miles requires a charge stop during summer and 2 stops during very cold winter. And you cannot drive at 85mph or even 80mph most probably. Also resale value won't be as good as and long-term reliability is unknown, yet.

If you are ready for that, Lightning would be a better choice for sure.
Lol very real and probably very right.

I do have an issue with the winter range. It cuts it close for me on longer daily rides I have to do.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Lol very real and probably very right.

I do have an issue with the winter range. It cuts it close for me on longer daily rides I have to do.
If you have to semi-frequently need to make 200+ mile trips in the cold and do not have access to an ICE vehicle (spouses or extra car) than I would not recommend a Lightning until Ford has access to Tesla supercharges. Just being honest.
Sponsored