• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Mine's been hanging for a while as well. Going to try the 12v battery charging method.

Can you charge your battery off these points or do you need to get to it directly?

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation 1674919021938
Sponsored

sparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Mine's been hanging for a while as well. Going to try the 12v battery charging method.

Can you charge your battery off these points or do you need to get to it directly?

1674919021938.png
I've successfully charged it from these points.

I'm going to try installing while it's still on the trickle charger and at 100% LVB.... If that doesn't work I give up.

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
I'm sitting at 26 attempts for the update. I tried charging the 12v battery to 100% and still had no luck. I did not leave the charger connected to try the update. Maybe I'll give that a go. Ridiculous. I connected directly to the 12v battery.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I've successfully charged it from these points.

I'm going to try installing while it's still on the trickle charger and at 100% LVB.... If that doesn't work I give up.
After reading this - I'm charging off those points right now, looks to be working great. Going to let my LVB charger finish up.. go charge the HVB to 100, then try it again manually.

Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Okay I give up
I am with you. I have tried it with the charger on. Charger says the LVB is at 100%...OBD says 42 SOC...I cannot seem to get it any higher than 52 (via OBD). Maddening.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I am with you. I have tried it with the charger on. Charger says the LVB is at 100%...OBD says 42 SOC...I cannot seem to get it any higher than 52 (via OBD). Maddening.
Have you tried resetting the BMS? No disconnecting the battery doesn't reset it.

Reset procedure (no scan tool needed):
1. Put the car in accessory mode (push start button without depressing brake pedal)
2. Flash the high beams relatively quickly five times
3. Depress and release the brake pedal three times
4. Wait 3-10 seconds and the battery icon on the instrument panel will flash.
5. Your BMS is now reset.

Note: Without any previous data to work from, it's a good idea to drive the truck and maybe throw the charger on it a couple times to get the SOC reading more accurate, but if this is a 12V battery SOC issue, this should solve it!

sparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you tried resetting the BMS? No disconnecting the battery doesn't reset it.

1. Put the car in accessory mode (push start button without depressing brake pedal)

Note: Without any previous data to work from, it's a good idea to drive the truck and maybe throw the charger on it a couple times to get the SOC reading more accurate, but if this is a 12V battery SOC issue, this should solve it!
You've given me some hope. This sounds like some game genie cheat code level madness, butt I'm game. Will try it this afternoon and report back.

sparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tried one more time without the LVB battery reset, while hooked up to the charger. Not sure what happened but now the app shows it's updating... fingers crossed!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation Screenshot_20230128-144728

Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning

Thank you!! The battery reset worked! After the reset, the SOC via OBD was at 92. Update pushed through. Now, looking forward to the other updates.

Thanks again!!

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
I did the BMS as stated above, unfortunately that has caused some unwanted side affects.

1. The big center screen and the dash screen now don't come on when opening the door.
2. A different splash screen now displays with just the Ford oval.
3. When you turn off the truck it doesn't go into accessory mode. It just shuts down everything and the center screen displays this:
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation IMG_0854

I tried doing a sync reset and it didn't change anything. And as a final note, the update still did not work. If anyone has any ideas to get things back to normal I would appreciate it.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
At this point I am over it but I need my phone to quit alerting me that it failed and "needs my help" and then gives me no information on how to actually help... lol
Mine has been giving me this message multiple times each day for a few days now. I keep getting into the truck then hitting the Update Now option, then following the screen prompt that says to shut down and lock up, then I get the message a few minutes later.

It's driving me crazy because I have automatic updates turned on at 1am each night and I always let it use the WiFi in my driveway.

I'm going to experiment by disabling the WiFi tonight.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
To me, this is an impressive fail by Ford. How in the name of all that is Holy can you not engage the DC to DC converter on an update that demands a high state of charge on the 12v battery.

The software team really needs to step their game up.
My theory is that DC fast charging needs to talk to the computer to know when to lower the power. If you already have quite a bit of power, and the computer is offline for 23 minutes it won't be able to tell the DC charger to slow down or stop.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Even though I don’t care about this update, I decided to try to force it since I didn’t want it to possibly delay installation of the latest updates that I do care about!

I finally had this DTE update install after experiencing/attempting the following:

1. Driving 120+ miles on three successive days, watching the LVB hit up to 92% SoC each day….failed each day both by manual attempts and by automatic attempts after achieving normal 90% SoC on my FCSP.
  2. Charged HVB to 100% on my FCSP, LVB at 92%...failed a manual attempt, with the LVB SoC dropping to 53% after the failed attempt.
  3. Left my truck on the FCSP charged at 100%, tricked the LVB into recharging by putting my truck into “Accessory “ mode. The maximum LVB SoC I was able to achieve was 94%.
  4. Turned off all my truck’s settings, including headlights and running lights, that might draw 12V power, pulled my OBD device, and initiated a manual install……SUCCESS,🎉🍸🍺🥃🥂🍹🎊🪅

Observations: As previously stated in this thread, this is a LVB SoC issue as installing this OTA appears to require a lot of the 12V battery’s available power.….but @Ford Motor Company , you designed the OTA to require a minimum 94% LVB SoC? Really!? At least you could tell us, including my dealer, what the are the installation parameters!
That's the most acronyms I've ever read in a single forum post. o_O

For those who may be new here's a quick glossary to fill in some of the blanks:

DTE - Distance To Empty.
HVB - High Voltage Battery (LVB = 12v under the Frunk).
FCSP - Ford Charge Station Pro (the upgraded charger that comes with the Extended Range).
LVB - Not sure.
SoC - Not sure.
OBD - On-Board Diagnostics (A mechanics tool that lets you read and change settings).
OTA - Over The Air (how updates download from the Internet).
Sponsored