• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
It sounds like a lot of these responses are coming directly from A2Z employees trying to cover for a very bad product that is truly garbage. Please stay off these posts with your fake product support. Your offering failed and you need to deploy a recall, which you won’t, and declare failure for your rushed to market offering.
LOL. I think your getting A2z confused with Lectron who actually has product problems.
Sponsored

epicjoeava

First Name
Joseph Avagyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
It sounds like a lot of these responses are coming directly from A2Z employees trying to cover for a very bad product that is truly garbage. Please stay off these posts with your fake product support. Your offering failed and you need to deploy a recall, which you won’t, and declare failure for your rushed to market offering.
What are you talking about?
Man, if you have issues with the adapter you are mostly alone or amongst the very few, the adapter is working fine for me and I have used it more than 50 times. Before coming on social media, get in touch with the company, they even reply on weekends and will sort you out in minutes. I have seen folks getting replacement units for free when they scratched and dropped their adapters, which not all a lot of companies would do. The charge fault you are getting is because the bottom lock is not well engaged and this has no relationship with damaging your truck. The adapter is the only one to do that, it prevents charging if not fully locked. Get in touch with them with a good attitude and they will overnight you an adapter.

As far as I know A2Z's adapters are the most used since Ford is delaying our freebie and Lectron not delivering.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
WOW this thread took a left turn.

My A2Z adapter has been great. It’s got better fit and finish than my Tesla CCS adapter did, and I’ve never had any issues with it. It’s quite a cynical take to assume that a helpful post was a stealth employee trying to cover for a “truly awful product.”

I love my “awful” A2Z adapter and will be using it to get to Nevada next week.

A2ZEV

Gold Sponsor
First Name
A2Z EV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning & Ford Mach
Occupation
EVSE
Our CEO personally reached to Mr. Brian tonight. We have offered him a replacement unit and explained everything regarding safety mechanisms, locking mechanism and such.
We were not given the chance to troubleshoot this issue with him, but most likely the bottom lock was not properly engaged (that explains the charge fault) or something else not related to the adapter and its safety.
This adapter was delivered in January.
We offered an overnight replacement.
Let's hope this gets resolved.

Posting for transparency.

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
My A2Z adapter works just fine. Great customer service. Don't listen to the trolls...

Sponsored

HHI-Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I’d like to make a suggestion for A2Z to come out with a second version of their adapter:

Integrate a ~5’ long power cable to the adapter, thus creating a single unit that has both the adapter and extra cable length.

This would alleviate access and tension issues due to the short Tesla SC cables and the location of charging ports on the Lightning (and other EVs).

if you need a Beta tester - I’d be happy to do so!

pseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hopeful lightning
I just drove from Massachusetts to Virginia and back. Once I got the hang of it, the A2Z charger worked like a charm. The Tesla network is like flying first class.

I did have a charging fault or two, and one time got a "charger is paused" error message, but generally speaking I could get things working again by moving over one stall. I did find that starting the charge with the truck turned off works best.
Sponsored