• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

All external lights stay on for 10+ mins

EVLightningSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Since I tried connecting an LED hitch cover connected through the 7-pin trailer connection (no longer using) the external front and rear lights stay on for over 10 minutes after I lock (or leave unlocked) and walk away. PaaK not connected and no fob in the vicinity. Any ideas?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Unplug the lights. There are dozens of threads on F-150 forum about NOT doing exactly what you are doing. Lights must be connected to taillight wiring. You also mess up BLIS.

Ajjra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Since I tried connecting an LED hitch cover connected through the 7-pin trailer connection (no longer using) the external front and rear lights stay on for over 10 minutes after I lock (or leave unlocked) and walk away. PaaK not connected and no fob in the vicinity. Any ideas?
When the truck is on try setting your headlights to AUTO on the dial to the left of the steering wheel on the dashboard. Then turn the truck off and see if it still happens. It’s possible that you just have left your lights on.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I had to buy a radio freq blocking box for my keys. The welcome lights come on whether I have the key fob on me or not. I don't think this is your issue, but could be. Prob more of what RickLightning said. (You can also turn off the welcome light I know, but I like'em :) )

OP
OP

EVLightningSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Unplug the lights. There are dozens of threads on F-150 forum about NOT doing exactly what you are doing. Lights must be connected to taillight wiring. You also mess up BLIS.
Sorry what do you mean by unplug the lights? I got rid of the LED light hitch cover entirely already and won't go back. How do I reset?

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Sorry what do you mean by unplug the lights? I got rid of the LED light hitch cover entirely already and won't go back. How do I reset?
That wasn't clear in your original post.

Rotate headlight knob to off, then back to auto.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I had to buy a radio freq blocking box for my keys.
For any reason related to the lights? Or for the unrelated reason of worrying about people cloning your fob?

The welcome lights come on whether I have the key fob on me or not.
With it without the fob, this appears to be part of the security system as much as the “welcome.”

with the fob, I believe, the only difference is that placing your hand on the handle will unlock the vehicle

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I bought the box because I would see my trucks lights illuminate in the garage when I am sitting in my office (could see on security camera) . The key fob would be no where near me nor being moved.

Tyler Durden

First Name
Cornelius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Is there an option to disable walk-up / hand-on-handle auto-unlock with the keyfob? I do NOT want this; I'd rather unlock only via keyfob button press (or PaaK if I ever get it working).

Related: where can I find the factory door keypad unlock code--I cannot find it anywhere, I may have to call the dealer.

TIA.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Is there an option to disable walk-up / hand-on-handle auto-unlock with the keyfob? I do NOT want this; I'd rather unlock only via keyfob button press (or PaaK if I ever get it working).

Related: where can I find the factory door keypad unlock code--I cannot find it anywhere, I may have to call the dealer.

TIA.
Usually on a card with your manual.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
The past several days I noticed similar behavior, I tinkered with the number of seconds of delay the courtesy light mode lasts, minimum setting then back to reasonably short delay, this tweak seems to have fixed the issue.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
that code number may also be found under the steering wheel area, above the pedals... a sticker/label....as on many previous Ford vehicles.
Sponsored