• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am pretty confident we are talking about 300 miles estimate with 1,000 lbs of payload (combo of people or stuff) with the Extended range battery and the same factor was utilized to estimate 230 range on the standard range model.

That is unless you can show me Ford is now touting a higher range than at launch…which I have not seen anywhere.
See post #40.
300 miles with 1000 lbs on standard battery.
Sponsored

Kickaha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
See post #40.
300 miles with 1000 lbs on standard battery.
Has anyone heard any official statements on range estimates for the Extended Battery? I have seen the info on the "first look" videos showing 450+ range but I have not heard any official data. Are we still in the dark on that?

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
Has anyone heard any official statements on range estimates for the Extended Battery? I have seen the info on the "first look" videos showing 450+ range but I have not heard any official data. Are we still in the dark on that?
According to Ford’s published specs page, the standard range is estimated as 230 miles, and the extended range is estimated as 300 miles. I don’t see a reason to think it jumped to 300 for the SR based on OP’s Q&A session. Maybe, I guess.
Ford F-150 Lightning Answers & Info From F-150 Lightning Event. 300 mile range with 1000 lbs payload confirmed 2037A7D6-A749-4E01-9736-748CA777C18E

I’ve been scouring information from the internet, and at their exhibit at the Chicago Auto Show. Nothing I’ve heard indicates they’re ready to change these projections yet. I agree with others that think Ford is being super careful to try to under promise/over deliver.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
You are right to be skeptical, that's why I had asked for clarification in post #36 to which OP responded in #40. Looks like they have now clarified in post #40 that it is was the larger battery which is in line with the published specs.

I guess till we have real world driving tests, we will need to go off the published specs: 230 M for Standard range and 300 M for extended range battery.

According to Ford’s published specs page, the standard range is estimated as 230 miles, and the extended range is estimated as 300 miles. I don’t see a reason to think it jumped to 300 for the SR based on OP’s Q&A session. Maybe, I guess.
2037A7D6-A749-4E01-9736-748CA777C18E.jpeg

I’ve been scouring information from the internet, and at their exhibit at the Chicago Auto Show. Nothing I’ve heard indicates they’re ready to change these projections yet. I agree with others that think Ford is being super careful to try to under promise/over deliver.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Except I ordered my F-150 through the fleet manager at the local dealer – he had access to configure the truck from all options for fleet buyers and outfitters. Maybe if I tried to color outside the lines the order would have been interrupted. Maybe Ford will be paying attention to early Lightning orders trying to maximize early adopter revenue/profit per vehicle. I imagine there will be some high profile fleet deployments used for marketing as well as the benefit of commercial owners who won't be as finicky as retail owners, so any early production quality hiccups won't result in these forums flooded with bad news.

Sponsored

neugucpi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Enclave, Outback
2037A7D6-A749-4E01-9736-748CA777C18E.jpeg

Isn't that Ford used to report lower numbers as EPA so what confirmed here on SR battery the lightning can do 300 miles with 1000 lbs payload still makes sense.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Except I ordered my F-150 through the fleet manager at the local dealer – he had access to configure the truck from all options for fleet buyers and outfitters. Maybe if I tried to color outside the lines the order would have been interrupted. Maybe Ford will be paying attention to early Lightning orders trying to maximize early adopter revenue/profit per vehicle. I imagine there will be some high profile fleet deployments used for marketing as well as the benefit of commercial owners who won't be as finicky as retail owners, so any early production quality hiccups won't result in these forums flooded with bad news.
Did you get the fleet discount? Fleet financing? Very rarely does Ford limit specific options to fleet buyers. But when they want to do that, they have a very easy way of enforcing that. In this case, Ford made it clear that extended range Pro will go to fleet buyers only. At least initially.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Did you get the fleet discount? Fleet financing? Very rarely does Ford limit specific options to fleet buyers. But when they want to do that, they have a very easy way of enforcing that. In this case, Ford made it clear that extended range Pro will go to fleet buyers only. At least initially.
I didn't get a discount or use Ford finance, just the advertised incentives for retail at the time. I expect Ford will "Tesla" the rollout – sell the expensive models fully equipped first, satisfy the affluent first-kid-on-the-block buyers, then a year or two later, the bare bones hose-out models will start to arrive.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I didn't get a discount or use Ford finance, just the advertised incentives for retail at the time. I expect Ford will "Tesla" the rollout – sell the expensive models fully equipped first, satisfy the affluent first-kid-on-the-block buyers, then a year or two later, the bare bones hose-out models will start to arrive.
It has been reported many times that Ford has stated they will have all trims available at launch. Pro availability may not be in the first few thousand vehicles but it shouldn't be years out.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This has been covered many times before. Ford said they will be putting out all the trims at the beginning. Since Ford doesn't assemble vehicles with mallets and parts from Home Depot, they can actually make a profit on lower priced variants. Personally, I'm not interest in a truck that requires a mortgage.

Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
It has been reported many times that Ford has stated they will have all trims available at launch. Pro availability may not be in the first few thousand vehicles but it shouldn't be years out.
This has been covered many times before. Ford said they will be putting out all the trims at the beginning. Since Ford doesn't assemble vehicles with mallets and parts from Home Depot, they can actually make a profit on lower priced variants. Personally, I'm not interest in a truck that requires a mortgage.
ok … ok … : )

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I don't think the base trim will disappear, especially for orders. There's a great deal of publicity value value in saying that you can have a full size EV truck for under $40K. If it's true that they expect on 10% to be bought in base trim, Ford will make enough money on Lariats and Platinums to cover limited profit on Pros.
I think Pro pricing is a response to Cybertruck single motor. Tesla have not had a good track record with lower trims and if their 4680 issues are not resolved, at best they may have delays with all trims and at worse may cancel CT1 (have it off menu). In that case, there will be no pressure on Ford to produce and sell Pro. These two for both companies are for bragging rights more than profit. If they make enough money from the rest, they may forget about bragging.

I may as well cancel my reservation. For me it is for personal use and I have no interest in other trims. If I can't get the base Pro in time, I will be looking at either Cybertruck (CT2) or Rivian. At $50K and $70K you get a lot more than you would for similarly priced Lightening.

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
I think Pro pricing is a response to Cybertruck single motor. Tesla have not had a good track record with lower trims and if their 4680 issues are not resolved, at best they may have delays with all trims and at worse may cancel CT1 (have it off menu). In that case, there will be no pressure on Ford to produce and sell Pro. These two for both companies are for bragging rights more than profit. If they make enough money from the rest, they may forget about bragging.

I may as well cancel my reservation. For me it is for personal use and I have no interest in other trims. If I can't get the base Pro in time, I will be looking at either Cybertruck (CT2) or Rivian. At $50K and $70K you get a lot more than you would for similarly priced Lightening.
I was dead set on the Rivian until I thought about what happens if I need warranty repair. There isn't a Rivian dealer any where near me. There's 5 Ford dealers all within 20 miles of home. 4 of them are listed as authorized EV dealers.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In that case, there will be no pressure on Ford to produce and sell Pro. These two for both companies are for bragging rights more than profit. If they make enough money from the rest, they may forget about bragging.
It may be about bragging rights for Tesla. Ford, on the other hand, really wants to sell their truck to business. I just don't see many fleet buyers itching to spend on a Lariat or Platinum.
Sponsored