• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody MISSING stuff from your build?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Tailgate assist is not missing. As described here by others, it is just a super vague crappy description of a device that assists in lifting the tailgate and making it easier to close. Having accidentally dropped the unhinged tailgate on my finger I can assure you it works.

I, too, don't have a key lock on my spare. However, I didn't see anywhere that said it would be included...just the assumption it should be there because it was included (and not listed) on past Model Years.
Sponsored

AZ23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I ordered the tailgate step on my pro and noticed it wasn't on my window sticker. I called the dealer and they told me several f150s had that option removed which kind of pissed me off since they never informed me. However I wouldn't be surprised if they placed my order wrong somehow since it seems like others are getting the step.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
@pi
I do not have the built in step. I had it listed on my build and it seems like the tailgate is lighter then normal. Here is a few pictures of my hinges
14180059-1675-4531-9DF3-BEDFB6834B33.jpeg
If you had a torsion bar, you would see it in this picture. Your tailgate is light because it doesn't have all the internal bracing for the step mechanism.

I have the motorized tailgate, but this picture should give you an idea of what to look for if you had a torsion rod. This is the driver's side hinge.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anybody MISSING stuff from your build? 20230126_173931

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I ordered the tailgate step on my pro and noticed it wasn't on my window sticker. I called the dealer and they told me several f150s had that option removed which kind of pissed me off since they never informed me. However I wouldn't be surprised if they placed my order wrong somehow since it seems like others are getting the step.
I can assure you, there are no build constraints associated with the stepgate.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Well if that is the case, “Tailgate Assist” is maybe the worst option ever. I’m still torqued I did not get the cool tailgate overlay with the ruler and stuff on a 60k truck. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Lightning but disappearing options and price changes sour the milk just a bit.
The plastic overlay only fits on the stepgate.

Sponsored

AZ23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I can assure you, there are no build constraints associated with the stepgate.
That's what I figured. They're trying to get me to pay 1700 for "dealer installed options" that supposedly I can't opt out of, so maybe at least Ill be able to use the tailgate step as a bargaining tool. I hate dealing with dealerships!

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I, too, don't have a key lock on my spare.
Not sure if it was a change between 2022 and 2023, but this is in the 2023 order guide as Standard Equipment for the Pro, which is also supposed to be included on all higher trim levels.
Ford F-150 Lightning Anybody MISSING stuff from your build? 1674777398865

xwing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
I do Not have the spare tire look or the frunk cargo net. Has anyone had any luck in getting these from the dealer? If so was there something to reference? I have pretty much had to hold their hand and lead them through where to find the form for the tax credit.

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Tailgate assist is not missing. As described here by others, it is just a super vague crappy description of a device that assists in lifting the tailgate and making it easier to close. Having accidentally dropped the unhinged tailgate on my finger I can assure you it works.

I, too, don't have a key lock on my spare. However, I didn't see anywhere that said it would be included...just the assumption it should be there because it was included (and not listed) on past Model Years.
It’s definitely missing. There are no torsion bars on any of our trucks as @Pioneer74 has mentioned/shown. Also when I lift my tailgate I can tell there there is nothing that’s helping in anyway.

OP
OP
Pod

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
It’s definitely missing. There are no torsion bars on any of our trucks as @Pioneer74 has mentioned/shown. Also when I lift my tailgate I can tell there there is nothing that’s helping in anyway.
Yep. Put my Lightning side by side with my buddy’s 2020 with tailgate assist. It is not on the truck. No torsion rod present. Tailgates weight the exact same except his gently glides down and mine goes boom…bump..bump. Something is not right, they left it off the build. I am sure of it.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Yep. Put my Lightning side by side with my buddy’s 2020 with tailgate assist. It is not on the truck. No torsion rod present. Tailgates weight the exact same except his gently glides down and mine goes boom…bump..bump. Something is not right, they left it off the build. I am sure of it.
Up is "assist". That is the torsion rod. This is impossible to add to base tailgates.

Down is "dampening". That is the cylinder in the passenger side "D" pillar. This can be added after the fact.

OP
OP
Pod

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is what should be there….Tailgate assist dampener. OEM Ford part. Listed on window. It ain’t on my truck

Ford F-150 Lightning Anybody MISSING stuff from your build? 330A9C08-7903-4C94-A0A5-F74200C1453B

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

It’s actually called out on the order guide under standard equipment at the Pro level. It should be on every Lightning. I didn’t fight the cargo net but this is a feature that should definitely be there.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anybody MISSING stuff from your build? C1361ACF-FB71-434B-B65E-D795996E01F9

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
This is what should be there….Tailgate assist dampener. OEM Ford part. Listed on window. It ain’t on my truck

330A9C08-7903-4C94-A0A5-F74200C1453B.jpeg
That's a different option. Tailgate assist is just that, a tailgate assist to make it lighter when lifting. The tailgate dampener pictured here is a different option/feature. I installed the dampener after picking up my truck and it makes it lower slowly, but does not assist in making it lighter when lifting.

OP
OP
Pod

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Perhaps lift assist is how Ford refers to a handle. Lolz.
Thanks everyone for the feedback, This board is great…

now, about those locks…
Sponsored