• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody claimed their 2023 tax credit yet?

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
filed mine yesterday using Turbotax. IRS has accepted the return. according to the IRS it will take 21 days to process and issue my refund.

I talked to my dealer about the form they are supposed to fill out and give to us but they didn't have a clue about what I was talking about. Note that form 8936 Clean Vehicle Credit form does not ask the dealer name or for any form supplied from them. just supply the VIN and the date of purchase.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
filed mine yesterday using Turbotax. IRS has accepted the return. according to the IRS it will take 21 days to process and issue my refund.

I talked to my dealer about the form they are supposed to fill out and give to us but they didn't have a clue about what I was talking about. Note that form 8936 Clean Vehicle Credit form does not ask the dealer name or for any form supplied from them. just supply the VIN and the date of purchase.
You will be good to go, the new forms and processes involving retail purchase credits etc will affect tax year 2024. If you at least got the acknowledgement letter head from a 2023 purchase that should be sufficient in the event you're audited {random} in the next three years, unlikely but one nevers knows!

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I e-filed through TurboTax mid-Feb and got my refund today. I also got notification from the Texas (TERP) clean vehicle grant/rebate program that I was accepted/approved for $2500, so 10k off combined.

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Manager
I e-filed through TurboTax mid-Feb and got my refund today. I also got notification from the Texas (TERP) clean vehicle grant/rebate program that I was accepted/approved for $2500, so 10k off combined.
My tax refund arrived today - with the credit 😀

Sponsored

ssmegapunish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning SR, 2021 F-350 DRW CC, 2022 Bronco
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - I do power grid studies and program the equipment that runs it.
In case others are searching the forum and need some help:

I was in the "special" 1/1/2023 - 4/17/2023 purchase period for the credit where nobody knew what they were doing and had requirements unique to that time period. Used the HR block software since free for military and was rejected since no VIN match at the IRS. Long story short I had to guide dealer on how to fill out the 15400 form. Had to explain that the MSRP on the vehicle at time of sale was the number to use for qualifying (basically the window sticker) instead of all the actual purchase price with all the extras/accessories. Note different purchase dates have different requirements for qualifying.

The IRS points you here to check on your credit availability and requirements:
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax2023.shtml

Go here to get proof vehicle was manufactured in North America:
https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/electric-vehicles-for-tax-credit

Used Ford's spec sheet for proof of kWh:
https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2022/f-150-lightning/pdf/F-150_Lightning_Tech_Specs.pdf

For the MSRP, saved a copy of the window sticker in my 2023 tax records.

In the end I had to end up mailing in our returns and including the 15400 form. With documentation squared away above I have zero worries about audits.

Last edited:

OracleX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
IT Solution Delivery Manager
Anyone know if there are tax credits for Ontario, Canada?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
was in the "special" 1/1/2023 - 4/17/2023 purchase period for the credit where nobody knew what they were doing and had requirements unique to that time period. Used the HR block software since free for military and was rejected since no VIN match at the IRS. Long story short I had to guide dealer on how to fill out the 15400 form. Had to explain that the MSRP on the vehicle at time of sale was the number to use for qualifying (basically the window sticker) instead of all the actual purchase price with all the extras/accessories. Note different purchase dates have different requirements for qualifying.
I'm happy to see that IRS is using real time validation, sadly during this transition year of lackadaisical and lazy dealers not getting all PRIOR sales records loaded as required is causing negative effects on some of you early '23 sales.

Let's hope the tax examiners understand what they're doing if/when reject occurs again, DO NOT lose any of the documents until 4/15/2028 {Tax year ending 12/31/2023} !!

(The assessment statute of limitations is 4/15/2027, but give yourself as much time as you see fit beyond that date, if a statutory notice of assessment is sent to a stale address and the assessment occurs by default, the collection process starts soon afterwards and it will find you ...guaranteed....!)

Last edited:

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired

UPDATE ON EARLIER POST: GOT MY REFUND TODAY.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Nice on the TERP, I got my notice beginning of February, still waiting on the check!

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I got my refund today. Sadly, I’m retired and don’t have ( or need a large income), so the refund in 2023 netted me a whole $896.00 bucks. 🙁. But I knew that I wouldn’t get the full $7,500 going in and bought last April anyway.

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I e-filed 5 weeks ago and it's so frustrating checking everyday on the status of my refund and getting this

Ford F-150 Lightning Anybody claimed their 2023 tax credit yet? Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 6.28.04 AM.jpe

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I e-filed 5 weeks ago and it's so frustrating checking everyday on the status of my refund and getting this

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 6.28.04 AM.jpeg.png
Save yourself some time & aggravation, and look on Monday mornings, the IMF {Individual Master File} updates on Sundays for general transaction inputs, which would be those input to release a refund hold condition.

Unfortunately, it's unpredictable as to when your case will be reviewed by a tax examiner, hopefully it won't require communications to and from you the resolve the hold, but that's still a possibility.

The screen snip above refers to "daily updates" which occur with original return submissions, but when a reject/hold condition is placed on the account, changes to status are slower.

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Save yourself some time & aggravation, and look on Monday mornings, the IMF {Individual Master File} updates on Sundays for general transaction inputs, which would be those input to release a refund hold condition.

Unfortunately, it's unpredictable as to when your case will be reviewed by a tax examiner, hopefully it won't require communications to and from you the resolve the hold, but that's still a possibility.

The screen snip above refers to "daily updates" which occur with original return submissions, but when a reject/hold condition is placed on the account, changes to status are slower.
I remember back in 2020 I got this same status message and it took like 9 months to get our refund :eek:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I remember back in 2020 I got this same status message and it took like 9 months to get our refund :eek:
It won't be as bad as back then, at that time frame the number of TE's working at the campus' was restrict due to C19.
Sponsored