• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody claimed their 2023 tax credit yet?

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Was finally able to e-file my taxes today, IRS accepted within 5 minutes!

I had used H&R Block software and IRS rejected last Friday because of an H&R Block issue with the clean vehicle tax credit form. This year the software seemed kind of buggy so don’t know if I want to keep using them.
Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
I e-filed 5 weeks ago and it's so frustrating checking everyday on the status of my refund and getting this

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 6.28.04 AM.jpeg.png
Im in the same boat...had to do an identity verification thing a couple weeks ago, but still nothing since then. very annoying.

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I used H&B block and it took a while before the form was available. I filed a while ago and just received my refund this past Monday. Also got some credit for installing solar on my garage roof.

Ltron

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER , 24 Lyriq AWD Lux1
Occupation
Ret
We took delivery of a 24 Lyric in Dec and applied for $7.5k credit for which we just got refunds back from IRS. Bought a 23 Lightning last month a dealer fronted the 24 tax credit at tme of sale. So yes 23 and yes 24. Great time to buy

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

Ish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Powerboost XLT; ‘23 Lariat ER ordered
Im in the same boat...had to do an identity verification thing a couple weeks ago, but still nothing since then. very annoying.
got dinged for identity verification too. Getting my refund deposited today, now that the clock has rolled over. My bank account showed the deposit before the where’s my refund tool so I stopped checking that. It was about two weeks after I verified my identity. Maybe it helped that I already had a verified id.me account for work?

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
got dinged for identity verification too. Getting my refund deposited today, now that the clock has rolled over. My bank account showed the deposit before the where’s my refund tool so I stopped checking that. It was about two weeks after I verified my identity. Maybe it helped that I already had a verified id.me account for work?
I got my refund 2 days ago! Would have been about 2 weeks after the ID verification. Oddly enough, I also had already done that Idme thing prior to this because I handle some IRS stuff for a family business.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I know we are a few days past the filing deadline, I cut mine close and filed last weekend. Came back with a credit of $7465...so close!! Honestly, just happy the dealer did their job and it all went smoothly. My CPA just asked for my VIN and it all worked out.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I know we are a few days past the filing deadline, I cut mine close and filed last weekend. Came back with a credit of $7465...so close!! Honestly, just happy the dealer did their job and it all went smoothly. My CPA just asked for my VIN and it all worked out.
Yeah, that ticked me off. I did a very, very tight estimate of my taxes just before year end, and did an IRA conversion to Roth, and thought I had it perfect. I totally forgot that tax brackets shift each year, which makes more income tax-free. I came in at $7,360, and lost an additional $41 on the credit for my charging station (after a $500 rebate that's 30% of what was left), so I left a total of $192 in tax credit on the table. Could have converted another $683 of IRA to Roth.

3 years in a row of doing this (2021 Mach-E, 2022 Mach-E, and 2022 Lightning). I'm done for a while.
Sponsored

Last edited: