• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Idk about you, but I’ve got one of these on mine, secured with double sided tape - heavy duty tape of course

1696856620202.jpeg

The beta fish helps me relax and keep my road rage down. The windshield glass creates a nice greenhouse effect, and I grow some basil and oregano in it for fresh pizza toppings when I’m on the road. The dash mat will be perfect for me.
Nice! Cool seeing someone doing the beta fish mod.

Personally, I opted to install the Ford Grow Station Pro flood-drain hydroponic system in that space so I can grow fresh herbs and tomatoes while parked in the sun on the job site.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B11 -- Dash Mat Replacement (to prevent liquid entering through top of the instrument panel) Photo_1696859570333
Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
My XLT was just for this recall. They could not do it as the part was wrong. Just confusing.

N0v0w3ls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I hadn't actually seen this thread or the notice before, but my dealership called me today and told me about it and had their mobile service unit come do it in the parking lot of my office which was a refreshing departure.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Of course, as I read this and look up, I see mine is warping too.
My speaker grill is warped too, and I will ask them to fix that.
Have had an annoying creaking sound at the passenger side A pillar where it meets the dashboard. Tried shoving some wedges into the area to quiet it down, but we still hear creaking in that area.

Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
The new mat. Also notice the warp.. haha.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B11 -- Dash Mat Replacement (to prevent liquid entering through top of the instrument panel) IMG_2577

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I've had the new one for a couple weeks, still no idea why it was necessary but I do like it more. I mainly throw sunglasses up there and they used to slide all the way across the dash on an occassional aggressive turn. With the lip now that is no longer an issue. .

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Maybe I'm confused...

You need a new speaker grill, too, because that one is warped.

The tech wrote in my repair order that the grill looked "normal." When I called in, the SA told me he showed him the other one and it looked the same...so I said, well sounds like you've got a few trucks with warped grills then?

Spoke with the boss and told him I didn't really care if he looked at all of the Fords on the lot and they all had warped grills--it just means Ford has a problem not that mine is normal. Said that maybe it's a matter of opinion; however, since I'm the one who spent $80K on the truck I'm of the opinion it should have zero warped grills. He agreed and ordered up a new grill.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
You need a new speaker grill, too, because that one is warped.

The tech wrote in my repair order that the grill looked "normal." When I called in, the SA told me he showed him the other one and it looked the same...so I said, well sounds like you've got a few trucks with warped grills then?

Spoke with the boss and told him I didn't really care if he looked at all of the Fords on the lot and they all had warped grills--it just means Ford has a problem not that mine is normal. Said that maybe it's a matter of opinion; however, since I'm the one who spent $80K on the truck I'm of the opinion it should have zero warped grills. He agreed and ordered up a new grill.
Personally doesn't bother me, which is surprising, since I'm usually particular about these things and I value my truck not being molested by careless Ford techs, more than I care about a straight grille. But I 100% understand wanting it fixed.

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I value my truck not being molested by careless Ford techs, more than I care about a straight grille.
I agree with that perspective. If it's more than popping off the grill and replacing it I'm also going to just deal with it.

wilmerfjohnson

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT SR,2021 Bronco, 2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner
My XLT was just for this recall. They could not do it as the part was wrong. Just confusing.
Agreed! I got the paper love letter from Mother Ford via US Mail, made the appointment with my Ford dealership (who is a good one), they confirmed that my VIN was included. FoMoCo sent the small mat, not the big mat for those with plain jane sound systems. My service advisor is taking this up with Mo Ford.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Replacement mat will be in on Monday.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
I can't imagine who, but apparently we have some among us that sit liquids up there. Have not heard of any kind of leak from anyone on the forum, not in that area. Some from the moon roof, maybe that leak runs across the headliner and drips in that area or something.
I’m one of those that does that when I’m unfolding the console to eat lunch on because the other cup holders are being used…
I’ve never had any leaks from my windshield or anywhere really though.

Reactions: GDN

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
I got this CSP notice for my Pro… Why Ford did you send this to me!?
Sponsored