• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice

ZSLC

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat Extended
Found a nearby dealer that was able to get me in. They did the lightbar, dashmat, and BECM, parts for the heated steering wheel are backordered. Took two days but I can live with that. Now my ford dash no longer shows the dashmat or lightbar, but BECM ( 23B57 ) is still there and there is a new module update ( 23B50 Description: Charge cord stuck - reprogram battery charge control module). Anyone else see this one yet?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
and there is a new module update ( 23B50 Description: Charge cord stuck - reprogram battery charge control module). Anyone else see this one yet?
My truck does not show this yet......

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Found a nearby dealer that was able to get me in. They did the lightbar, dashmat, and BECM, parts for the heated steering wheel are backordered. Took two days but I can live with that. Now my ford dash no longer shows the dashmat or lightbar, but BECM ( 23B57 ) is still there and there is a new module update ( 23B50 Description: Charge cord stuck - reprogram battery charge control module). Anyone else see this one yet?
I don't see this one yet.

XLT Jeffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT SR
Received in the mail today from Ford Canada. I had the reduced power error once back in early August and nothing since. June 22' build date. 💪

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice 20231012_160925

ZSLC

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat Extended
FWIW last night all service and recall messages disappeared from my app and web dashboard. Hopefully this was just a data blip.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I do think Ford dealers/Techs are confused about this TSB. I finally got my truck back but without this Software update.

I tried explaining to them that there was no need to replace the module if there was no indication that it was malfunctioning.

They never plugged in the Truck to have the software diagnostics, they just assumed the TSB said to replace the module which is why they were waiting on Ford Support. I pulled the truck out of the dealer with just the Lightbar replacement and Mat.

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Mine assumed it was the same as the MME notice. After I pointed out that I'd read it myself (thanks to this forum as I hadn't received my letter yet) and that module replace was only required AFTER the software update says so, did they agree and just apply the update. Or at least I hope they did, the notice is still in FordPass and I had the update a few weeks ago.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
The CSP for 23B57 is still showing in my FordPass app, too. The work on my Lightning to replace 2 battery modules was completed on 9/15/2023. The Repair Order states the BECM was updated. The Repair Order also shows 23B57 as an Outstanding (open) "recall". The work on my Lightning was completed a day or two after my learning of 23B57 on this forum. I had the dealership add 23B57 to my Repair Order. When I picked up my truck I questioned the service advisor if they were sure they installed the latest BECM update since 23B57 was so recent. He said they installed the latest BECM update in their system. He also stated that 23B57 would remain showing open for the next year. That did not make sense to me since they said they completed the CSP. However, it still shows as an open item in FordPass, and others are seeing the same thing.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Yeah! I think I need to take mine in. A few mornings ago I was ready to leave a campsite and it said to pull over and go for maintenance. It only crawled, so I ordered up a flatbed tow. About an hour later after getting in and out of the truck it started running again with no dummy light errors. Cancelled the tow.

I’ve noticed my battery would charge to 100% at home before a long trip, then once it hit the road it would go down to 96 then 92%. Now it goes straight from 100% to 86% after unplugging. Temp was 60 degrees.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah! I think I need to take mine in. A few mornings ago I was ready to leave a campsite and it said to pull over and go for maintenance. It only crawled, so I ordered up a flatbed tow. About an hour later after getting in and out of the truck it started running again with no dummy light errors. Cancelled the tow.

I’ve noticed my battery would charge to 100% at home before a long trip, then once it hit the road it would go down to 96 then 92%. Now it goes straight from 100% to 86% after unplugging. Temp was 60 degrees.
Yes you need to take it in

Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Investigator

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I was going to do it tomorrow. But on a tow truck now heading in and dropping it off. It happened again.
IMG_5208.jpeg
Damn, another one down...it seems like as time goes on more and more Lightnings are just failing and falling down like dominoes...

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Update: I got a call that came in saying “Ford Recall”, so I definitely picked it up. Lady over the phone said my truck had been identified as a recall for the main battery and asked what dealership I wanted the work done at. I told her the one I had it towed to in Carson City 😂. She looked it up and said it would take two weeks to mail the part out and that I was entitled to a rental while I wait.

I will update how long it takes. I need to find a ride to get my rental now.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I was back at my dealer today for an unrelated visit. My service advisor tells be that I have CSPs available for my Lightning. 23B50 and 23B57. I reminded him that they just did 23B57 a couple weeks ago. He checked and said they did, indeed, and submitted everything to Ford. But the CSP still shows open in Oasis (and FP). Apparently something on Ford’s end is keeping these from getting closed out.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I visited my dealer this afternoon to check in with them and make an appointment for this as well as the two recall items (Wiper motor & Tailgate Light Bar) as well as the dash mat swap.

Next available date is Thursday 11/9/23, hoping it all goes smoothly.
Sponsored