• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Allocations Are Out!?

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
What if Ford (not dealer) decides your place in line for an invitation to visit your dealer will be the average of your timestamp-based position and your "dealer priority list" position, making you position 22?

Did you pay more than reservation cost to get that dealer priority list position?
No I didnā€™t pay anything, it was because I had notified them how the process works early. Thatā€™s how I got bumped up. Never agreed to any ADM either.
Sponsored

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
From the documents provided, one who is prioritized should theoretically overtake those who ordered early. I ordered in late November for example. However, I was pushed from the last spot at my dealer, spot 40, to spot 4. Therefore, I should be ahead of the other guys who are not prioritized, even if they placed orders first day, thatā€™s what priority means. First 5 spots at dealers with 50 or less orders get prioritized.

Someone can buy an airline ticket 2 years ahead of time, and I can buy one 2 hours ahead of time. But because I bought first class, I take priority over the dude who bought it 2 years ago on things like boarding, seats, service, etc. Same principle. Otherwise whatā€™s the point of ford allowing prioritizations if theyā€™re just gonna follow a true timestamp process in the end?! Makes 0 sense. Iā€™m sure day 1 people will still get their trucks reasonably fast though.
That is a really really dump comparison with the airline tickets. First, I am buying a ticket for the airline not a reservation to buy a ticket. Second, buying a ticket guaranties me a seat and the airline cannot take it way without compensating me. People like you who are paying to jump the line are ruining it for the rest of us.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I ordered in late November for example. However, I was pushed from the last spot at my dealer, spot 40, to spot 4. Therefore, I should be ahead of the other guys who are not prioritized, even if they placed orders first day, thatā€™s what priority means. First 5 spots at dealers with 50 or less orders get prioritized.
how much did it cost you to jump the line?

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I'm not even sure Ford knows what the production capability is yet.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That is a really really dump comparison with the airline tickets. First, I am buying a ticket for the airline not a reservation to buy a ticket. Second, buying a ticket guaranties me a seat and the airline cannot take it way without compensating me. People like you who are paying to jump the line are ruining it for the rest of us.
Buying an airline ticket doesnā€™t guarantee a seat, you sign a contract of carriage which Iā€™m sure no one reads. Just like no one read the terms and conditions when they reserved a Lightning. I never paid to jump line, nor will I pay any markup. Thatā€™s ridiculous.

Sponsored

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
how much did it cost you to jump the line?
$0, just gave them info from the forum which they appreciated. Plus Iā€™m nice to the salesman and Iā€™ve known him for a little awhile.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I really wonder if every EV certified dealer will get at least 1 allocation or not for a 2022. Reading the threads where I have seen "big dealers" say they'll get 2-3 and then some smaller dealers sound like they would get more than that. Can't really tell what's going to happen, guess we'll see how the first invite waves go next month!

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
I really wonder if every EV certified dealer will get at least 1 allocation or not for a 2022. Reading the threads where I have seen "big dealers" say they'll get 2-3 and then some smaller dealers sound like they would get more than that. Can't really tell what's going to happen, guess we'll see how the first invite waves go next month!
This info is quite speculative and maybe not useful, but I've got time to kill and nervous energy to burn off while I'm waiting for an email from Ford.

In another thread someone posted the text of an email they got from their dealer stating that 50% of the '22 production will go to ZEV states (snippet pasted below). On Ford's web site, the number of dealerships in ZEV states totals about 600 (not excluding those that are not EV certified). So a quick calculation of half the estimated '22 production of 15,000 units divided by the number of dealerships = 12.5 units per dealership if evenly distributed.

7500/600 = 12.5

"Over 50% of the allocation will be delivered to dealers in the Zev statesā€¦

Even though it would make us sad, you still have time to transfer your reservation to a Zev state dealer ā€“ once you find a dealer & negotiate your pricing/ADM, contact the Ford CRC 800# (800-392-3673) to transferā€¦List of Zev states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washingtonā€¦"

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
This info is quite speculative and maybe not useful, but I've got time to kill and nervous energy to burn off while I'm waiting for an email from Ford.

In another thread someone posted the text of an email they got from their dealer stating that 50% of the '22 production will go to ZEV states (snippet pasted below). On Ford's web site, the number of dealerships in ZEV states totals about 600 (not excluding those that are not EV certified). So a quick calculation of half the estimated '22 production of 15,000 units divided by the number of dealerships = 12.5 units per dealership if evenly distributed.

7500/600 = 12.5

So you mean living in New York state might actually be good for something? <GASP>

LOL

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

7500/600 = 12.5
So extremely good chance every dealer gets at least 1 allocation.

Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database Developer

7500/600 = 12.5
Ok, to extrapolate this out a little further, according to this article Ford has 2100 EV certified dealerships, or about 70% of the total of 3100. Letā€™s assume for this calculation all the dealerships in ZEV states are EV certified, then we can subtract 600 from 2100 for 1500 dealerships in non ZEV states. 50% of ā€˜22 production distributed evenly to non ZEV states would be 5 units per dealership. It will vary some based on sales record perhaps, but on average Iā€™m assuming 12 trucks per dealership in the ZEV states listed and 5 per dealership in the non ZEV states.

7500/1500 = 5

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ealers-decide-costly-upgrades-or-obsolescence

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, to extrapolate this out a little further, according to this article Ford has 2100 EV certified dealerships, or about 70% of the total of 3100. Letā€™s assume for this calculation all the dealerships in ZEV states are EV certified, then we can subtract 600 from 2100 for 1500 dealerships in non ZEV states. 50% of ā€˜22 production distributed evenly to non ZEV states would be 5 units per dealership. It will vary some based on sales record perhaps, but on average Iā€™m assuming 12 trucks per dealership in the ZEV states listed and 5 per dealership in the non ZEV states.

7500/1500 = 5

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ealers-decide-costly-upgrades-or-obsolescence
Good data gathering, thanks! Good to know.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback

7500/1500 = 5

Does this include the mannequin each dealer is getting?

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician

7500/1500 = 5

Except you're forgetting about us Canadians...we are getting some too and one person in Ontario said their dealer was allocated 13 units. I asked mine how many today but haven't gotten an email back yet.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database Developer
Does this include the mannequin each dealer is getting?
Thatā€™s a good questionā€¦Idk. If every dealership is getting a demo that would be 2100 units sent out - should those be subtracted from the 15k production for ā€˜22 or are those in addition?
Sponsored