• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Allocations Are Out!?

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Except you're forgetting about us Canadians...we are getting some too and one person in Ontario said their dealer was allocated 13 units. I asked mine how many today but haven't gotten an email back yet.
How many EV certified dealerships are there in Canada? I assume they would be included in the non ZEV state count…unless Canada’s restrictions are similar to California’s. Then it would make sense that one dealer would get 13 trucks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Of course, just guessing like everyone else but my guess is there will at best be barely enough trucks to cover the prioritized orders.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Of course, just guessing like everyone else but my guess is there will at best be barely enough trucks to cover the prioritized orders.
I don’t even think that many. Some here have said their dealers are getting 7 but had 25 prioritizations lol. Gonna be rough out there this year.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
At this point just assume you're not getting an invite and if you get one it'll be a pleasant surprise. Everyone is doing mental gymnastics to justify their assumption that they'll get a MY22.

Sponsored

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
No one mentioned in the “wave” invitations it says you can order your preferred configuration. If it isn’t available, you can choose another configuration or choose to wait.

Does anyone think this is sort of like the NFL draft or something? Where wave 1 can choose from the full production plan, and later picks choose from the remainder?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
No one mentioned in the “wave” invitations it says you can order your preferred configuration. If it isn’t available, you can choose another configuration or choose to wait.

Does anyone think this is sort of like the NFL draft or something? Where wave 1 can choose from the full production plan, and later picks choose from the remainder?
That is exactly how I expect it to go.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT

Based on the wording this is exactly how I assume it will work. The further wave you are, the greater the potential for your being more restricted.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Yup!
at some point it might be between pushing to MY23 at higher price or Spending more on higher trim

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Might be worth it to log into Ford account to monitor tomorrow huh?

Sponsored

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
Haha yes. So I switched from being ~#16 at Chapman to being #2 at my new dealer who isn’t offering the promo of Chapman, but at least isn’t gouging it’s customers with ADM and big doc fees. Best wishes to those who stick it out there!
Are you #2 because there was no one else there, or because your reservation number put you there upon transfer? I want to switch dealership tomorrow, but afraid my early first day reservation will essentially be pushed to back of the line at the new dealership. (I’m not trying to get a priority reservation, I’m just trying to avoid falling to the far end of a very long line of reservations at both dealerships.)

OP
OP

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
Are you #2 because there was no one else there, or because your reservation number put you there upon transfer? I want to switch dealership tomorrow, but afraid my early first day reservation will essentially be pushed to back of the line at the new dealership. (I’m not trying to get a priority reservation, I’m just trying to avoid falling to the far end of a very long line of reservations at both dealerships.)
It’s where my reservation put me within their list. They did not utilize the priority spots, so it was purely based on timing. If you switch, you are placed according to your time stamp. The only other factor is how many reservations the dealership gave priority to which seems to give those ones precedence over yours no matter where their time stamps were.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
My dealer told me they have 30 allocations for 2022, not sure if they meant MY22 or for all 2022 with included MY23 which starts in the summer

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
I wonder if I can call Ford and switch dealers until my place in line improves?

Switch dealer, confirm place in line, switch dealer, confirm place in line....repeat everyday for a week and switch back to original dealer if necessary. What a crappy system....

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
I wonder if I can call Ford and switch dealers until my place in line improves?

Switch dealer, confirm place in line, switch dealer, confirm place in line....repeat everyday for a week and switch back to original dealer if necessary. What a crappy system....
OK, maybe he will answer my tweet.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Allocations Are Out!? 1641293683244
Sponsored