• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dear Ford: please add charge rate display *somewhere*

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yes, the anomaly that the Charge Level Percentage shows up during BlueCruise was one of those annoyances that TOM M brought up to Ford's Darren Palmer during their video ... I don't think Darren had any comeback for that, but he may have mentioned that other info like this can always be accessed on the secondary screen, several levels down, somewhere : /

most any EV owner has always had THAT information right in front of them at ALL times... but how it has alluded Ford's LIGHTNING team is a mystery. Maybe none of them own or have driven an EV for any length of time, or far enough away from their starting point to understand it's value.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
yes, the anomaly that the Charge Level Percentage shows up during BlueCruise was one of those annoyances that TOM M brought up to Ford's Darren Palmer during their video ... I don't think Darren had any comeback for that, but he may have mentioned that other info like this can always be accessed on the secondary screen, several levels down, somewhere : /

most any EV owner has always had THAT information right in front of them at ALL times... but how it has alluded Ford's LIGHTNING team is a mystery. Maybe none of them own or have driven an EV for any length of time, or far enough away from their starting point to understand it's value.
Mach-e doesn't have it either, so it isn't just an oversight from the Lightning team.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
I might settle at the moment for a 'consistent' reading of mi/kwh. The tablet screen, dashboard, and app rarely agree.

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
It isn't just Ford either. EV engineers just don't like giving this info. Not sure why. Some memo we are not party too.

Same issue on my Etron. SoC is buried several layers deep. Though to be fair charge rate in miles per hour is displayed at DCFC charging.

Same on my BMW I3. There was a multi year knock down fight with BMW w/ lawsuits threatened, before BMW in bad faith snuck it into one of the display options. not default.

Volt is easily the best but even here % SoC not on main screen. In fact no % SoC anywhere.

Now both MachE and Lightning have same issue. Mach-e does display SoC but during DCFC no kw rate.

Lets not even mention the 'other' company that does not have a main screen or a even steering wheel optional these days.

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It isn't just Ford either. EV engineers just don't like giving this info. Not sure why. Some memo we are not party too.

Same issue on my Etron. SoC is buried several layers deep. Though to be fair charge rate in miles per hour is displayed at DCFC charging.

Same on my BMW I3. There was a multi year knock down fight with BMW w/ lawsuits threatened, before BMW in bad faith snuck it into one of the display options. not default.

Volt is easily the best but even here % SoC not on main screen. In fact no % SoC anywhere.

Now both MachE and Lightning have same issue.

Lets not even mention the 'other' company that does not have a main screen or a even steering wheel optional these days.
% SoC is always visible in my Mach-E. As long as it’s turned on, anyway.

Sponsored

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
% SoC is always visible in my Mach-E. As long as it’s turned on, anyway.
One thing that annoys me on the Mach-E is the SoC is displayed next to a battery legend that does not match. you can be at 90% SoC but the battery will say 1/2 empty!

EV engineers are so near and yet off at the same time on SoC...

Marcoux

First Name
Stéphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning XLT
It would really all be great...but I would settle for getting the time on my front dash screen...I mean I'm just annoyed having to look at the larger screen everytime I want to know what time it is...

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Now both MachE and Lightning have same issue. Mach-e does display SoC but during DCFC no kw rate.

My Bolt would always display %soc (in bar graph with 5% increments) and energy being transferred, at any time, whether being expended by the vehicle or charging. It was a simple and informative interface. I would’ve like %soc in a numerical value but the bar graph with 5% markers wasn’t terrible.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
One thing that annoys me on the Mach-E is the SoC is displayed next to a battery legend that does not match. you can be at 90% SoC but the battery will say 1/2 empty!

EV engineers are so near and yet off at the same time on SoC...
The battery icon is static, not a legend. It never changes. It’s just there to tell you that the number belongs to the battery.
Sponsored