• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DIY: Installing Passive Entry To A 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
sorry don't mean to keep hijacking the thread but

according to the ford parts page

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/jumper-wire-15443690-1?pdp=y

gives the right description, and PL3Z-14630-E is what is returned if you search for NL3Z-14630-G, though the numbers in the diagram don't match as they use different trailing letters all together. (it does also return as a fitting part for the example XLT 1FTVW1EL2NWG06496 that the OP pulled the firmware based off of)

which oddly breaks the normal naming changes, but I wont try and get into fords naming conventions, decided to pay a few bucks more and ship thru a dealer in the event that there is a fitment issue I have a bit better chance of return or swap. I'll follow-up whenever it gets here
Sponsored

OP
OP

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
yeah im wondering if its worth the extra dosh/going with a local dealer (though the ones local to me are just scummy) or just take my chances a second time but these online shops will not take a return on a electrical part at all.
Yea, I've said it here or on other threads that I found an awesome parts guy at one of my local dealers. At your local dealer (if it's not too giant) there is usually one guy the works the parts dept. counter and can work the computer to lookup diagrams/part breakdowns/pricing/availability. The test it to go in and just be brutally honest. You're trying to add Feature X and you have truck with VIN Y, but you know this truck with VIN Z has the feature. Just simply ask, can you type in this VIN and show me the breakdown of the wiring harnesses. How willing they are to help you is all you need to know whether you need to walk or not. My parts guy is awesome, he helped me for over an hour with the computer looking up various VINs and diagrams and once we ordered an incorrect harness and he took it back with zero issues.

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
Awesome progress! Does anyone happen to know of part number for the C543 female pigtail or the part numbers for the pins that would insert into the C511 male connector?

PM me if anyone interested in donating / selling me their old door harness so I could try to make my own.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Awesome progress! Does anyone happen to know of part number for the C543 female pigtail or the part numbers for the pins that would insert into the C511 male connector?

PM me if anyone interested in donating / selling me their old door harness so I could try to make my own.
I'll ship you my factory XLT EG 311A door harness, if you shoot me some shipping $ to [email protected]

Sponsored

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll ship you my factory XLT EG 311A door harness, if you shoot me some shipping $

Thank you Zach! Got your harness in yesterday. Took the tape off and unpinned the connectors...

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing Passive Entry To A 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT unnamed

The plan is to use the twisted pair wires for the ANT signal and single ended wires for GND / PWR. Ordered some cloth tape to wrap it all back up.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing Passive Entry To A 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT unnamed (1)

I believe I found the connectors on aliexpress and they should be here in the next week or so. fingers crossed

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing Passive Entry To A 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1695828185372

The plan is to add the wires to my existing harness for both front doors.

I like painted door handle look so I ordered some on ebay. Got the door handles handles in... Now I just need the china door handle connector to piece it all together....

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing Passive Entry To A 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT unnamed (2)

Stay tuned....

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
anyone near the Baltimore/DC area want to do this mod for me? im not super comfortable with it and am willing to pay of course!!

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
anyone near the Baltimore/DC area want to do this mod for me? im not super comfortable with it and am willing to pay of course!!
Felt the same as you but after watching the video and the detailed instruction here the difficulty level is similar (minus running wires) to adding the keypad on the door. The wiring I did a small section at a time so I know which plugs go where.

OP
OP

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I will be in Baltimore staying with a friend for a couple nights before the end of the year,, most likely mid Nov. if you haven't found any takers.

OP
OP

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thank you Zach! Got your harness in yesterday. Took the tape off and unpinned the connectors...

unnamed.jpg

The plan is to use the twisted pair wires for the ANT signal and single ended wires for GND / PWR. Ordered some cloth tape to wrap it all back up.

unnamed (1).jpg

I believe I found the connectors on aliexpress and they should be here in the next week or so. fingers crossed

1695828185372.png

The plan is to add the wires to my existing harness for both front doors.

I like painted door handle look so I ordered some on ebay. Got the door handles handles in... Now I just need the china door handle connector to piece it all together....

unnamed (2).jpg

Stay tuned....
Sweet, cant wait to hear of your success. I also gave you a PAWS delete widget in case you are annoyed like the majority of people. :)

Sponsored

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lol. What’s the PAWS delete? I was wondering what that thing was!

The mailman decided to drop off the China connectors just now! Whooo… now to start the install.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing Passive Entry To A 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 5E373AEE-AE4E-41C3-A283-B2EC9295517D

Last edited:

priceb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I am trying to enable approach detection without the passive entry. Which of the forscan changes would be required to do this. I have tried several combinations without success.

OP
OP

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I am trying to enable approach detection without the passive entry. Which of the forscan changes would be required to do this. I have tried several combinations without success.
Not sure this is possible without new BCM firmware required for the passive entry mod.