• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Woohooo the dealer actually fixed my stuck truck!!! I didnt think they would. The managed to run the Module Repair and got the APIM to update!! Cant wait yo get it back next week to run the rest of the updates. Have a GWM IPC and PCM update waiting for me.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 24E3F554-4D37-49DA-B2DE-920E954F4FCD

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS C8AF3012-5C71-4B22-9CD1-6FA1DB04D77A

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Beer Drinker

Attachments

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Woohooo the dealer actually fixed my stuck truck!!! I didnt think they would. The managed to run the Module Repair and got the APIM to update!! Cant wait yo get it back next week to run the rest of the updates. Have a GWM IPC and PCM update waiting for me.

24E3F554-4D37-49DA-B2DE-920E954F4FCD.jpeg

C8AF3012-5C71-4B22-9CD1-6FA1DB04D77A.jpeg
So I'm guessing that by mutual agreement between you and the service department the original intent was to just fix the stuck APIM and then you'd take it back to do the rest of the 21G01 updates? Is that it?

Mike

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
I had the dealer put my VIN in FDRS and they said I had a TRM update available. I updated March 21st already. I’ll have them do it and see what I get.
Of course the dealer scanned my truck and said modules are all up to date to latest. No sign of ML3T-19J297-DH. I'm still on ML3T-19J297-BA

Service advisor even said the update came out in the past couple days.

Still waiting I guess. Glad they have pickup and dropoff service.

Sponsored

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
So I'm guessing that by mutual agreement between you and the service department the original intent was to just fix the stuck APIM and then you'd take it back to do the rest of the 21G01 updates? Is that it?

Mike
i asked them to get me to the Blue Cruise level but they said they cant being that its not officially available to everyone yet. I guess only people in the early access program. So they are just getting me unstuck, so ill be doing the rest of the updates on my own once i get it back. Waiting for them to get a part in for the drivers seat lumbar next week and then i should have my truck back.

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
i asked them to get me to the Blue Cruise level but they said they cant being that its not officially available to everyone yet. I guess only people in the early access program. So they are just getting me unstuck, so ill be doing the rest of the updates on my own once i get it back. Waiting for them to get a part in for the drivers seat lumbar next week and then i should have my truck back.
I’m in Canada where there is no early access program and I have BC on a job 1 truck. Obviously the dealer didn’t enable it but BC isn’t limited to only those in the early access program if you’re going to do the updates yourself.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well clearly there's a gross misunderstanding on their part.

In addition they haven't read the instructions for 21G01 that tells them how to do it and were published at the end of last month.

I had to school my service department cause they thought the same thing and kept telling me the "BlueCruise" update files weren't on the server for download. (Well I guess they aren't if you're only looking for something labelled "BlueCruise Update").

And it is *officially available* to everyone who purchased a 21 Job 1 Mach-E or F-150 with the Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 Prep Package.

That Early Access Program only applies to Over The Air updates, not to techs who are getting paid under program 21G01 to do it using FDRS at the dealerships.

Wow. Unbelievable this sort of nonsense is still going on.

Mike

Sponsored

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Well clearly there's a gross misunderstanding on their part.

In addition they haven't read the instructions for 21G01 that tells them how to do it and were published at the end of last month.

I had to school my service department cause they thought the same thing and kept telling me the "BlueCruise" update files weren't on the server for download. (Well I guess they aren't if you're only looking for something labelled "BlueCruise Update").

And it is *officially available* to everyone who purchased a 21 Job 1 Mach-E or F-150 with the Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 Prep Package.

That Early Access Program only applies to Over The Air updates, not to techs who are getting paid under program 21G01 to do it using FDRS at the dealerships.

Wow. Unbelievable this sort of nonsense is still going on.

Mike
Yea they seem clueless. Im just happy to be unstuck. When i spoke to them dropping my truck off their response to the Blue Cruise was… we dont have “Blues Cruise” yet. … as if this is what I was asking for ?
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS B5B86CAB-9C59-4FCB-A2BF-CF64DE69FF53

Thats fine, id rather do the updates myself. Its more fun that way.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Updated my Job 1 Platinum Powerboost with latest PCM and DSM updates. PCM reset the usual things (Myview) but also reset Eco Idle to off. And I noticed on my 25 minute test drive a few other differences...

Background... driven 25 minutes.. sat 30 minutes or so doing updates, shooting the breeze, driving in the parking lot demonstrating Tremor camera, etc. then starting out on a test drive...

First difference was that the ICE didn't shut off for the first 3+ miles. It even idled at stop lights. It was like the hybrid battery was totally discharged. Speculation - Ford changed some of the charge/discharge parameters. Or PCM had to relearn battery status. Or ? No way to really know with out some instrumentation.

Second difference was that under full throttle (from 45 mph in sport mode) I got a full 20 lbs boost but only for a couple of seconds. Boost dropped around shifts but then never climbed back to 20. Guessing maybe 18 lbs peak. I seem to remember holding 20 lbs longer in the past and boost climbing back to 20. But maybe it was just a senior moment :) Lower octane gas... whatever.

Finally, the last couple of miles to home is 30 mph surface streets. By the time I got on them the ICE was turning off at all the usual places... ICE even turned off at 60 as I was coasting down on the exit ramp.

Now if I could just get the kick switch on my running boards to work.. Otherwise the boards are working fine. The DSM update still didn't fix it.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
First difference was that the ICE didn't shut off for the first 3+ miles. It even idled at stop lights. It was like the hybrid battery was totally discharged. Speculation - Ford changed some of the charge/discharge parameters. Or PCM had to relearn battery status. Or ? No way to really know with out some instrumentation.
The first drive after a PCM update (twice so far), I've always had it do that. Not sure what the reasoning is, but it doesn't want to be a full hybrid until it has a drive in, then powers down and everything resets and then truck starts up again.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
I find the shifting to be even smoother after the PCM update, if that was even possible! So great to drive!

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Yea they seem clueless. Im just happy to be unstuck. When i spoke to them dropping my truck off their response to the Blue Cruise was… we dont have “Blues Cruise” yet. … as if this is what I was asking for ?
B5B86CAB-9C59-4FCB-A2BF-CF64DE69FF53.jpeg

Thats fine, id rather do the updates myself. Its more fun that way.
Blues Cruise requires the 666A Option and the pre-installed harmonica, saxophone, and upright piano. You’ll have to wait to have the ghost of John Lee Hooker installed in your passenger seat, as due to Covid-related supernatural supply chain issues ghosts are backed up at the factory in the 5th dimension.
Sponsored