• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Estimated range of a SR battery truck @ 65 or 60 MPH?

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So glad that you have done your homework on cold temperature effects on EVs.

Driving style has such a huge impact on range that most people don't realize that an EV is not an ICE.

I am a forum moderator / admin on a Honda EV/PHEV/FCV message site and every fall thru early spring, many start complaining about range so I am used to the "cycle" of: defects, warranties, dealer visits, and threats to sue the manufacturer.

I am very fortunate to live in a warm weather part of the country as @bryan995 pointed out that the lowest temps we get are low 60 degrees in the December/January with clear sunny skies.
I believe it. It never ceases to amaze me the lack of research or forethought people put into such large purchases.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I believe it. It never ceases to amaze me the lack of research or forethought people put into such large purchases.
Well said - there are lots of people who buy an EV and then realize it's not for them.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Well said - there are lots of people who buy an EV and then realize it's not for them.
We are about T-minus 2 months (or so) from when the cold weather range reduction posts will start coming in. I have considered putting together an FAQ to try to head some of them off, but I doubt it would make a dent.

When do you think we will see the first "Did Ford put an SR battery in my ER truck?" post? I am guessing early Nov.

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
A XLT SR just finished the 1000 mile arctic road rally between Fairbanks and the Arctic Ocean yesterday. It successfully completed the trip. Now, if we can just get the data from the driver.
Sponsored