• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ER getting SR range at 80%

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Recently I've switched my charging habits to charge fully, drive till I'm at 35 to 45% battery level, then Plug in and charge to 100%. This is about 4-5 days depending on what I'm doing normally.
I've done this the past two winters and it works out well. Once the weather in NH gets into the 60's at night, I'll likely lower my charge # to 85%, even though I do a 100+ miles per day 5 days a week.
Sponsored

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
Don't think I have seen this mentioned yet but make sure you don't have a trailer selected although I think the range would be lower if that were the case. Easiest thing to do is reset your driving history so the truck will start new with its guesses on range. NC is warming up so range should be increasing this month and next.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Got my 22 Lariat last summer. Temps were in the 80's. I verified my GOM said 100% was close to 300 miles. I daily home charge to 80% and I was getting 250 miles GOM estimates every morning. Noticed our daily 80% estimates dropped dramatically as the temps dropped. Like down to 320 miles when temps were in the low 40's.

I'm an experience EV owner and don't need to blast off at street lights anymore. I did wear out the first set of tires on our MS in 20 kmiles but that went away as I stoped stoplight blasts. Obviously hard acceleration will dramatically reduce GOM estimates. Something so many new ev truck just ignore until range anxiety hits them hard. And it will affect what you get on your daily charge unless you reset things as stated in earlier threads.

I do love this truck and agree this everything others have stated above. But Ford really doesn't understand the ev world yet. The GOM induces way more anxiety and fear than necessary. And completely worthless when towing. COMPLETELY worthless. Read they shouldn't have even tried. I don't rely on the GOM except to tell me general info. I pay attention to the % charge way more than anything else. I'm ok if f I drive 20 miles and my 80% drops to 75%. Concerned if it drops to say 70%. My 80% covers 100% of my daily driving needs in all conditions. If it doesn't obviously I need to slow down or maybe something is wrong with my truck.

Here's a part of my Lightning energy usage. You can see the actual energy consumption change dramatically as the temps dropped. I also track our Tesla for comparison.
Ford F-150 Lightning ER getting SR range at 80% 1710363391555-wo

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Hey, I have an SR and look at what I got! The GOM to the rescue!

Ford F-150 Lightning ER getting SR range at 80% IMG_20240211_120650

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Got my 22 Lariat last summer. Temps were in the 80's. I verified my GOM said 100% was close to 300 miles. I daily home charge to 80% and I was getting 250 miles GOM estimates every morning. Noticed our daily 80% estimates dropped dramatically as the temps dropped. Like down to 320 miles when temps were in the low 40's.

I'm an experience EV owner and don't need to blast off at street lights anymore. I did wear out the first set of tires on our MS in 20 kmiles but that went away as I stoped stoplight blasts. Obviously hard acceleration will dramatically reduce GOM estimates. Something so many new ev truck just ignore until range anxiety hits them hard. And it will affect what you get on your daily charge unless you reset things as stated in earlier threads.

I do love this truck and agree this everything others have stated above. But Ford really doesn't understand the ev world yet. The GOM induces way more anxiety and fear than necessary. And completely worthless when towing. COMPLETELY worthless. Read they shouldn't have even tried. I don't rely on the GOM except to tell me general info. I pay attention to the % charge way more than anything else. I'm ok if f I drive 20 miles and my 80% drops to 75%. Concerned if it drops to say 70%. My 80% covers 100% of my daily driving needs in all conditions. If it doesn't obviously I need to slow down or maybe something is wrong with my truck.

Here's a part of my Lightning energy usage. You can see the actual energy consumption change dramatically as the temps dropped. I also track our Tesla for comparison.
1710363391555-wo.png
Just as a heads up for your record keeping, our rates went up as of 3/1 to 0.0879. First increase since 2011 so we can’t complain too much. Across the river they are up 40% in the last 2-3 years.

• Wow
Reactions: cal

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Leaving work and [chuckled] when I saw this. Sitting on charger at work all day.
Ford F-150 Lightning ER getting SR range at 80% 1000004992

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Lol, yes it's been windy and just enough rain to not be useful. It's on my to-do list 😆

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Just as a heads up for your record keeping, our rates went up as of 3/1 to 0.0879. First increase since 2011 so we can’t complain too much. Across the river they are up 40% in the last 2-3 years.
Thanks I'll have to change my spreadsheet!

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
Get a OBD adapter and the you can see the raw data

I charge to 90% daily, every day when the SOC is shown 90%, the true soc and energy left value is different, vary from 113kwh to 119kwh (1C, or 34F) temperature

Pre heat also can increase the capacity a bit as well, changing thr GOM meter value
Sponsored