• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I wonder what the price will be. With the magic dock through the Tesla app you have the option to buy a membership for a lower rate (0.36/kWh I think). I doubt if we'll have access to a similar rate if using FordPass...
Tesla does not have fixed pricing.

Edit - a Tesla SuperCharger opened nearby. Here's the non-Telsa pricing. 5 different time periods...

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Confirms: Owners Won't Need Tesla App to Supercharge 1707235926405-
Sponsored

Last edited:

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I hope Ford is able to incorporate membership pricing. But at this point, if it delays the rollout just do it without and eventually add it into Fordpass.
I would assume it’s possible but considering they can’t get it right with EA…. I wouldn’t hold your breath. Although I trust Teslas software capabilities much more than EA.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Question: Does anyone know (or think) if we will be able to use our "Charging Bundle Balance" in the FordPass App on the Tesla network? In the app it says, "Charging Bundle Balance - Powered by Electrify America." I've got 421 unsued kWh because I can NEVER find a working EA station around Boston. All the EA stations I've gone to around Boston are used by local workers (or shoppers) as "parking spaces". They connect their EV, Connect it, walk away, and then return to the EV only hours later. I'd love to use the balance on a Tesla charger.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Question: Does anyone know (or think) if we will be able to use our "Charging Bundle Balance" in the FordPass App on the Tesla network?
NO, that is strictly an EA perk, that's why I would visit the Wrentham Mall after 9pm when they were shutting down.........

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat

Sponsored

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
After having used a Magic Dock at a Tesla station through the Tesla app, I’ll be happy to keep using their app. It was really easy and worked well.

If the adapters are actually ready, just ship ‘em out and let us use the Tesla app to activate while Fordpass works out the bugs lol
I totally agree with this!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
So Ford is marking up the cost of the electricity I presume?
(after Tesla)
Ford or the BlueOvalNetwork activations have nothing to do with station pricing, that cost/fee is totally up to the station owner.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I would love for someone to show proof that the BlueOval network is charging even a penny more for charging than any one of the charging networks it has, excluding membership rates. Just one penny please...

rajurrk

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
DBA

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
Tesla does not have fixed pricing.

Edit - a Tesla SuperCharger opened nearby. Here's the non-Telsa pricing. 5 different time periods...

1707235926405-png.png
I haven't used any public charging outside of the free kW we were given so the idle fees seem extremely high to me. I totally get the need for them but is $1/min common?

teaguem32

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ER LARIAT SQM
I wonder what the price will be. With the magic dock through the Tesla app you have the option to buy a membership for a lower rate (0.36/kWh I think). I doubt if we'll have access to a similar rate if using FordPass...
I'm sure just like EA. Just the convenience of plug and charge. No app needed, eventually.
Sponsored