• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got a Lemon.... Make Lemonade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
Wow 8 weeks. I would be on the phone with them every day maybe 2x a day. This is going to be resolved shortly. Im not waiting and you really helped me decide not to consider a raptor. Time to move on.
If they are waiting for parts, you will wait as long as that takes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I have to wait for it to be fixed for a buyback? Not in NC - 20 days in the shop is a lemon.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Regardless of frustrations, This is a public forum..... keep it decent !!

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
When it rains, it pours. Dealer called and let me know the part is finally here, and I got my buyback offer in writing.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Take it and run! I really love my truck but go elsewhere.

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Are these problems common? Or is it because it's the forums. All these posts about cars having serious issues is concerning. I wonder what the rate is? I just picked mine up and love it, but if it was broken for weeks I'm sure my tune would absolutely change.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I still love my truck! I wish I could get it back and it would be reliable. I would take a reliable one. Sure I can understand some growing pains but the car is broken 2 times in less than 30 days leaving me stranded. Its a nearly 6 figure vehicle and the service people just don't know enough about these trucks to be effective.

The service manager called to tell me the FSE (field service engineer and his cohorts) all said they need to test some module when it happens. Bad news is that they can't get the truck to act up now. I mean talk about bad luck.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I still love my truck! I wish I could get it back and it would be reliable. I would take a reliable one. Sure I can understand some growing pains but the car is broken 2 times in less than 30 days leaving me stranded. Its a nearly 6 figure vehicle and the service people just don't know enough about these trucks to be effective.

The service manager called to tell me the FSE (field service engineer and his cohorts) all said they need to test some module when it happens. Bad news is that they can't get the truck to act up now. I mean talk about bad luck.
I see you are in NC. Curious which dealer has your truck for future reference.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Crossroads Ford has my truck now. They have multiple locations throughout the east coast it seems.

The service manager called yesterday to say the truck isn't acting up and they don't know what's wrong with it. Ford is FINALLY sending an FSE to come work on the truck with a super secret tool that the dealerships don't have access to (I suspect its a laptop). They also have NO idea when he is coming. Sounds like he is from the south so today is Friday and I guess he isn't coming today to be here during the weekend. Who knows anymore?

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
the service manager called me. the FSE from Ford will be there Wednesday. He said he started and moved my truck without incident today. I clarified: 1. My truck kinda runs, but they have no idea what is going on and 2. No one will work on it until Wednesday with the FSE shows up. The clock is ticking. I told my wife I was really disappointed I traded in my 5-year-old Raptor with 10k miles on it. It was really setup JUST right. I didn't think I would miss it until this truck crapped out 2 times now in less than a month. Today is 2 weeks the dealership has had my truck.

Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Crossroads Ford has my truck now. They have multiple locations throughout the east coast it seems.

The service manager called yesterday to say the truck isn't acting up and they don't know what's wrong with it. Ford is FINALLY sending an FSE to come work on the truck with a super secret tool that the dealerships don't have access to (I suspect its a laptop). They also have NO idea when he is coming. Sounds like he is from the south so today is Friday and I guess he isn't coming today to be here during the weekend. Who knows anymore?
I suspected it was Crossroads. Not confirmed but my salesman at Capital told me that Crossroads was not signed up to be an EV dealer under the new Ford dealership model. It seems odd for a dealership that big but it could explain their lack of interest in fixing your truck.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
So let me tell you: I called Rock Hill Ford because when the dude who works on electric cars wasn't there the Monday after my truck got towed in I was furious and going to move to another dealer. The lady called me back a day later and told me most smaller dealerships have one guy who is an engine guy, a transmission guy, and an electric cars guy and that's how they are also set up (like crossroads). She told me to call Mark Ficken who she said is much larger. I called that dealership and asked for the service manager. I got her voicemail and left a message to please call me back as I had a Ford Lightning and had some questions about their service department. Well, maybe she called you - because she never called me. Tuesday will be two weeks; so that is jumping out of the pan into the fire. Crossroads has called me daily to give me updates and keep me in the loop. Are they "THE BEST" who knows? I wish my truck was fixed, but they're making up for lost time by delivering me my truck, and the loaner, and calling me. In that regard I am happy. It's not that fault my truck is a POS lemon.

ALso I don't believe your guy since they sold me the car in September and the Service Manager told me they just sold another one last week - if they weren't part of the EV program they wouldn't be getting allocations.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Are these problems common? Or is it because it's the forums. All these posts about cars having serious issues is concerning. I wonder what the rate is? I just picked mine up and love it, but if it was broken for weeks I'm sure my tune would absolutely change.
It's the forum. When something goes bad, people find a place to get help. People don't post "still no problems with my truck". There are over 20,000+ Lightning owners. You can tell when problems are common as you will see multiple threads asking the same thing...like "why did my FordPass stop responding".

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
It's the forum. When something goes bad, people find a place to get help. People don't post "still no problems with my truck". There are over 20,000+ Lightning owners. You can tell when problems are common as you will see multiple threads asking the same thing...like "why did my FordPass stop responding".
Speaking of which for the 5 months I've had my truck I've never once been notified when it is on the career. I checked and I have the settings and notifications set properly. Oh well I care more about being able to drive first ;)

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Where you getting the 20k+ number? That is higher than any data I’ve seen
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.