• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning cupholder discs - for ambient lights

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Well - this may not be as exciting since initial reports that the ambient lights may not be present in our cupholders, but there are links to other threads that I hope will help us retrofit them in if they are not there.

Just in case the lights are there or I can get them retrofitted, I've already bought my inserts for them. These are pretty slick - came from Etsy. I don't have a truck or lighted cup holders yet, so I don't have pictures of these lit up, but posting pictures of what I've had made, you can look at his web site to see what others look with the light around them.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThryveByDesign?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1114732367

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning cupholder discs - for ambient lights IMG_1226
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning cupholder discs - for ambient lights IMG_1229
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning cupholder discs - for ambient lights IMG_1230
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning cupholder discs - for ambient lights IMG_1231

Edit - update on Aug 28 after getting my cup holder updated finally:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning cupholder discs - for ambient lights IMG_2115

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning cupholder discs - for ambient lights IMG_2117
Sponsored

Last edited:

tx_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 2022 Lightning XLT XR
I like the Lightning spelled out. I've been looking at this, but I'll wait for others to give detail of what it'll take on the L to get the lights working

Reactions: GDN

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
There are no lights in the cupholders like on the Raptors. At least, my Lariat does NOT have lights in the cupholders

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I like the Lightning spelled out. I've been looking at this, but I'll wait for others to give detail of what it'll take on the L to get the lights working
Shouldn't be any harder than it is on the ICE. I should have my truck this Friday. it may take me a week before I'm brave enough to pull it apart, but I do want to get these added. Just first need to see exactly what I have and what will be needed.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
You have to retrofit the 2021 cupholder to get them.
This is a Lightning forum.... there are no 2021.

Is this forum merged with another where people are seeing duplicate topics on non-lightning pages??

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

Is this forum merged with another where people are seeing duplicate topics on non-lightning pages??
Yes and well known if you've followed this forum very long or even searched it. Your join date also reflects the date to have shown you joined before this forum split from the F150 ICE.

Seems you have more concern to hawk your wares than truly participate.

The 2021 ICE cupholders fit the 2022 ICE cupholders and very likely will fit the 2022 Lightning. Several of us already ordered and own them, waiting on the trucks to arrive.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes and well known if you've followed this forum very long or even searched it. Your join date also reflects the date to have shown you joined before this forum split from the F150 ICE.

Seems you have more concern to hawk your wares than truly participate.

The 2021 ICE cupholders fit the 2022 ICE cupholders and very likely will fit the 2022 Lightning. Several of us already ordered and own them, waiting on the trucks to arrive.

"Hawk my wares" excuse me? I'm a paying vendor here. I pay for the right to advertise. I own a Lightning also and pointed out, since you were not sure in your original post, that the Lightning does not have ambient lightning in the cup-holder. Therefore these will not work on a Ford Lightning.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
"Hawk my wares" excuse me? I'm a paying vendor here. I pay for the right to advertise. I own a Lightning also and pointed out, since you were not sure in your original post, that the Lightning does not have ambient lightning in the cup-holder. Therefore these will not work on a Ford Lightning.
I'm not sure as a vendor then since you joined before the split you didn't recall that split and why you want to be adamant a 2021 won't fit a 2022 just yet, since it does perfectly in the ICE.

You say they don't because you'll soon have a product that I'm sure you'll want to sell. We'll determine for sure when a few get the truck, pull it apart and then have our other buddy here make and sell us a harness to retrofit a 2021 cupholder.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm not sure as a vendor then since you joined before the split you didn't recall that split and why you want to be adamant a 2021 won't fit a 2022 just yet, since it does perfectly in the ICE.

You say they don't because you'll soon have a product that I'm sure you'll want to sell. We'll determine for sure when a few get the truck, pull it apart and then have our other buddy here make and sell us a harness to retrofit a 2021 cupholder.
We don't have anything to do with cupholders... so not sure why you'd think that.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Yes. This is a Lightning forum. And the Lightning is an F150. Which has a 2021 model, that coincidently has LED's in the cupholders.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
@GDN, I think there was some honest confusion on @4x4TruckLEDs.com’s part and don’t believe his response warranted that response. As far as I can tell, he’s a far more active participant than most vendors, who would be under no obligation to participate other than to advertise their goods.

Maybe we can discuss what is required to perform this retrofit instead?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Could we CHILL in this thread, 4x4 is a paying vendor status which I respect that position and GDN is an enthusiastic member with a great idea, let's not spoil the fun for what it is.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes. This is a Lightning forum. And the Lightning is an F150. Which has a 2021 model, that coincidently has LED's in the cupholders.
There is no 2021 Lightning. This product is being advertised in a Ford Lightning forum, even has the subject "lightning" in it. The OP isn't aware if the lightning has ambient lighting in the cupholders. I've confirmed the lightning DOES NOT have ambient lightning in the cupholders. So these will not work on a lightning. I mean, they'll work as a cupholder but won't light up on a Ford Lightning.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Could we CHILL in this thread, 4x4 is a paying vendor status which I respect that position and GDN is an enthusiastic member with a great idea, let's not spoil the fun for what it is.
He may be a paying vendor but he is very rude.
Sponsored