• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
taken from a news report online.

Current retail order holders awaiting delivery are unaffected by this adjustment. Current commercial and government customers with a scheduled order are also unaffected by this adjustment."

So current order holders who are scheduled but not yet awaiting delivery are affected by the price increase?
To me, as long as you've ORDERED, it should be locked in, regardless of whether or not the truck is scheduled.

But, it would be nice to get an official statement from Ford.
Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
To me, as long as you've ORDERED, it should be locked in, regardless of whether or not the truck is scheduled.

But, it would be nice to get an official statement from Ford.
I think you’re in limbo until you have a window sticker.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Looks like the Lariat ER price is the same as it was when I ordered. Finding out I can't qualify for the tax credit is a real kick in the nads. I hope they will refund my order deposit. Mine is now scheduled for production on 10/24

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Looks like the Lariat ER price is the same as it was when I ordered. Finding out I can't qualify for the tax credit is a real kick in the nads. I hope they will refund my order deposit. Mine is now scheduled for production on 10/24

why would you be out the rebate the 80K don't start till 2023

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
why would you be out the rebate the 80K don't start till 2023
Good point.

I was talking about the household income cap, not necessarily the 80k cap. but now that you mention it I can't find the income cap for the old credit, so maybe there isn't one. I'll keep digging.

To qualify for the old credit, you have to order and take possession of the vehicle before January 1st. That seems like it could still be doable, but if my bronco experience is any guide, this will be very very close for me. I highly doubt it will go into production on its estimated date. Probably more like mid November. And it was about 6 weeks between my bronco being finished and me taking delivery.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I recieved the special offer...no changes to my price:

Screenshot_20221005_174912_Chrome.jpg
Just got off the phone with Ford. She told me that the private offer we have currently has a zero value and it is done that way so that when truck arrives it will be adjusted to reflect any and all price increases that occurred. Assuming this is last MSRP increase before we take delivery our private offer will be $12000.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
The additional $5000 increase only applies the PRO model.

pseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hopeful lightning
Ford has recognized the higher-than-anticipated appeal of the PRO and increased the pricing accordingly. Any theories as to whether or not this means that Ford might also decide that selling a PRO ER makes sense too?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'm very close to just selling my reservation, I can't justify the truck if they raise it much more. Between this and removing features....I'm quite nervous to see what I'm offered when it comes my time next summer.
You can't sell it. Reservation, order, and buyer name must match.

HJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, F150 Lightning, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Good point.

I was talking about the household income cap, not necessarily the 80k cap. but now that you mention it I can't find the income cap for the old credit, so maybe there isn't one. I'll keep digging.

To qualify for the old credit, you have to order and take possession of the vehicle before January 1st. That seems like it could still be doable, but if my bronco experience is any guide, this will be very very close for me. I highly doubt it will go into production on its estimated date. Probably more like mid November. And it was about 6 weeks between my bronco being finished and me taking delivery.
Only the built in North America limitation is active at this time (i.e., neither price nor income caps are in place at this time). As you noted you will likely be close to getting it delivered. But mine was built in the week it was scheduled for (with no delays) and shipping time was about 4 weeks (I expect highly dependent on location. My only hold up in shipping was a week sitting at the railyard 30 miles from the dealer (and to point out that Fords updates for shipping are somewhere between limited to way delayed to outright wrong in location).

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Ford has recognized the higher-than-anticipated appeal of the PRO and increased the pricing accordingly. Any theories as to whether or not this means that Ford might also decide that selling a PRO ER makes sense too?
Is the demand for a $40k Pro at time of reservation the same as for a $52k Pro in the current market? Time will tell.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
You can't sell it. Reservation, order, and buyer name must match.
Where there's a will, there's a way. :) Given the demand is still high enough, I could arrange an agreement whereby I purchase it and then sell it to the dealer for a meager profit. If it's over the cap for rebates then nothing lost, nothing gained there. I could also arrange to order, back out, and get a "generous offer" to sell them a used car in future. I can probably come up with more situations that skirt the rules. People are creative when it comes to making money.

Honestly, I'm hoping I don't have to go that route as I'd really like to own the Lightning. There's a lot of time between now and when I get an invite so I'm just watching and planning as best I can. No other vehicle offers anything like the V2H and ProPower which is really what has me hooked. If Ford takes too long and a competitor shows up with a similar feature...(Looking at you Ram)

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am pretty sure Ford was going to make Pro fleet only, then they wanted the good press of making a $40k truck for everyone. The Pro pricing change is essentially moving everyone into the XLT price point, which is where Ford wanted everyone all along.

The XLT SR price is nearly level with where it was in MY22. Sure there's a $6k increase, but that comes with added heated seats (including energy savings for life of the truck) and is after a year of 8% inflation. Plus XLT SR will continue to be eligible for the tax incentive, unlike the higher trims which have a $7,500 increase due to tax changes.

I was originally going to go XLT ER, but with the crazy pricing I wanted to get a Pro. Since Pro sold out in wave 1 last year, I got pushed into XLT SR. At first I was a bit bummed with moving to XLT. Now that I've owned the truck a while, I'm very happy with what I got at that price. Since XLT SR is a near push with last year, I think MY23 buyers will like it too.

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
My guess is Ford is changing their strategy on the Pro.

Due to its popularity they are pricing it in a way that brings enough profit for them to make as many as people want to order.

In reality, $52k is probably an appropriate MSRP for the Pro. It also makes the price gap between the XLT and Pro much more reasonable for what customers get.
No i disagree. It was an open secret that Ford is loosing money on Lightning Pro. Ford is smart... this was there strategy all along. Price it low to start and raise prices afterwards. They are sticking to their plans.

Rest of us... we are just finding out about it now.

Reactions: rxn

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek