• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
For those saying they do not have the heated steering wheel feature showing, it is there…just hidden. Once you press the fan symbol and the climate control comes on, you will be able to see the wheel and seat functions.
Hi - unfortunately it does not for me, I see everything else but that button - it may be a quirk with those of us that had the heated wheel activated later due to chip shortage but that’s just my guess.
Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Yes that would be what I thought it would do, but it does nothing in reality on Android. Vehicle will charge right past slider set point. Press start amd it says charging to 100, hit slider to 85 and vehicle goes past everytime.
Does nothing.
Yes, the "Start" button there is the old "Charge to 100%" button, just moved. It overrides the schedule and charge limit.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Yes, the "Start" button there is the old "Charge to 100%" button, just moved. It overrides the schedule and charge limit.
Yes correct. The issue is the non functional slider, that the Start/Stop button will only do %100....

Sedawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
@Ford Motor Company. Please let me select 75% as a charge target. You have a slider that stops at 50% making half of the control useless. Simply set 50% as the base of the slider and then have 5% increments all the way to 100%.

Thank-you

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Remote starting for 15 minutes before driving has to be better for the battery than just jumping in and going though, right? I guess what I am wanting is a "start a departure time for right now". I understand that it is somewhat silly, and I would end up waiting some unknown amount of time but I would eventually figure out that ballpark. I really dislike having to repeat the time on something because I don't want it to repeat, but it won't seem to work without selecting the repeat time.
Over the past couple of years several members have pointed out the desire for a one click battery conditioning function, Ford hasn't brought that to us yet, in the meantime, Jim Farley pointed out that scheduling a departure time a few hours prior to variable leave times still has value (cold conditions) with a last minute cabin warming routine is the best we can do with what we have for the moment

In my personal operation, I plan well and prepare in advance, outside that M/O we have to invest clicks & interactions anyway, so what's a couple more to tweak the DT start time and switch it from disabled to active?

Last edited:

Sponsored

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
The design/layout is very much improved and is a good start, but the removed features should be added back.

1. The charge status in the upper right should have a button for charge to 100%.
2. Controls should be expanded to include ability to turn on, view and control PPOB, put zone lighting back
3. You don’t need two buttons for lock and unlock. You need to show the current state of lock and toggle between them. Has my truck been unlocked for the last two hours? It’d be nice to know.
4. Climate/Dog screen when you use remote climate. Current cabin temperature in the app. Is it 140 degrees or 70?
5. Why is there a 2 time limit on turning on or off climate?

No, it’s not unreasonable to ask for these things. Nor should it be a subscription. There is not an individual app for each car, this is a fleet app.

These are not big asks, a big ask is dashcam, sentry, and remote cabin view when dog mode is enabled.

Apple does not charge for software updates, neither does Tesla. I guess the issue is that those two have a somewhat limited number of variations on their product whereas Ford has a million. Writing for 20 variations lets you fully use their functionality and stay updated vs 500 variations which forces you to write to the simplest common options vs the most feature rich. Maybe Zone Lighting and PPOB isn’t coming back.

Edit: I had not seen that when you are charging and you click on charging there is now a slider to move to what % you want. Nice.

Last edited:

Sedawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
@Ford Motor Company

Also show the status of basic items. Are the doors locked? Don't know. Are the windows open? Don't know. Is the tailgate down? Don't know. Is the frunk open? Don't know.
This would be nice. I understand that this info can’t be streamed to the App all the time but have a button that says “Status Update”. It will ping the truck and get the current status of the doors, windows, frunk and tailgate.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Mine is set to 90%, but my home charger charged to 100%. Any suggestions?
My previously built charging scheme is working fine after the app update.

Maybe try deleting your scheme and rebuild it, ideally do this in the truck.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
My previously built charging scheme is working fine after the app update.

Maybe try deleting your scheme and rebuild it, ideally do this in the truck.
Thanks for the tip. You are a great moderator and contributor!

I checked the truck. Both home and work are set to 90%. I was pretty "amped" when I saw I had 315 miles of range, and I went down to only 313 after driving 20 miles locally running errands.

When I got home, I plugged it in, and the charger did not activate, so maybe all is well.

My phone as a key is FUBAR'd. I guess I have to do a full reset?

Sponsored

flux capacitor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
I am sorry but the added was really a reduction of info we had before and what was added should have just been added to the information we already had.

Cannot see what my tire pressure is. I have to go to the truck and turn it on. :(

The actual mileage that was on the vehicle info has been removed. I use this to populate my spreadsheet keeping track of all my charges. Unfortunately your algorithms that calculate miles added are way off compared to the actual miles driven. I use the actual miles driven and the actual kwh charged to determine my cost savings and my equivalent mpge. Without the actual mileage the result are far from accurate. Now I have to go to the truck to get the mileage. So easy before to just wake up to a charged truck get the kwh and actual mileage I traveled and document before driving. :( I have found that using the actual info I am getting really good mpge of 71 to 83 and my cost to drive this truck is lower then driving my toyota minivan.

I do not know what else you have removed, but to me the added features does not out way what I have lost. Please add at least the two items or let me go back to the previous version.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
5.0 Useless!!! :thumbsdown:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My phone as a key is FUBAR'd. I guess I have to do a full reset?
Possibly this is the best route, though make sure all the permissions in the app info screen are properly set before redoing the current configuration.

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning Lariat (In fords holding lot:)
With trip planner gone hopefully they will integrate more with Google maps, it's far superior, I wish they would put the target distance under the range with Google maps like they do with the internal, it is the only thing superior in my opinion to the internal nav
Sponsored