• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No Preconditioning for over a week

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ok - starting to hit my wits end on this. My truck as just stopped preconditioning. No alerts in Fordpass, and nothing happens at the scheduled time. It doesn't matter if I am plugged in to L2, or unplugged. I have tried deleting and resetting the schedule in the truck. Toggling it on and off. I tried doing the same in the Fordpass app. Nothing seems to make it work.

I did a Sync reset this morning (vol - and skip) but have low hopes that will work. The schedule still showed up afterwards and looked the same.

Any other thoughts on things to try? Thankfully it hasn't gotten that cold yet, but I have some longer trips planned in January, and I would much prefer a preconditioned battery (and a warm truck when I leave work).
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Pretty amazing how the same technology works fine in Mach-Es.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Pretty amazing how the same technology works fine in Mach-Es.
Agreed - Fordpass happily tells me every day how my wife's car's cabin temp is ready...

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I gave up on preconditioning. I just remote start with it plugged in.

Until Ford sets up some procedure to inform them of software bugs, I don't see how some of these problems gets resolved. Taking it to the dealer for things like this is a waste of time.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I preconditioned this morning, and it worked just fine, being toasty warm when I hopped in. Interestingly, I had only set the 'preconditioning' time several minutes before I wanted it to start - so I set up today for a 6:45 time, which was about 6:30 at that moment. The system apparently works for some of us, and not for others, strange...

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I gave up on preconditioning. I just remote start with it plugged in.

Until Ford sets up some procedure to inform them of software bugs, I don't see how some of these problems gets resolved. Taking it to the dealer for things like this is a waste of time.
One of Ford's biggest issues with this switch to EVs is the communication channel. Clearly their Legal Department has dramatically restricted their ability to acknowledge bugs/issues/fixes because of our litigious society.

Even when an issue is known, they communicate to dealers, not consumers. If one didn't frequent a forum dedicated to the vehicle, and have forum members with access to those communications, there would be a lot we had no clue about. I can tell you early in our 2021 ownership, I knew more about the Mach-E's issues than did my dealership due to the centralization of issues.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I preconditioned this morning, and it worked just fine, being toasty warm when I hopped in. Interestingly, I had only set the 'preconditioning' time several minutes before I wanted it to start - so I set up today for a 6:45 time, which was about 6:30 at that moment. The system apparently works for some of us, and not for others, strange...
You have a PRO, correct? Those of us with heated steering wheels loose that function while using preconditioning. That's why I stopped using it.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You have a PRO, correct? Those of us with heated steering wheels loose that function while using preconditioning. That's why I stopped using it.
Yeah, but just remote starting doesn't warm the battery. For day to day use that doesn't really matter, but it can be worth a good chunk of range if you are going on a longer trip. As of now, I have a ~1,000 mile trip planned in early January and I would love to precondition before I leave.

I also don't have the options to remote start at work (no phone allowed), so it is pre-conditioning or a cold truck. Not the end of the world, but a warm truck is nice :)

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
How convenient that preconditioning fails a week after Ford issues their "Maximize Range in Cold Weather" marketing fluff. Maybe a little bad PR will actually get them to fix some of these longstanding issues.

Lack of preconditioning is really going to hurt here in NE.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So, my 4:10 scheduled precondition worked this afternoon! Maybe a fluke, or maybe the sync reset actually did something. Wish me luck tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Welp, no preconditioning again this morning 🤬. What deity do I need to appease to make this software work!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Ok - starting to hit my wits end on this. My truck as just stopped preconditioning. No alerts in Fordpass, and nothing happens at the scheduled time. It doesn't matter if I am plugged in to L2, or unplugged. I have tried deleting and resetting the schedule in the truck. Toggling it on and off. I tried doing the same in the Fordpass app. Nothing seems to make it work.

I did a Sync reset this morning (vol - and skip) but have low hopes that will work. The schedule still showed up afterwards and looked the same.

Any other thoughts on things to try? Thankfully it hasn't gotten that cold yet, but I have some longer trips planned in January, and I would much prefer a preconditioned battery (and a warm truck when I leave work).
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Welp, preconditioning didn't work again this afternoon. Plugged in.

I am at less than 10% success rate at this point.
Sponsored