• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Over the Air Uploads

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Do we or must we set the emergency brakes and manually shut off the auto lights to off in order to receive an OTA power update? My Lightning is a 2023 and have not received any updates since July 23. Called Ford and they passed it to the dealership, told me to tell them that I have a sync problem and to fix it and to also have them force all of the missing updates (6.1.0, 6.2.1, 6.4.0, 6.8.0, etc). I just want the Apple Car Play to show me the EV stations along the route
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've had updates post without proactively setting the parking brake or manually switching the headlights from {Auto to Off}, I think their concern is that you don't have them in {Manual ON}

OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
I just have not received any updates and I meet all of their parameters as well as a pre set time to download from the house WiFi……Nothing

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
There two OTA issues that people keep confusing:

1. Truck does not get OTA’s sent to it. This is your issue. Parking brake, lights, door locks, 12v charge level, etc won’t help this issue. Ford is simply not sending you the OTA update. No one has figured out Ford’s OTA strategy but it does seem that 2023 models are much less likely at the moment to get them. You might also have a modem issue.

2. Truck gets OTA notification and downloads it (it will tell you) but won’t install, usually due to 12V battery SOC. Doesn’t sound like this is your issue.

FYI, I have gotten just about every update and never needed to set the parking brake or turn off lights to get it to install. Again, this isn’t why you aren’t being sent the update initially though.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Does your fordpass work and connect to the truck?

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
@rugedraw may be willing to check the status of your VINs outstanding OTA. He can also get an idea of why they are not landing.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
For the most part I've never done any of those items. I sometimes lock the truck in the garage, but I never set the parking brake nor do I turn the lights to off.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw may be willing to check the status of your VINs outstanding OTA. He can also get an idea of why they are not landing.
Not really. Only Ford engineers know when OTA's will be released to batches of vehicles. A reliable source here mentioned not long ago that 2023 Lightnings are currently not on the OTA roll-out schedule. Maybe they are trying to catch up older model years? I made a write-up of the OTA process here. Long read, but maybe this will help the OP get a better understanding of the OTA process.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...p-by-step-breakdown-of-the-ota-process.20875/

OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Thank you, Rug, may try it tonight

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Do we or must we set the emergency brakes and manually shut off the auto lights to off in order to receive an OTA power update? My Lightning is a 2023 and have not received any updates since July 23. Called Ford and they passed it to the dealership, told me to tell them that I have a sync problem and to fix it and to also have them force all of the missing updates (6.1.0, 6.2.1, 6.4.0, 6.8.0, etc). I just want the Apple Car Play to show me the EV stations along the route
If it makes you feel any better, it’s not all that it’s cracked up to be.

It’s nice knowing your estimated % remaining, but it doesn’t do a great job of rerouting if you have excess.

I know the 2023s are on a bit of a hold, but I also found I get the latest updates when I’m driving the truck a lot. If I do short trips (20mi ea way) even if they’re daily I won’t get updates as frequently.

There was a 30 day stretch where I stayed relatively local and nothing as I watched the forums. Then I went on a 1200 mile round trip drive and got 3 updates in a row…

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
A reliable source here mentioned not long ago that 2023 Lightnings are currently not on the OTA roll-out schedule.
My truck is a 2023 Lariat ER. Build started 2/23, finished 4/23. I've gotten updates up through Power Up 6.8, several in December. No 6.13 yet (holiday pause?). Since I have a HIS unit, I've wondered if that promoted me a bit on the update schedule for giving Ford a chance to see whether updates break (or improve) HIS unit communication, etc.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
My truck is a 2023 Lariat ER. Build started 2/23, finished 4/23. I've gotten updates up through Power Up 6.8, several in December. No 6.13 yet (holiday pause?).
Possible, although I did check a Lightning recently that got 6.13.0 on 12/20. I don't remember the year of it. Nobody knows what is going on inside the engineering room of the mothership. We are dependent on tid-bits of info dropped by a few people looking from the inside out that share with us what they can; when they can.

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro ER

I called the Ford BEV team a few months ago to make sure my Pro ER was no longer flagged as a fleet vehicle. The person I spoke to checked and confirmed it wasn’t. While talking with her I asked about OTAs as I hadn’t received any yet (and still haven’t. Bought my truck in Sept). Anyway, I was told these are the requirements for your truck to receive an OTA:

- Parked. Parking brake has to be set.
- OTAs can’t be scheduled for midnight.
- ignition is off.
- all doors closed.
- can’t be charging.
- headlights off.

*Only repeating what I was told. If this seems wrong don’t come after me.* 🙃

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

I called the Ford BEV team a few months ago to make sure my Pro ER was no longer flagged as a fleet vehicle. The person I spoke to checked and confirmed it wasn’t. While talking with her I asked about OTAs as I hadn’t received any yet (and still haven’t. Bought my truck in Sept). Anyway, I was told these are the requirements for your truck to receive an OTA:

- Parked. Parking brake has to be set.
- OTAs can’t be scheduled for midnight.
- ignition is off.
- all doors closed.
- can’t be charging.
- headlights off.

*Only repeating what I was told. If this seems wrong don’t come after me.* 🙃
She forgot the secret handshake :geek: [Legit data-comm term]

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
She forgot the secret handshake :geek: [Legit data-comm term]
I am one of the July 2023 deliveries (2023 Lariat ER) that has not yet received any OTA update. The dealer states that my "batch" of trucks has not come up yet, which probably means that Ford isn't ready to tech it the "secret handshake"! 🤪 Managing all these vehicles with varying software revisions must be a nightmare.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.