• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
yea its enabled. i dont think im force quitting the ap

Sometimes it takes a few days to release these. ford doesn’t want someone just setting up access to a truck without proof they bought it. I think my paak showed up 2 or 3 days after I bought it if I remember correctly.
You also have to go into the settings in the truck and select a “key” as your iPhone and that will turn your phone into the paak as well.
My blue cruise wasnt available for about 4 days or so Then all the sudden everything was released

maybe some in here had instant access to paak but mine did take a day or two if I remember correctly.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
On an iPhone, background refresh doesn't have anything to do with truck or bluetooth connectivity. Background refresh means a new version of the app will install when it is available automatically.
That’s something different, new version updating is an App Store setting to automatically download updates.

Background App Refresh controls some aspects of whether an app is allowed to periodically perform some work, either triggered by timers, location changes, or Bluetooth connectivity.

Turning it off can cause your app to not be awakened as quickly by presence of the paired Bluetooth accessory BUT Apple does have a bunch of hidden exceptions and workarounds for apps they know need to be in the background.

You shouldn’t need it but it can cause a few seconds of delay when turned off.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
That’s something different, new version updating is an App Store setting to automatically download updates.

Background App Refresh controls some aspects of whether an app is allowed to periodically perform some work, either triggered by timers, location changes, or Bluetooth connectivity.

Turning it off can cause your app to not be awakened as quickly by presence of the paired Bluetooth accessory BUT Apple does have a bunch of hidden exceptions and workarounds for apps they know need to be in the background.

You shouldn’t need it but it can cause a few seconds of delay when turned off.
Thank you - I truly did confuse the two. I just deleted my post so it wouldn't be further confusing.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Thank you - I truly did confuse the two.
It’s all good, it’s pretty confusing. Apple originally said it’s for things like third party news / weather apps to periodically fetch so that when you open them they have slightly less stale data…. But in past years they started overloading this to involve Bluetooth and location based background tasks too. And then app developers started using this as a way to magically kick their apps alive!

stealthzr1

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning, 2021 gt500
It must of been something like this. I got in the truck today and it worked as it should. It let me start the truck and now the truck lights up like it should when you get close. Amazing feature.

Last edited:

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E premium, Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Arborist
I have a may build and still don’t have PAAK. I wonder if I need to go to the dealer to have them push it to the truck? @Ford Motor Company

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I have a may build and still don’t have PAAK. I wonder if I need to go to the dealer to have them push it to the truck? @Ford Motor Company
I think you might have to, I’m coming up in 20k and will most likely go into service to at least have them quickly check over everything and possible update all my crap. I guess my OTA update calendar was wrong lol

Sponsored

Bobcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
So I have an April 22 build (the truck was a mannequin that I bought last month) and the backup passcode is grayed out and phone as a key reset fails. I’m on 3.5.5 which I received OTA along with the DTE update since I got the truck. I’ve made 3, hour plus phone calls with Ford Pass and took it in to the dealer who reprogrammed the module all of which affected no change. My suspicion is that the priority update was pushed while it was sitting on the showroom floor and never installed so it timed out, but nobody on the Ford Pass or dealer side has a clue about this stuff so even when I lay this all out for them I may as well be speaking Greek. The dealer is allegedly reaching out to Ford for a fix, but I’m not holding my breath. Any ideas or is there anyone out there with an early build who has not had PAAK pushed to them yet?

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
No PAAK for us XLTrs right? Just y’all high dollar boys?

cc_lightning

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Brought a mannequin in Jan. Still do not have PAAK yet. Called ford several times to clear up issue with a stuck update and it was supposed to escalate to level 2 support. Still waiting for my call back. Also took it to the dealer, but dealer said they would charge to install any non recall updates.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Brought a mannequin in Jan. Still do not have PAAK yet. Called ford several times to clear up issue with a stuck update and it was supposed to escalate to level 2 support. Still waiting for my call back. Also took it to the dealer, but dealer said they would charge to install any non recall updates.
I have a dealer visit scheduled for this reason. I'd think it would be warranty work. If your vehicle was missing a cupholder from the factory they wouldn't charge you to install the cupholder. That should be a fun argument.🙄

cc_lightning

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have a dealer visit scheduled for this reason. I'd think it would be warranty work. If your vehicle was missing a cupholder from the factory they wouldn't charge you to install the cupholder. That should be a fun argument.🙄
I would be willing to pay for it if I felt that the dealer can get it working. I visited a dealer to have them install the tire pressure recall update. They said it was done but FordPass said it was still pending for like 2 weeks. I had to call tech support for them to finally push it through. I love the rest of the truck, but this software update issue is frustrating. And I feel like no one that I’m speaking with knows how it truly works, so they can’t fix it. Maybe have to purchase the fdrs license and install it myself.
Sponsored