• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Set up PAAK today, night and day difference in a good way from or 22 MachE GT. Lightning unlocks without having to press the app unlock and I get in and zero delay to start. Mach E often says, "No key detected". Instead of looking like a fool, I put the phone up to my head like someone is calling as I put the Door code in the Mach. Lightning is Exactly Like the Key Fob, and it's safely at home in the drawer. Very impressive.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Set up PAAK today, night and day difference in a good way from or 22 MachE GT. Lightning unlocks without having to press the app unlock and I get in and zero delay to start. Mach E often says, "No key detected". Instead of looking like a fool, I put the phone up to my head like someone is calling as I put the Door code in the Mach. Lightning is Exactly Like the Key Fob, and it's safely at home in the drawer. Very impressive.
The Mach-E will be like the Lightning if you get three modules all updated. Sadly that's the struggle right now as most dealers don't want or won't and it's really slowly going out OTA.
But once you have it then it's night and day from where you are now

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
The Mach-E will be like the Lightning if you get three modules all updated. Sadly that's the struggle right now as most dealers don't want or won't and it's really slowly going out OTA.
Well it's been like TMobile service when we switched in 2012. After 11 years with Verizon, the prices were crazy. T-Mobile was in it's infancy and if it wasn't for the customer service and the constant real life store and support, we would have left early on. As long as Ford keeps improving, plus making us feel like a valued customer, that goes along way to long term trust. 10 years now with T-Mobile, 4 phones to 9 and we get a dedicated team that always makes us feel like family. They are doing and going in the right direction, but a ways to go. Customer relationships are so important and can result in continued business. The OTAs in the beginning with the Early First Edition Mach E was tuff, but we've seen improvement just needs to continue. The fact the Paak in this Lightning is there and truly amazing.

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
My dealer flat out refused, July build no paak and about 9 modules need firmware based on running FDRS report. I tired to convince them but they said no.. what for OTA.

so 2.5 months after taking delivery I start rattling cages at ford corporate and the dealership about a vehicle feature that was per my build and contract not delivered. Two day later lo and behold my turn at the PAAK OTA come out and won’t load says take to dealer. Call dealer they said January 19 is the earliest. For a two hour update is ridiculous.
Hurry up and wait!!

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Mine updated to the truck and notified me two days ago, set up my wife’s phone and my phone, both iPhones, today, all works okay - except found out that in order to actually use PAAK, you must leave the FordPass app running on your phone. Not cool.

Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Mine updated to the truck and notified me two days ago, set up my wife’s phone and my phone, both iPhones, today, all works okay - except found out that in order to actually use PAAK, you must leave the FordPass app running on your phone. Not cool.
“leave the FordPass app running”— what do you mean there? As long as you don’t force quit the app, it will generally work to unlock your car. Force quitting an app tells iOS that you don’t want to allow it to trigger background activities based off bluetooth / location. In this mode of operation it uses very little battery and isn’t even actually running in the background, an OS-wide service is doing bluetooth scanning every few seconds and deciding which apps to wake up based off of what bluetooth signals are nearby.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
“leave the FordPass app running”— what do you mean there? As long as you don’t force quit the app, it will generally work to unlock your car. Force quitting an app tells iOS that you don’t want to allow it to trigger background activities based off bluetooth / location. In this mode of operation it uses very little battery and isn’t even actually running in the background, an OS-wide service is doing bluetooth scanning every few seconds and deciding which apps to wake up based off of what bluetooth signals are nearby.
I mean that you must start the app and leave it running in the background without killing it, or what you call “force quit.” That is not actually force quitting, it is just turning off an app. It is terrible reactive to open apps and just leave them sitting open in the background. This uses up resources and is a primar cause of slowed response and iOS freezes. Apple recommends running only those apps that you need to keep live for a specific purpose. When I swipe up on my wife’s phone and see 10 or more open apps, I know why her phone s sluggish and acting buggy.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I mean that you must start the app and leave it running in the background without killing it, or what you call “force quit.” That is not actually force quitting, it is just turning off an app. It is terrible reactive to open apps and just leave them sitting open in the background. This uses up resources and is a primar cause of slowed response and iOS freezes. Apple recommends running only those apps that you need to keep live for a specific purpose. When I swipe up on my wife’s phone and see 10 or more open apps, I know why her phone s sluggish and acting buggy.
I’m an experienced software engineer with deep understanding of how iOS manages apps like this, and it hasn’t been true for at least a decade that failing to force quit apps results in the phone being buggy / slow. If anything, the act of force closing an app actually causes more sluggishness from being forced to run a paused process to allow it to respond to being force quit and the OS writing out a crash log for what just happened.

Apple does not recommend closing apps like this nor imply it speeds up your phone. An app like FordPass that uses BTLE in this manner is rather efficient.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I’m an experienced software engineer with deep understanding of how iOS manages apps like this, and it hasn’t been true for at least a decade that failing to force quit apps results in the phone being buggy / slow. If anything, the act of force closing an app actually causes more sluggishness from being forced to run a paused process to allow it to respond to being force quit and the OS writing out a crash log for what just happened.

Apple does not recommend closing apps like this nor imply it speeds up your phone. An app like FordPass that uses BTLE in this manner is rather efficient.
^^^^^^ This!

Apple does not need nor ask you to close apps. My phone is 3 years old and it runs great. Apple manages all of the background processes. When I decide to reboot my phone every 4 to 6 weeks I close all of the apps first just for the fun of it and count them. Typically between 80 and 100 apps are open and sitting in the background - including both Ford and Tesla - one of each in the garage. Both work perfectly as PAAK just sitting there in the background with no issues, along with all the other apps just sitting there swapped out of memory waiting on me to use one of them.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
XLT guys don't get this right? Thought I read it was higher end trims only
I believe the PaaK support site says “currently available on select trims” which gives me hope we just have to wait.

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E premium, Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Arborist
may build and still no PAAK 🥵😩….

SilverBrewer

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
may build and still no PAAK 🥵😩….
I don't think its on the window sticker, I've never seen it. its part of the CoPilot 360 Active package, which is included in the 511A

Edit - my b didn't read your post above somehow I got window sticker from may - suppose I should go back to reading lol

stealthzr1

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning, 2021 gt500
i just received my truck today and set up the paak. it doesn't seem to be working correctly. if i have my phone in my pocket and enter the truck and hit the brake/start button it says fob no found. if i open my ap and hit the start button in ap it then allows me to start the truck. am i doing something wrong or maybe i have a setting incorrect?

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i just received my truck today and set up the paak. it doesn't seem to be working correctly. if i have my phone in my pocket and enter the truck and hit the brake/start button it says fob no found. if i open my ap and hit the start button in ap it then allows me to start the truck. am i doing something wrong or maybe i have a setting incorrect?
What kind of phone? This usually means the app isn’t allowed to run in the background.
Sponsored