• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
New to the forum, having just bought my Lariat ER this past Friday. Sadly, I think I win the award for shortest time without an issue. I got the Powertrain Malfunction within 24 hours of purchase, along with a parking sensor failure. Dealer confirmed a battery module needed replacing, and quoted 7-10 days for parts. No loaner. Told me they would cover a portion of the rental, but that it had to be a Ford and that I was responsible for all taxes and fees. Gave me the number for Ford Customer Service and they were horrible--read straight from a script telling me they couldn't help, and only the dealer could determine loaner or rental arrangements. I'm pissed. Too soon to initiate the buyback process, considering their standard protocol appears to be denying it the first time around?
Sorry to hear of that kind of experience. Try 1-800-392-3673 and ask for the BEV team. They've been known to get alternate transportation arranged and even pay for gas for a rental while yours is in the shop.
Sponsored

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
After about a month and a half my buyback has been approved and I received my offer from ford. The offer is way higher than I was expecting so I am 100% taking it. Sounds like I’ll be surrendering it in the next few days.

Now the hunt for a new xlt ER begins. If anyone knows of any great deals please dm me. The closer to SOCAL the better. Right now the best deal I’m seeing is in Texas (17k off before tax credits) so I may be doing a one way flight and roadtrip back home if nothing better pops up.