• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I have no warning lights, no messages, nothing. Woke up this morning everything seemed normal. I started driving and noticed my power was limited to 51%? Not sure what to do at this point. I just received 3.5.4 yesterday.

View attachment 59400

Edit: just cleared it by getting out and restarting
WTH !

Half power available is not right.

I just got my update 3 days ago.

Going to turn off calm mode and go back to the regular driver info screen and keep watch!
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
WTH !

Half power available is not right.

I just got my update 3 days ago.

Going to turn off calm mode and go back to the regular driver info screen and keep watch!
Yeah I’m not sure what was going on but it hasn’t come back since. No warning light no nothing so who knows

Sandman1987

First Name
Mandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
General Contractor
I also got the same message. Just took my truck to one of the local dealers. I had no driving issues, but he said this repair could take 3 months!!!! I am pisses

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power Screenshot_20221104-145629_FordPass

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
I also got the same message. Just took my truck to one of the local dealers. I had no driving issues, but he said this repair could take 3 months!!!! I am pisses

Screenshot_20221104-145629_FordPass.jpg
I have gotten a few of these messages, I won't make any assumptions on your part but found that my 12v battery connection was loose which was recommended by another forum member. Just in case you haven't checked that yet, brought mine to the dealer and they confirmed this was the issue and sent me off. Haven't had the error since...

Abeginuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I woke up to the truck alarm at 1:05am, then 1:20am, then again right after. The fob wouldn't shut it off so I had to go to the truck
The big screen in the truck was lit up and said the update had failed, I had the updates scheduled for 1am (now it's 1pm lesson learned). The next morning I had a power train failure. Then it happened 5 days later. I got a call into the dealer, but seems centered on this update to me.

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power Screenshot_20221110-175028_FordPass

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I woke up to the truck alarm at 1:05am, then 1:20am, then again right after. The fob wouldn't shut it off so I had to go to the truck
The big screen in the truck was lit up and said the update had failed, I had the updates scheduled for 1am (now it's 1pm lesson learned). The next morning I had a power train failure. Then it happened 5 days later. I got a call into the dealer, but seems centered on this update to me.

Screenshot_20221110-175028_FordPass.jpg
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Temix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Lariat
Unfortunately, I have to add my new Lightning to the list of others who have had this same issue.

Happened to me on a day when the outside temperature dropped below 10F (not sure if there is a connection). I was in the middle of nowhere, so I had to call towing for assistance.

I've been a longtime reader of this forum, and it was a bit terrifying to read about this issue, hoping it won't happen to me. And here I am.

*Day 1*
The truck was towed to the dealer. No updates. :confused:

*Day 2*
The dealer says they are waiting for feedback from Ford engineers to proceed. :cautious:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m sorry you are having issues with your 3 day old truck, it really sucks. I am assuming Ford is going to fly out engineers from Dearborn to take a look. The good news is that it’s happening early into ownership and if you have a lemon you can still get rid of it.

Temix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Lariat
Update:
It looks like the battery cell is dead an needs to be replaced.

No ETA.

Sponsored

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Did they mention if it was a single module
Or the whole pack?

Temix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Lariat
They did't clarify.
Did they mention if it was a single module
Or the whole pack?
They didn't clarify it yet. I will update the thread once I get more details.

On a side note, they gave me an Explorer as a rental. I'm going back to gasoline :confused:

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
They did't clarify.

They didn't clarify it yet. I will update the thread once I get more details.

On a side note, they gave me an Explorer as a rental. I'm going back to gasoline :confused:
Glad you can get a loaner. My Dealership has only ever offered an Uber. Bummed to go to gas after driving the Lightning tho. Thanks for the info