• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power

Robo165

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately, I have to add my new Lightning to the list of others who have had this same issue.

Happened to me on a day when the outside temperature dropped below 10F (not sure if there is a connection). I was in the middle of nowhere, so I had to call towing for assistance.

I've been a longtime reader of this forum, and it was a bit terrifying to read about this issue, hoping it won't happen to me. And here I am.

*Day 1*
The truck was towed to the dealer. No updates. :confused:

*Day 2*
The dealer says they are waiting for feedback from Ford engineers to proceed. :cautious:
Same here 11,000 miles only issue has been not getting a full 320 range from my extended batteries. 30 degrees out and stranded with a message of power train failure. Reduced power. After 10 mins of trying to get it to move it would go 3-4 mph then completely die. Having it towed to the dealership in the morning.

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power 2A687742-D38B-49E2-9A4B-F981F8714F7E
Sponsored

Robo165

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
Day 1 @ Dealership:
Towed to dealership and nobody trained to service EV’s available. Not to mention they said they have to rope off a section to work on them because of the unknown hazards 🤨

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Day 1 @ Dealership:
Towed to dealership and nobody trained to service EV’s available. Not to mention they said they have to rope off a section to work on them because of the unknown hazards 🤨
Uhhhhh, that's not normal procedure

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
Reach out to the Ford rep here, or call the Ford customer service number and let them know whats going on so they can open a case for you. They are going to want your VIN and dealer info

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
How do I reach a ford rep here on this forum?

Robert
Your best bet is gonna be to call the customer relations team tomorrow, tell them you have a Lightning at the dealer and need to get a case going with the BEV team
+1-800-392-3673

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Day 1 @ Dealership:
Wow... sorry you are having that problem. Sounds like you may need a different dealer. Preferably one that knows what they are doing.

Temix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Lariat
*Day 8-15*
No updates from the dealer
No updates from Ford
No ETA for the battery

:cry:

Last edited:

Robo165

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
Day 2 @ Dealership. Lunch time and no word from the dealer. ☹
2:00pm day 2. Dealer called and they are trying to borrow tools from another dealer. They only have 50% of the required tools. SMH!

Sponsored

Robo165

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
2:00pm day 2. Dealer called and they are trying to borrow tools from another dealer. They only have 50% of the required tools. SMH!
Now they’re saying possibly 2 months to get a partial battery (one or two modules showing faulty)WTH!!🤬

Robo165

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
Day 3 @ dealership. No word at all. Good news I started a case with Ford Customer Relation ions and they contacted the dealership on my behalf.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Now they’re saying possibly 2 months to get a partial battery (one or two modules showing faulty)WTH!!🤬
Lemon law time. Depending on your state you can get them to replace it - which comes with a new federal credit. Only problem is how long till they have stock to replace it.

Icebear1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have a similar issue. A couple weeks ago during the cold snap, my truck lost total power with less than 10% battery left. I had to emergency charge with 120v plug until I could get enough power to get to a L2 charger. Just today, I left my house at 44% and made a quick stop and returned 20 min later with 31%. The truck was off so i'm assuming 1 battery pack/cell died. I need to schedule a visit but I need to know beforehand they can fix before i bring it in otherwise i'm out of a truck unless they give me a loaner.
Sponsored