• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
3 months 4500 miles, truck has been in the shop for 6 weeks. If you have not opened a case with Ford, do so. They will need your VIN and dealer info, they will work with your dealer and you. Please educate yourself on your state's lemon law and don't be afraid to flex that with Ford as they have no choice but to accommodate you.
Sponsored

Temix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Lariat
*Day 34*

No updates, no ETA.

My 2nd monthly payment for the truck without having a truck...:cautious:

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Iā€™m at 4 weeks and my truck got a software update and is charging. Iā€™m on a plane right now and last I got today was waiting for parts still. Not sure I should get excited, but maybe they showed up.

Temix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Lariat
Fun fact:

On day 31, there were no updates regarding the part's estimated time of arrival or any other information. I decided to take matters into my own hands and reached out to one of Ford's executives (I work for a company that does some stuff for Ford and I am lucky to have that option). To my surprise, he responded within an hour and promised to take action.

Two days later (on day 33), the dealership got the part (!) and my truck and was ready for pick up (!). I'm not sure if there's a direct correlation between my message and the speedy resolution, or if it was just a coincidence.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'll be asking my dealer about their preparedness to handle this situation when I go for a test drive later this week. Thank you all for sharing your hardships. It's going to pay dividends for the rest of us.

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Well my parts are in and the the battery pack is being rebuilt. Iā€™ve forgotten what driving the truck feels like.

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
I'll be asking my dealer about their preparedness to handle this situation when I go for a test drive later this week. Thank you all for sharing your hardships. It's going to pay dividends for the rest of us.
I am sure they are going to feed you a shovel full of BS. Ask how many Techs they have that are certified to work on EVs and HV battery systems. If the parts are on backorder, they are on backorder. Any dealer should be willing and able to provide you with a loaner.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I am sure they are going to feed you a shovel full of BS. Ask how many Techs they have that are certified to work on EVs and HV battery systems. If the parts are on backorder, they are on backorder. Any dealer should be willing and able to provide you with a loaner.
That's exactly what I had in mind. Also if the service center is properly equipped for EV's and what they are doing as far as Ford's new plan for dealerships and EV's. They're a bit out of the way for me to use for charging, but am still curious as to how serious they are about handling EV's going forward.

Iggy

First Name
Iggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
IT Manager
Day #30

My truck has been in the service center for 30 days now.
Ford keeps sending bad or damaged parts and the parts department has to keep reordering them and even worse they are back ordered. The first battery module had a damaged connector and the first LED tailgate light bar had a crack. WTH Ford! šŸ¤¬Sending bad and damaged parts means more delays.
CA lemon law kicks in on day #31.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
Thatā€™s a dealerā€™s favorite excuse. Wrong parts, bad parts. Call bull when necessary.

Sponsored

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
Ford sent a bad module for me the first time, they had to send a replacement. Ford cant get its own battery factory up and working fast enough. They for sure have some QC issues with their supplier.

Iggy

First Name
Iggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
IT Manager
Day #30

My truck has been in the service center for 30 days now.
Ford keeps sending bad or damaged parts and the parts department has to keep reordering them and even worse they are back ordered. The first battery module had a damaged connector and the first LED tailgate light bar had a crack. WTH Ford! šŸ¤¬Sending bad and damaged parts means more delays.
CA lemon law kicks in on day #31.
Dropped by the Ford service shop and my truck is on a lift and waiting for a 2nd battery module replacement. Note the original battery module on the floor that went bad and the crate containing the replacement that is also defective/damaged.

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power 8B7B8FC9-6FF1-468C-A171-7CE49A2A43D2

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Looks like the wooden crate makers will thrive in the New Energy era. :unsure: I was at a Chevy dealer's service department the other day that had a stack of crated Bolt replacement battery packs out on the pad behind the shop.

Robo165

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
Day 54 or start of week 8. Ever how youā€™re counting. I sat on hold for 20 mins and the service advisor finally came on and said we were able to order the module for your battery but we still donā€™t have tools to repair it. SMH. Got a call from Ford Customer relations on the case I asked him to start for me and he said they now have the parts at the dealer but same as service advisor. No tools. They plan to borrow some from a dealer down the road. UNREAL!! Glad I kept my ā€˜18 gas guzzler f150.