• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Price Protection After the Fact People

Gnarwhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I got my price protection check yesterday!
Ordered 8/11, Purchased 1/11, check arrived 5/1
Not happy with how my dealer handled it and I would not buy from them again. Will probably even drive 45 mins to another dealer for service because of how they handled it.
But, I got my truck for the price I wanted, so I'm happy.
Loving the truck
Sponsored

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
Not happy with how my dealer handled it and I would not buy from them again. Will probably even drive 45 mins to another dealer for service because of how they handled it.
Loving the truck
Can you clarify why you're not happy with how your dealer handled it? Because it took over 3 months after purchase for the check to appear? Unfortunately it seems most Ford dealers are doing the reimbursement check for vehicle price protection long after purchase...

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
Can you clarify why you're not happy with how your dealer handled it? Because it took over 3 months after purchase for the check to appear? Unfortunately it seems most Ford dealers are doing the reimbursement check for vehicle price protection long after purchase...
Yikes, I think that’s a record! At least for those who’ve shared here.

110 days
How much did you hound them @Gnarwhl

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
I think why its irritating to some is we have seen others who get this at point of sale, and saves them from a bigger sales tax bill/less worrying about IF you will receive the money. If some dealers can do it, why can't all of them? Should be something that is standardized through all dealerships, but Ford lets them do whatever they want.

EdSnow

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X545e
Loving the truck
That took awhile! Can I ask if it was the full $9100 as reported by others?

I'm still waiting for mine as I purchased on 4/7. The sales manager says that they get a 'reconciliation' statement from Ford Motors around the 25th of the month so mine should be on the May statement. I even had to educate this dealership about the $7000 private offer using information from this Forum. They finally 'found it' attached to the VIN and rebated it at time of sale.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If some dealers can do it, why can't all of them? Should be something that is standardized through all dealerships, but Ford lets them do whatever they want.
Ford cannot force them to do anything pricing wise due to both local laws in most places and obligations outlined in the franchise contract.

However, I agree that its pretty shitty that a business that has millions of dollars in cash flow refuses to float $10k for a month or two. Ford needs to have better processes to assure the dealership of the exact amount and the timing of the refund. I would think they could use whatever process they used to use for other 'manufacturer incentives ' aka discounts off MSRP. Back in before times, if there was a $7500 discount on an F-150 (which was not uncommon to have this or more) it would have been unheard of to make a customer finance that extra amount until the dealer receives it back from Ford.

Gnarwhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Oh, where do I begin...
When the price increase of $5k was added to my account on Ford website, I called and spoke to the dealer and got in writing that it was not applicable to me, even though it was shown in my account. They assured me that I would not be paying any more than we agreed at time of order...

Before my vehicle was delivered, I went in to make sure there were no shenanigans. They say it is $12k more. They refused to honor what I had in writing. I had to show them how to apply the $7k private offer, which fortunately they did. They did not know how Ford's price protection works. I educated them, but they were unwilling to even say that it would definitely happen. They said they didn't trust Ford to honor it, even though it is official policy. I couldn't believe they said that, and how was I supposed to trust them if they didn't trust Ford. Like if they got the money, would they even give it to me? And they were like "What you don't trust us? I am hurt. We are trustworthy. You are insulting us." They were incredibly condescending and rude. The General Manager got involved and said to me "You don't know what you are talking about. You are getting a great deal without the $5k. What are you complaining about? I am done with you." And then he walked out of the room. I eventually got in writing that they would give me any price protection money they received from Ford for this particular vehicle if they receive it. I wonder what would have happened if I never asked them about it. Life got busy and I forgot to contact them about it until recently.

It was the worst customer service experience I have ever had for anything, and I should tell you about how my house purchase went sometime (seller's realtor was literally on meth when I got the keys to my house).

TL;DR: These dealers have to go. Ford needs to go direct to consumer.

Gnarwhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
That took awhile! Can I ask if it was the full $9100 as reported by others?

I'm still waiting for mine as I purchased on 4/7. The sales manager says that they get a 'reconciliation' statement from Ford Motors around the 25th of the month so mine should be on the May statement. I even had to educate this dealership about the $7000 private offer using information from this Forum. They finally 'found it' attached to the VIN and rebated it at time of sale.
I received my truck before the most recent price increase. It was for the full amount, which was only $5k at the time.

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning (Wave Aug ‘22 Order)
Oh, where do I begin...
When the price increase of $5k was added to my account on Ford website, I called and spoke to the dealer and got in writing that it was not applicable to me, even though it was shown in my account. They assured me that I would not be paying any more than we agreed at time of order...

Before my vehicle was delivered, I went in to make sure there were no shenanigans. They say it is $12k more. They refused to honor what I had in writing. I had to show them how to apply the $7k private offer, which fortunately they did. They did not know how Ford's price protection works. I educated them, but they were unwilling to even say that it would definitely happen. They said they didn't trust Ford to honor it, even though it is official policy. I couldn't believe they said that, and how was I supposed to trust them if they didn't trust Ford. Like if they got the money, would they even give it to me? And they were like "What you don't trust us? I am hurt. We are trustworthy. You are insulting us." They were incredibly condescending and rude. The General Manager got involved and said to me "You don't know what you are talking about. You are getting a great deal without the $5k. What are you complaining about? I am done with you." And then he walked out of the room. I eventually got in writing that they would give me any price protection money they received from Ford for this particular vehicle if they receive it. I wonder what would have happened if I never asked them about it. Life got busy and I forgot to contact them about it until recently.

It was the worst customer service experience I have ever had for anything, and I should tell you about how my house purchase went sometime (seller's realtor was literally on meth when I got the keys to my house).

TL;DR: These dealers have to go. Ford needs to go direct to consumer.
That's pretty much the ordeal I have gone through, except my dealer wasn't rude or condescending. They were brutally honest, though, about not trusting Ford to do the right thing and honor the order price. They also said the new non-protected higher price was still a good deal with the PCO offer applied, which I rejected.

Ford Corporate responded yesterday, saying they would note my issue but would not step in as this is a dealer-customer issue. I find Ford Corporate's response insulting and disingenuous since Ford's practices have created this situation with the dealer not having my order price honored on their end at the time of sale. Ford should stop trying to act like Tesla and Rivian by accepting orders directly if they can't see it through to the end - it's been a dreadful experience and has left me with a complete lack of trust and respect for Ford.

Gnarwhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
That's pretty much the ordeal I have gone through, except my dealer wasn't rude or condescending. They were brutally honest, though, about not trusting Ford to do the right thing and honor the order price. They also said the new non-protected higher price was still a good deal with the PCO offer applied, which I rejected.

Ford Corporate responded yesterday, saying they would note my issue but would not step in as this is a dealer-customer issue. I find Ford Corporate's response insulting and disingenuous since Ford's practices have created this situation with the dealer not having my order price honored on their end at the time of sale. Ford should stop trying to act like Tesla and Rivian by accepting orders directly if they can't see it through to the end - it's been a dreadful experience and has left me with a complete lack of trust and respect for Ford.
I agree Ford should do more than what they are doing, however there policy is clear and has not changed. The invoice price is locked at the time of order as long as the same person who places the order makes the purchase. If someone else purchases the truck, the invoice price will be whatever current invoice price is at blend date (i think).

There will be a price protection adjustment given to the dealer from Ford if you purchase the truck. The only thing that is not certain is if the dealer will pass along the money to you or not. That is up to them. That is where Ford cannot step in because of the details of their contract with the dealer. Have them write it up as a contract that they will give any and all price protection money that they receive from Ford for your specific vehicle when they receive it from Ford and you should be good.

Sponsored

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
I agree Ford should do more than what they are doing, however there policy is clear and has not changed. The invoice price is locked at the time of order as long as the same person who places the order makes the purchase. If someone else purchases the truck, the invoice price will be whatever current invoice price is at blend date (i think).

There will be a price protection adjustment given to the dealer from Ford if you purchase the truck. The only thing that is not certain is if the dealer will pass along the money to you or not. That is up to them. That is where Ford cannot step in because of the details of their contract with the dealer. Have them write it up as a contract that they will give any and all price protection money that they receive from Ford for your specific vehicle when they receive it from Ford and you should be good.
Although I believe in and appreciate the policy, I wouldn't call it clear. If we placed the order online, and their policy is to protect the price, why do they change the price on the online order and then inconsistently back-door communicate through isolated departments that it is on the dealer to honor the original price at time of order, while also not providing updated documentation of the order price. If Ford was clear that the original purchaser is entitled to the price at time of order and that it is policy protected for the orderer as they state, and that if that order didn't go through, the truck was to sell at window sticker +, I believe I lot of us wouldn't be in this mess.

Why increase the price on the orderer's account portal?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I don't understand why they can't print the window sticker price to match the order price. Oh right, dealer still gets charged invoice based on order price so there's a huge profit if the person doesn't pick up the vehicle.

Also if the dealer is billed based on invoice at the time of order, then the dealership isn't 'losing' any money if they sell the truck to you at the agreed upon MSRP at time of order. They shouldn't have to make you front that price protection amount because anything they do or don't get back from Ford is additional profit on top of the holdback they already get from Ford for selling the vehicle.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Why increase the price on the orderer's account portal?
Just a note, my price on the website hasn't changed. Just on the window sticker. I ordered on 9/20 which was between the two price changes.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I don't understand why they can't print the window sticker price to match the order price. Oh right, dealer still gets charged invoice based on order price so there's a huge profit if the person doesn't pick up the vehicle.

Also if the dealer is billed based on invoice at the time of order, then the dealership isn't 'losing' any money if they sell the truck to you at the agreed upon MSRP at time of order. They shouldn't have to make you front that price protection amount because anything they do or don't get back from Ford is additional profit on top of the holdback they already get from Ford for selling the vehicle.
Supposedly the sticker shows the higher price so that if the original person who ordered the vehicle backs out of the deal then the vehicle can be sold to a new person at the new higher price

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Just a note, my price on the website hasn't changed. Just on the window sticker. I ordered on 9/20 which was between the two price changes.
My price never changed either on the website either, just the window sticker and I assume the invoice the dealer received.
Sponsored