• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 23-PU0306-BCF-DET

Has your truck received this update?

• Total voters

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
So on the Powertrain faults immediately after (or in fact during) updates. Yeah that happens sometimes and is caused by an interruption of communications between modules and the individual networks each module is on.

I had a discussion with my local senior tech yesterday concerning this very issue and he pointed out that the DTCs that start with a "U" relate to communications errors that result in these errors showing up. If you do a key cycle and the error clears then it was probably bogus to begin with.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I’d like to turn that fat GOM number into a State-of-Charge percentage, if I can only have a single number. Bonus, have it display a short look back (5-30 min) current trip mi/kW.
I use the calm screen - it has SoC.

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
For the first time, I can’t get this update to install. Tried about 10 times now. The other priority update installed yesterday with no issue and I got this one an hour later.

I drove it about 30 mins today thinking the 12V battery may be low from the first update but still no change. Any ideas?

Last edited:

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
For the first time, I can’t get this update to install. Tried about 10 times now. The other priority update installed yesterday with no issue and I got this one an hour later.

I drove it about 30 mins today thinking the 12V battery may be low from the first update but still no change. Any ideas?
Same here as it’s failed for me a bunch of times today. I was thinking of putting power on the 12v, but the notices say the trunk needs to be closed…. Here’s what I’m seeing in app.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0306-BCF-DET IMG_7863

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer

Won't install for me either. I had an earlier update that didn't want to install and by doing it manually and making sure my phone and fob were out of reach it worked. May not have been a phone/fob issue, but the update took. This one won't go after several attempts. And I've driven a bunch, truck at a good SOC... Was plugged in...

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I just tried again, but first connected my OBDLink MX+ to see the 12V charge before this attempt. It was at 75% charge. After the next failure, it was down to 71%. Still no success.

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
I tried to manually force the install like 4 times yesterday after various drives to no avail. I ended up plugging it in and letting it get to the 80% like normal and at my regularly schedule update time of 3am the update finally took!

I haven't driven it but the immediate thing I noticed is it broke my charge limit as it ended up charging the truck all the way to 100% after the update (I have monitors on the home and can see when the charger stopped at 80%, and then when it started again after the update completed) so that sucks. (@Ford Motor Company)

The Fordpass app still shows my limitation of 80%. I'll update if I figure anything else out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Quick note and no guarantees but I could not get this one to install (first OTA I have had trouble with in the year plus of ownership).

All I did different was turn the headlight dial to OFF and plug it into my Level 2 with charging active. Installed first try after 5-6 unsuccessful attempts. I think the charger plugged in gives the 12V the number it thinks it needs.

I plugged in and l started the update. I didn't let it sit on the Level 2 for any length of time and I was at a low SOC (about 37%).

Just worth a try and simple vs all the other tricks of the trade.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I tried to manually force the install like 4 times yesterday after various drives to no avail. I ended up plugging it in and letting it get to the 80% like normal and at my regularly schedule update time of 3am the update finally took!

I haven't driven it but the immediate thing I noticed is it broke my charge limit as it ended up charging the truck all the way to 100% after the update (I have monitors on the home and can see when the charger stopped at 80%, and then when it started again after the update completed) so that sucks.

The Fordpass app still shows my limitation of 80%. I'll update if I figure anything else out.
same here. Had to plug in and it finally took it after a little while on the charger. It did not understand my saved location and wanted to charge to 100% as well. Also, I lost all my radio (but not Sirius oddly) stations.

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
same here. Had to plug in and it finally took it after a little while on the charger. It did not understand my saved location and wanted to charge to 100% as well. Also, I lost all my radio (but not Sirius oddly) stations.
That's standard on the radio glitch... My AM and FMs were gone (for at least the 4th time after an OTA) but Sirius station presets remained.

I stopped getting air dam warnings a while back and thought maybe that fix was jammed in a March update, but then they started resurfacing. Hopefully, this will do it for good.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
@TaxmanHog - sorry to be a pain - maybe a poll on each of the SW updates. Helps tracking for the failures and honestly - I come back to see which ones I've applied since the Ford messages disappear after a while.

In general - there are 3 recent updates. I got 23-PU0503-CON-FX without issue. I currently have 23-PU0105-DC-CHG2 failing - 5 times now and have not seen the one from this thread at all.

Have others received both of those above before getting this one - 23-PU0306-BCF-DET?

#1 Scuba

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F350,1997 F350
All three successfully updated OTA on my 2022 Lariat ER (with pre-notices as advertised) 23-PU0306-BCF-DET;3-PU0503-CON-FX ;23-PU0105-DC-CHG2

No updates or notices for my 2022 Platinum. It is still scheduled to go back to the dealer on 6/26 with previous case number CAS-429651 12-P7D0W0.

I guess a mathematician would say that is a 50% success rate!!!!
Sponsored