• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 23-PU0306-BCF-DET

Has your truck received this update?

• Total voters

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
Update loaded without issues. However, my truck charged to 100% last night instead of 90%. I had a tailgate ajar warning this morning, (it cleared by opening and closing manually), and I lost some of my radio stations. I haven’t driven yet this morning so I’m unsure if there are anymore issues. Have a great day everyone!
Sponsored

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
The update had been taking the last 4 nights while not charging. Last night night I plugged it in and the update failed again. I've tried to manually update it and that isn't working either. No idea what to try next.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
I don’t mean to get this discussion off on another course relating to this update but shortly after this update was completed, I’ve been starting to get charging faults when using level 2 at home. I do believe I was able to charge once at home so I don’t know if the issue correlates to the update being the cause.

I have a ChargePoint level 2 charger and also tried using ford mobile charger and same result.

I got worried with a summer trip upcoming and went to my local EA to try DC fast charging from the 66% I was at to 80% and it worked just fine.

Came back home to try and level 2 charge a little more and same charge fault and red light on the charge port.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I don’t mean to get this discussion off on another course relating to this update but shortly after this update was completed, I’ve been starting to get charging faults when using level 2 at home. I do believe I was able to charge once at home so I don’t know if the issue correlates to the update being the cause.

I have a ChargePoint level 2 charger and also tried using ford mobile charger and same result.

I got worried with a summer trip upcoming and went to my local EA to try DC fast charging from the 66% I was at to 80% and it worked just fine.

Came back home to try and level 2 charge a little more and same charge fault and red light on the charge port.
DC and AC use different pins. You could have a bad connection or temperature sensor on the J1772 side and still fast charge with no problems.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Ok thank you. I’ll wait until the ambient temp outside cools down tomorrow and see if it works.

I tried ford mobile charger with 120 socket and same issue.

Im hoping to L2 charge on my upcoming trip up north and hoping this isn’t an issue. I’m skeptical the dealer could do anything besides reset the system.

Sponsored

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
This update failed at least five times for me. Finally worked when the truck was actively charging. This is the first update that required active charging since I got my truck last November.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I’ve tried everything.
Not charging.
Charging.
Shutting off headlights completely.
Wifi.
No Wifi.
Moving all keys significantly away from vehicle.
PAAK disabled.
Charge below 50%.
Charge above 50%. Nothing.
Doors locked.

Mine is on failure 17. Weird. Every other update has installed the first time.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I’ve tried everything.
Not charging.
Charging.
Shutting off headlights completely.
Wifi.
No Wifi.
Moving all keys significantly away from vehicle.
PAAK disabled.
Charge below 50%.
Charge above 50%. Nothing.
Doors locked.

Mine is on failure 17. Weird. Every other update has installed the first time.
Check the 12V battery level. Mine wouldn't install when battery was @ 14.32V. Based on some comments on the MME forum, I charged the HVB from 52% to 100%. The 12V was @ 14.45V. At that point update installed with no issues.

Based on my own recent experience with MME, I am beginning to suspect that each update requires different 12V SOC depending on the size of the update. I had an update that kept failing for about a month, then 2 different updates were installed without issues, but the first one kept failing, and then after a few more failures, it installed like a champ.

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat (510A)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Check the 12V battery level. Mine wouldn't install when battery was @ 14.32V. Based on some comments on the MME forum, I charged the HVB from 52% to 100%. The 12V was @ 14.45V. At that point update installed with no issues.

Based on my own recent experience with MME, I am beginning to suspect that each update requires different 12V SOC depending on the size of the update. I had an update that kept failing for about a month, then 2 different updates were installed without issues, but the first one kept failing, and then after a few more failures, it installed like a champ.
Did you charge the 12v just by driving?

Sponsored

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat (510A)
Occupation
Software Engineer
No, after driving for about an hour, I plugged the car in. After it finished charging, the 12V battery had a higher charge.
Im just letting the truck go in the driveway. The 12v is charging.

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Sigh - it's now had 37 attempts and no success. 12V battery sufficiently charged, but it keeps telling me it was interrupted by another process.

I even attempted putting my battery maintainer on it to see if that would help despite the instructions saying the Frunk needed to be closed, but that did not work.

And per some of the latest thread, I charged it to 100%, but that failed both before it reached 100% and after.

It's starting to look like my only options will be to waste my time with a dealer or pay for the 48 hour FDRS license once I have some time to dedicate to it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Sigh - it's now had 37 attempts and no success. 12V battery sufficiently charged, but it keeps telling me it was interrupted by another process.

I even attempted putting my battery maintainer on it to see if that would help despite the instructions saying the Frunk needed to be closed, but that did not work.

And per some of the latest thread, I charged it to 100%, but that failed both before it reached 100% and after.

It's starting to look like my only options will be to waste my time with a dealer or pay for the 48 hour FDRS license once I have some time to dedicate to it.
Good morning! I would be glad to help you out with this OTA update issue. Just shoot us a direct message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Engineer