• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update-23-PU1113-UNX-DC [Connectivity]

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Anyone experiencing PAAK issues with this update? I received this and the Tesla P&C update this week and now PAAK isn’t working on my truck. Thanks
My PAAK is working normally, I just confirmed when I went out with only my phone to bump up the HVAC temp to MAX in preparation for Wednesday morning remote start functionality test.

{Garage is well out of range of my key fob}
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog what's your ambient temp when it starts?
What about changing it to cabin temp hot and see if it runs heated seats and steering wheel?
Outside temps High 30 to mid 40's today, I had cabin HVAC set to ~72/73°

I'll try increasing it now & see if the change get's the seats & wheel pre-warming going again.
Outside temps this morning ~47°
----------------------

Remote start, cabin got warm per the HI setting, the seats & wheel were cold.
Push to Start, drivers seat and wheel lamps lit up, passenger seat lit up.
These began to start warming as the drive progressed.

----------------------

Arrived at destination, adjusted the settings to preferred levels Temp 72, seats & wheel on shut down truck.
When we were ready to leave, used remote start, let her run for 5 minutes, seats & wheel cool.
Push to start, seat and wheel lamps were off this time, manually switched on, warmed up during next drive cycle.

----------------------

It seems that the remote start & departure timer are not kicking on the seat heating or steering wheel warmer, could be a change in the temperature threshold, ei. sub freezing conditions required? Or It's simply not sending the commands to switch the warmers on?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Another oddity, Ford NAV spontaneously sets a destination when I power on the truck, this has happened randomly the past 2-3 days, doesn't happen every time, but most often first drive of the day.

I reset the Sync screen with the [Vol -] & [Track forward] input, lets see how it behaves Saturday morning.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Another oddity, Ford NAV spontaneously sets a destination when I power on the truck, this has happened randomly the past 2-3 days, doesn't happen every time, but most often first drive of the day.

I reset the Sync screen with the [Vol -] & [Track forward] input, lets see how it behaves Saturday morning.
Try turning off predictive navigation

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
BTW:

This afternoons, use of remote start, with a solar heated cabin resulted in AC operation and seats chiller fans to be active when I pressed [Push to Start], I expected this might happen, and worked as expected. I flipped off the AC as the temps were still comfortable and I didn't really need to chill the seats, outside ambient temps was 49 degrees.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Try turning off predictive navigation
Cool

Ford Nav, Settings, User Data, Destination Suggestions, it was On so I switched it to Off

That should do the trick, I don't know if I had that switched off in the past, but hadn't noticed the truck being as helpful with predictive destinations until recently, maybe something in the last update made that more active than in the past?

There is the option to erase / remove recent destination history in lieu of switching the service off.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Cool

Ford Nav, Settings, User Data, Destination Suggestions, it was On so I switched it to Off

That should do the trick, I don't know if I had that switched off in the past, but hadn't noticed the truck being as helpful with predictive destinations until recently, maybe something in the last update made that more active than in the past?

There is the option to erase / remove recent destination history in lieu of switching the service off.
Or likely a recent update turned it on!

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Cool

Is this the random double ding I get when I start the truck sometimes?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Is this the random double ding I get when I start the truck sometimes?
Not certain about that, but IIRC the headlight rotary switch plays a roll in the double dings, cycle it to off then back to auto, to see if that minimizes the double dings.

Nav does have alerts, and dings, but mostly those are warning you of hazards and conditions ahead while driving.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Or likely a recent update turned it on!
@TaxmanHog - Yes, this has happened to me. Soon after I got my truck I started getting pop-ups wanting to navigate, it was called My Trends I think. Turned it off a long time ago. But an update in the past month had turned it back on. It never actually set a destination but really really wanted to.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Y''all just need to follow that random navigation and have an outing, find somewhere new !! I haven't had that one, but I have had the headlight switch a few times. It just likes to keep dinging. Turn it off then back to auto.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Anyone else receive this as of late? Its been sitting on my truck for almost a week with a "Not Completed" status. This is my first OTA after the BMS replacement. Everything was working fine before, not sure why it wont install now. @rugedraw can you check my VIN please? Thank you

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Anyone else receive this as of late? Its been sitting on my truck for almost a week with a "Not Completed" status. This is my first OTA after the BMS replacement. Everything was working fine before, not sure why it wont install now. @rugedraw can you check my VIN please? Thank you
This update had a negative effect of seat & steering wheel warming while remote starting or using departure timer, I suspect but not certain there might be a pause.

Last edited:

Budshark

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I received it and it installed on March 17. So definitely not paused.
Sponsored