• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Just got this in a promotional email from Ford:

February is now "Spring"...which means end of May.
Ford never said February. Not once. Always been Spring. Telsa manager said February at a pubic hearing.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla stock tanked today, down 13%. This may not be good news for us hoping to gain access to the Superchargers, Tesla may just decide to renege on its promises and to keep one of its best assets closed to outsiders. Tesla will have to cut back somewhere and they definitely don’t have any loyalty to non-Tesla owners.

I can see the lawsuits from companies like A2Z, Ford and GM already. I sure wish NEVI would get off the pot. I’m looking at lowering my expectations yet again.
This gave me a good laugh. Do you know why Tesla stock tanked?

- Margins down, and down below the "floor" that Tesla previously said. Margins are down because Tesla cut prices. Guess they should have reforecast their numbers and clarified the impact with the market first... Falling margins and never-ending price cuts mentioned as issues by investors.

- Call was viewed as "disjointed" by investors. The call was described as a "train wreck".

“We were dead wrong expecting Musk and team to step up like adults in the room on the call and give a strategic and financial overview of the ongoing price cuts, margin structure and fluctuating demand. … instead we got a high-level Tesla long-term view with another train wreck conference call..."

- Musk demanding more control via getting more shares. Or he'll leave. Bye Elon!

Why would Tesla cut back on revenue they have in the bag? Totally nonsensical. If anything, they would push to do this as fast as possible to get the revenue.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Ford never said February. Not once. Always been Spring. Telsa manager said February at a pubic hearing.

Did Ford say Spring prior to this? I haven't been following it that closely. Tesla owns the network, so if they said February then there's at least some reason to take it seriously. Tesla's time commitment issues notwithstanding. 😄

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Did Ford say Spring prior to this? I haven't been following it that closely. Tesla owns the network, so if they said February then there's at least some reason to take it seriously. Tesla's time commitment issues notwithstanding. 😄
Ford has, up until the email people are getting, stated it would be open in the first quarter.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford has ALWAYS said Spring. Jenny Pretare, Tesla Design Manager of Charging Infrastructure, said at a hearing in mid-December, in Utah, February. Is she right? Hopefully, but again Ford never said February.

kab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER (Atlas Blue)
Ford has ALWAYS said Spring. Jenny Pretare, Tesla Design Manager of Charging Infrastructure, said at a hearing in mid-December, in Utah, February. Is she right? Hopefully, but again Ford never said February.
☝ This.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla may just decide to renege on its promises and to keep one of its best assets closed to outsiders.
1/31/24 -
FORD TO OFFER COMPLIMENTARY TESLA SUPERCHARGER ADAPTER TO ELIGIBLE EV CUSTOMERS

:unsure: o_O:rolleyes:;):D

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've pondered whether to close this thread as of the above announcements, but haven't yet as it's still a good resource for those considering the alternatives.

Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I've pondered whether to close this thread
But where will we post data about which adapter charges faster, and whether the Ford or A2Z adapter is more efficient with or without the tonneau cover closed? And which tires are better for parking on the grass behind the charger stalls, so the cable will reach?

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord V6 EX-L 2015
I'll admit it... i reserved one... however they will not issue a full refund on the product when you request a refund. Not quite sure why that's the case because there's no place in their policy that I found that said you won't get a full refund.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I've pondered whether to close this thread as of the above announcements, but haven't yet as it's still a good resource for those considering the alternatives.
Id vote to leave it open just because it’s going to be a while before we get our Ford Adapter and if Tesla does open them in this month, these guys might be able to use their SC.

I also think there will be owners who will not receive theirs from Ford and this might be a good resource to buying aftermarket.

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron , Mazda Miata
I don't want to wait for the official charger to show up and just ordered one from A2Z using 15% OFF discount code "FORD" and will use it until the official one shows up.

I also put an order in for the Lectron one and will post up a review on both later.

Folks who ordered A2Z adapter 2 - 3 weeks ago are receiving it now. This is what the company has to say about availability.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

1711059919174-aj.png
FYI, ordered mine on 3/1 and it still hasn’t shipped yet.
Sponsored