• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Yep, I got my 3.5.3 OTA update this morning which included the Remote Pro Power control and the wireless CarPlay/ Android Auto screen resizing features.

The following instructions for the Remote ProPower controls in FordPass confirm a Bluetooth connection is required to remotely turn ProPower ON/OFF…….
CBA2966A-8477-4FD6-9844-E8B112A62081.jpeg
Correct but the app won’t switch to Bluetooth even with me sitting in the truck
Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I got 3.5.4 yesterday and the app shows Pro Power Onboard but because it's connected by Cellular, I can't control the power. Sitting in the truck, I had to manually connect Bluetooth on my Iphone but the app still show it connected via cellular and won't give me access to Pro Power settings. I'm guessing that one day it will just start working (and probably stop working the next day).
Give it 2 days to stop working.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Correct but the app won’t switch to Bluetooth even with me sitting in the truck
Yeah, I could not get it to show in the widget in the app that it was connected via bluetooth even though it was connected via bluetooth after disabling carplay and the settings phone menu showing it was connected via bluetooth. I feel as though even if I was connected via carplay I should still be able to adjust pro-power. Regardless, this is way too confusing than it needs to be.
Edit: Also, even when it says its connected via cellular and its actually connected via bluetooth or carplay, it does not allow me to change anything. Forgot to mention that.

Last edited:

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Yeah, I could not get it to show in the widget in the app that it was connected via bluetooth even though it was connected via bluetooth after disabling carplay and the settings phone menu showing it was connected via bluetooth. I feel as though even if I was connected via carplay I should still be able to adjust pro-power. Regardless, this is way too confusing than it needs to be.
Agreed, it’s way more difficult to turn the power on than it should be.
There are a bunch of things that should be configurable for appearance on the touchscreen such as the cameras.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Edit: Also, even when it says its connected via cellular and its actually connected via bluetooth or carplay, it does not allow me to change anything. Forgot to mention that.
I'm having the same experiences with Android, connection is via cellular, I can view the load levels and the emergency reserve power value in miles as set in the truck.

Also noted that the Onboard scales still will not readout on the Ford Pass phone-app, which likewise mentions it's "NOT" connected via Bluetooth which is required for it to work remotely while not sitting in the cab to balance trailer loading or monitor the capacity while loading cargo in the truck bed. This feature was working shortly after I took deliver of the truck, but subsequent power-ups broke the feature.

Ford F-150 Lightning Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3 1667337437664

Ford F-150 Lightning Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3 1667337456867

Sponsored

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
3.5.3 update has alot of problems according the OTA and IVT people I spoke with at Ford. 3.5.4 fixes some of the issues 3.5.3 introduced but not all. A month ago they told me just wait they are working on it and dealers arent authorized to update via FDRS system. They are at the point now where they aren't sure whether they are going to send another update via OTA or send people to dealers. I dont know what to expect I still dont have any updates, no PAAK, clock wont hold 24hour time, bluecruise doesnt work and 8 modules require a firmware update.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I can monitor pro power status over the network, but the ProPower controls will not connect via bluetooth, even when PaaK shows that it's connected.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm having the same experiences with Android, connection is via cellular, I can view the load levels and the emergency reserve power value in miles as set in the truck.

Also noted that the Onboard scales still will not readout on the Ford Pass phone-app, which likewise mentions it's "NOT" connected via Bluetooth which is required for it to work remotely while not sitting in the cab to balance trailer loading or monitor the capacity while loading cargo in the truck bed. This feature was working shortly after I took deliver of the truck, but subsequent power-ups broke the feature.

1667337437664.png

1667337456867.png
On my iPhone the app only shows the front circuit. Fords software group should be all over this rather than pushing out updates that fail on first use.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I can monitor pro power status over the network, but the ProPower controls will not connect via bluetooth, even when PaaK shows that it's connected.
The Lightning updated to 3.5.4 today but can only monitor power, not control it. Will not connect in bluetooth, only under cellular. Tried disabling wifi and cell data and it still does not connect under bluetooth to Propower although bluetooth on iPhone shows it is connected to Lightning.

I do hope the software design criteria is to eventuallyto be able to control power via cellular, as the usefulness of controlling power from bluetooth is not the use case I'm interested in say for a fridge in the frunk.

Ford really needs to step up their software quality bug and test department. If we were beta testers this should be expected but I have not received any communication I'm part of that program. The OTA software update description also needs to be accurate. 3.5.3 did not even show the pro power features in Ford pass while 3.5.4 did. 3.5.3 software description said it had pro power but was not visible in Ford Pass. Why?

@Ford Motor Company

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I've learned by this point that the words "Ford", "software", and "should" are pretty meaningless together.

Ford's molasses like speed at remedying the PAAK issue means any small issue we have with the app is going to be there for a long time, if not forever.

Sponsored

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I've learned by this point that the words "Ford", "software", and "should" are pretty meaningless together.

Ford's molasses like speed at remedying the PAAK issue means any small issue we have with the app is going to be there for a long time, if not forever.
Well this is a very fixable problem. EV cars will eventually be all be the same commodity components, it will be the software features and human interface that distinguish them. Ford has a chance to do this right as I believe the underlying hardware is high quality, I hope exec management is listening and taking corrective action. Each software update should delight the owner with ease of use and the feeling of more value for their purchase. Really important to Ford's future.

If these types of bugs are getting though I don' t think their beta program is up to speed. Anyone here a part of "official" beta testing? I applied but it seems to be waiting list only.

@Ford Motor Company

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
what's the auto resizing of carplay/andriod how does it work
There is a small icon at the upper right of the CarPlay display on the Sync 4a screen…tap it and the Carplay display reduces (mostly from the bottom) in size by ~1/3. I don’t get it….it increases the size of the selector “buttons” at the bottom of the 4A screen….doubt I’ll ever use this feature with just this functionality…..

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
On my iPhone the app only shows the front circuit. Fords software group should be all over this rather than pushing out updates that fail on first use.
Same
Sponsored