• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Yeah, this is all very random. I got the notice tonight that I had just been updated to 3.5.3. Go into the FordPass App and under Features and Settings I see a new icon for Pro Power Onboard. But there is no functionality just shows Front Circuit 0W. [Edit: to do anything more requires BT connection, not just cellular]. An hour or so later I now see Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch but clicking on both I get the message "[Scales]/[Hitch] Not Operational, Please visit Dealer for Service". Checked again just now and Scales now shows Current Vehicle Weight and a settings menu. Plus a button for Passenger and Cargo load that doesn't do anything. Hitch still wants me to visit dealer for service; yeah right.

I'm sure a lot of this is because the truck is off and I'm 50 feet away but you'd thing they would acknowledge that somehow.

Don't really need any of the features but would be nice if it worked. I know Ford wants to be Tesla-nimble and I hope they get there. Kinda fun being the guinea pig I guess. Can tell the future grandkids I was there when it all began :).
Sponsored

Last edited:

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
As I predicted it would just start working. Sort of. I tried the app while sitting in the truck. This time I was connected via Bluetooth. That’s where sort of comes in. While it shows all 3 power zones, touching any of the zone buttons throw an error. Maybe tomorrow

Ford F-150 Lightning Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3 3635A316-8F04-4542-A6A0-C005000A3C4B

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I'm guessing with this update, Ford messed with the allowable wattage the truck can provide while underway. Front outlets went from 175w to 400w??¡!

First picture from around a week ago.
Ford F-150 Lightning Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3 93d0e1d8-6ad2-45eb-8f7a-5afe580ae1ab

Saw this when I got in my truck this evening.
Ford F-150 Lightning Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3 PXL_20221105_030032232.MP

Wonder if there is a setting in FDRS or FOREskin that allows this to be tweaked....

Mainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 Pro S AWD, Mercedes Metris Passenger Van
I've been receiving a bunch of notices that my Pro Power Reserve limit (33%) has been reached when it's nowhere near that number. Is that a known problem?

OP
OP

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Same thing, I’m very excited about this, as I have been using pro power quite a bit.

Still waiting to be able to use pro power without the truck having to be on, because it is a royal pain to have to turn off the radio, turn off the climate control, and then have my phone want to route a call back through the truck every time it rings using wireless CarPlay.

My truck just got updated to 3.5.4, and I noticed that the vehicle power down timer setting was removed. I’ve gotten used to having to toggle that as well when using pro power, because it seems to keep resetting to “on.”

Has anyone else had this issue with the vehicle power down timer?
How are you turning off the climate control? I can only see where you could turn it down to reduce how much power it is using but not be able to fully turn it off.

I also noticed that the power down timer setting was removed.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
How are you turning off the climate control? I can only see where you could turn it down to reduce how much power it is using but not be able to fully turn it off.

I also noticed that the power down timer setting was removed.
Pull up the detailed HVAC control panel, it's above/left of the main display area of various HV feature controls.

Ford F-150 Lightning Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3 1667857189893

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Are you able to use the Power outlets in the frunk or bed when the truck is moving?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Are you able to use the Power outlets in the frunk or bed when the truck is moving?
Yes, though be mindful of the reserve settings, you might lose power if the traction battery SOC drops below the default setting, it can be customized to a lower level.

gregoryhcain

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pickup
Occupation
Physician
Pro Power Onboard and Zone Lighting are neither one working from the app. I can remote start my Truck, I can set the cabin preconditioning and it works perfect. I can open and close the frunk and tailgate remotely. But I cannot use Pro Power Onoboard controls or Zone Lighting controls. At the top of the two. on my FordPass App there is a little not connected icon yet everything else sure seams to be. I hope some Ford software engineers are monitoring this thread so they can work out the bugs

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I got the exact same thing going on. In the App for Pro Power and Zone lighting it says 'Not Connected; Lightning', all other features seem to work from the App though. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Sponsored

gern

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Oh, interesting. I didn’t notice this thread until today. I, too, have this exact same problem. I posted about my experience on another forum: https://www.[banned site]/threads/propower-onboard-being-removed-from-fordpass-app.3672

Edit: Apparently Lightning Owners dot com is banned? Here’s what I wrote there:

I discovered yesterday that I am unable to view or control the ProPower Onboard functionality from my FordPass app. When I tap on that feature in the app the screen shows that I am not connected (despite being inside the cab) and there is no status info or controls available. So, after troubleshooting it myself I finally chatted with the online help folks in the app. I was told very specifically that the ProPower Onboard feature in the app is being discontinued and will soon be removed entirely from the app! FWIW, I am running app version 4.25.0 on iOS and PowerUp version 4.2.2.1 on my 2023 Lariat trim.

(Also, apparently unrelated, neither the Zone Lighting nor the Trailer Light Check features work, either. Both also show the vehicle is not connected, despite other things like lock/unlock/start working from the app. I have an escalated case on that issue.)

Anybody else able to confirm whether this feature works for them and what versions you’re running

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
Oh, interesting. I didn’t notice this thread until today. I, too, have this exact same problem. I posted about my experience on another forum: https://www.[banned site]/threads/propower-onboard-being-removed-from-fordpass-app.3672

Edit: Apparently Lightning Owners dot com is banned? Here’s what I wrote there:

I discovered yesterday that I am unable to view or control the ProPower Onboard functionality from my FordPass app. When I tap on that feature in the app the screen shows that I am not connected (despite being inside the cab) and there is no status info or controls available. So, after troubleshooting it myself I finally chatted with the online help folks in the app. I was told very specifically that the ProPower Onboard feature in the app is being discontinued and will soon be removed entirely from the app! FWIW, I am running app version 4.25.0 on iOS and PowerUp version 4.2.2.1 on my 2023 Lariat trim.

(Also, apparently unrelated, neither the Zone Lighting nor the Trailer Light Check features work, either. Both also show the vehicle is not connected, despite other things like lock/unlock/start working from the app. I have an escalated case on that issue.)

Anybody else able to confirm whether this feature works for them and what versions you’re running
I had the zone lighting from the app work about a month ago but have not tried since then. The Pro Power will just show remaining power "in mileage" but nothing else. The frunk and bed circuits show up but they display no usage.

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue
I am experiencing the same thing. Looks like this SSM finally kicked in.

SSM 51379 2021-2023 F-150/Transit, 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning - Discontinued Features In FordPass
Some 2021-2023 F-150/Transit, 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles may experience issues utilizing the Smart Hitch, ProPower Onboard or Onboard Scales features (if equipped) in the FordPass app. Symptoms may include inability to connect, incorrect data displayed in the app, no weight displayed, unable to power on/off the feature, unable to turn on generator mode (gas vehicles only). The connection for these features has been removed from the Android version of the FordPass app, and will soon be removed from the iOS version. The Smart Hitch and Onboard Scales will also be removed in a future FordPass release expected no later than March 1st, 2023. Full functionality of these features will remain in vehicle, but will not be controllable from FordPass. Advise the customer of the FordPass changes and do not perform any repairs for this concern.
Sponsored