• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Update installed with no issues last night. I didn't notice any difference in my drive in to work this morning, but then I am not an audiophile.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Got this update last night

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Also got this update in a Lariat ER. Tried my hardest to listen to both Surround and Stereo mode and honestly don't hear a difference.

And I am a "tested" discerning listener for my employer's expert audio panel, where I had to pass a 2 hour long listening test. Not going to claim I'm an audiophile but as someone professionally expected to hear subtle differences in audio quality, I don't hear any difference.

Maybe it's more to solve that rare static noise that some people were experiencing but I thought that was the Platinum system.

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
I installed this update last night and now today when I drive the truck the radio screen freezes and has to be reset or it times out and resets on it's own after about 30seconds. This happened about 5 out of 7 times using the truck tonight. Anyone else have this issue?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Remember to use the Feedback function in Sync to report your experiences with recently posted updates.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Got it also. Would have preferred BC 1.4...

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Got this overnight. Yesterday I had the powertrain malfunction / reduced power fault with DTC “P0B24 - Hybrid/EV Battery 'A' Voltage Unstable”. Wondered if that would keep OTA at bay but it didn’t.

Phil3315

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
I thought it might be to fix the occasional abrupt hiss I hear when activating voice command or Siri, sometimes it makes odd noises when it interrupts the music, other times not. Other than that I have no static or hiss etc while music is playing in my Platinum, maybe this is a 2023 issue as I haven’t seen this update on my 2022

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
I've had my truck since last Oct-23 and that awful noise has slowly disappeared until I cant even remember the last time I heard it. Weird.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Got this update this afternoon, hoping it re-fixes my heated seats and steering wheel warmer again. The prior update broke it again.

Sponsored

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
@Ford Motor Company what does this actually do?

Let's try something - get the actual build notes from the software team and post them here. We'll help you refine your messaging so that the information is actually beneficial to the end user.
Off topic but wanted to add that as a software engineer in the trade for over 13 years now I've never been asked for build notes. I'd be curious if you or anyone else had a different experience.

For anyone interested, most often, we're given a task to do formulated into the phrase "As a user I want blahblahblah". So for this, it'd be "As a user, I want background noise to be eliminated or reduced for the sound system on the F150 lightning."

Then it's up to us developers to decipher what that means through refinement of the task itself. We may include a note in the task about what we should do to accomplish this task, but it's possible just doing this one "background noise reduction" task is one one of several tasks each with its own esoteric engineering notes. Or it may not be readily known what needs to happen in software to make a fix until we get in there and look under the hood. And that's only if the developer deems it necessary to put them in there at all. Usually they just get added as comments on code check-in or code-comments in the source code itself.

Then somebody (possibly far removed from software dev) gets a list of completed sets of tasks for the next release. They'll read the "As a user" blurb or the title of the task and only keep what's necessary for the release notes.

Maybe it depends on the industry but in my experience nobody seems to care what we do technically as long as it's done, on time, and on budget.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Got this update this afternoon, hoping it re-fixes my heated seats and steering wheel warmer again. The prior update broke it again.
That would be a miracle if so.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I love that the one and only time it was offered to me (today) it ends up with a "Final Fail". I know my DSP module doesn't like me after what happened last year. So at this point it's just f'ing with me. Apparently, it's personal.
Ford F-150 Lightning Software Priority Update: 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD - Refined Audio DSP-OTA-Fail

That's alright, I'll get the cable and laptop out tomorrow and we'll see what's what.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That would be a miracle if so.
Ya, completely unrelated modules involved, I'm just speculating a post install reboot might help my situation.

I was intending to pull the negative cable this afternoon but then this update popped up, so if it's still not working correctly, I'll send another voice report.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
This update is causing
I love that the one and only time it was offered to me (today) it ends up with a "Final Fail". I know my DSP module doesn't like me after what happened last year. So at this point it's just f'ing with me. Apparently, it's personal.

That's alright, I'll get the cable and laptop out tomorrow and we'll see what's what.
Manifest mismatch. Something didn't match up between what you were getting sent and what you were supposed to get. FDRS will make quick work of it for sure.

This OTA has caused quite a stir on the ICE forums. Apparently it is causing some audio volume issues for many people. Glad to see you guys seem to be spared from the issue.
Sponsored