• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stranded! *temporarily (DC Fast Charging Issue?)

OP
OP

Zansurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Ridgeline - Waiting for 2023 Lariat ER
I am so glad Benny was so helpful to you.
Yea but I get it, clickbait kind of sucks. However I’m not an “influencer” and this is the issues forum so it should be implied I’m just trying to have a dialogue and maybe gain some insight into a very legitimate experience.

On a side note, If anyone knows how I can monetize this new found attention at f150lightningforums.com I am willing to sell out as soon as humanly possible…
Sponsored

OP
OP

Zansurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Ridgeline - Waiting for 2023 Lariat ER
More helpful than your comment fortunately.

This is what I was referencing...literally 3 hours ago.

Screenshot_20230315_181308_Facebook.jpg
It’s funny I saw that post and immediately thought of this conversation. No hard feelings my friend, just letting you know I mean well!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
It’s funny I saw that post and immediately thought of this conversation. No hard feelings my friend, just letting you know I mean well!
All good buddy, it wasn't a personal attack. I know you mean well. That's why I shared my EA experience.

Just notice that a small subset of (isolated) issues get turned into people slandering the truck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully the dealer figures out why the DC charging system is giving you troubles.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If your truck set a code it should check in and upload to the mothership. Any dealer can see/find the code with your VIN. They don't need access to the truck.

Sponsored

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
Is it possible it might be user error? I see it all the time at EA. People are not using the app and if so it’s not authenticated for payment. The app also frequently logs you out if not used weekly. If you are trying to use RFID payment that won’t work when the app is logged off. Some charges even require supporting the charging handle (holding up) until the handshake is complete prior to swiping to charge.

Great video by a long time EA user on how best to activate EA chargers.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Is it possible it might be user error? I see it all the time at EA. People are not using the app and if so it’s not authenticated for payment. The app also frequently logs you out if not used weekly. If you are trying to use RFID payment that won’t work when the app is logged off. Some charges even require supporting the charging handle (holding up) until the handshake is complete prior to swiping to charge.

Great video by a long time EA user on how best to activate EA chargers.
That won’t result in a red ring at the charging port. He definitely has a failure.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
That won’t result in a red ring at the charging port. He definitely has a failure.
Most local dealerships have a DCFC now. Seems like a quick way to test Level 3 capability.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Most local dealerships have a DCFC now. Seems like a quick way to test Level 3 capability.
This is where I was disappointed in the dealer. They put the truck on Level 1 charging causing a hotel stay! WTF? It's hard to believe they didn't have a 14-50 receptacle for the Ford Mobile or an L2 EVSE installed somewhere.

The OP didn't mention his mi/kWh, but 139 miles appears to have used north of 100 kWh. Another reason that the current trip consumption should be on every driver screen iteration, not just the trip meters.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Have not seen an installed DCFC at a dealer. Many level 2, yes, but not DCFC at a dealer.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Have not seen an installed DCFC at a dealer. Many level 2, yes, but not DCFC at a dealer.
When I look in PlugShare at the metro area nearest to me, I see several DCFCs at car dealers….Chevrolet, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, even a Harley dealer. But no Ford!

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
several DCFCs at car dealers
Most I've seen at dealers are 3rd party public stations. I tested mine at a Chevy dealer that has a 30kw dcfc, they'd never seen anyone use it. I didn't know it was there until my ford app told me.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm also stunned that the dealer didn't at least have level 2...that's shameful.

Was the EVgo also a DCFC? They only have level 2 around here, that's why I ask. Sounds like whatever hardware handles the DC connection crapped out, thankfully the AC inverter still worked for ya. Fingers crossed they can diagnose it for you!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Reading back through these I had skipped over the part where you mentioned you also tried EVgo in a follow up post.

I stand corrected, I apologize, it looks like it is your truck and not necessarily EA as you have tried multiple DCFC. I'm sorry.

I hope the dealer/Ford can give you a clear answer. If there is a very small silver lining; if it is a DCFC issue, but AC is ok, you might be able to keep your truck and charge at home while you wait for parts.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
It had to be a level 2 charger at the dealer. If it was level 1, the OP would still be at the hotel waiting for the charge to complete.
Sponsored