• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla to implement new idle charges when Ford, GM and other join the network

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This just in...

Elon Musk announced that effective with the introduction of Ford (first company) to the Tesla Charging Network, the following idle fees will be implemented for everyone using the network:

1 to 10 minutes - $1 per minute
10 to 20 minutes - $2 per minute and you have to read a bunch of his posts on Twitter
20 to 30 minutes - $3 per minute and you have to listen to him at a Ted Talk
30 minutes or longer - your car will be recycled for The Boring Company's raw materials:

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla to implement new idle charges when Ford, GM and other join the network vJkoVX

When Musk made the comments, several wondered what drugs he was on...
The Money and Drugs That Tie Elon Musk to Some Tesla Directors
Board members have reaped hundreds of millions from stock awards and separate investments, even as some have done drugs with Musk; former Tesla director Larry Ellison offered him a chance to dry out

WSJ 2/3/24 - https://www.wsj.com/tech/elon-musk-...kmpicv564ts&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
As long as each supercharger is equipped with a camera and an RPG to deal with ICEing cases, I am totally fine with idle fees.

Last edited:

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
As long as each supercharger is equipped with a camera and an RPG to deal with ICEing cases, I am totally fine with idle charges.
In my neighborhood SC, only 2 out of 12 charging spots has "EV Only" signs.

That means if those ICE cars park at charging spots, we can do nothing.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In my neighborhood SC, only 2 out of 12 charging spots has "EV Only" signs.

That means if those ICE cars park at charging spots, we can do nothing.
Those signs are not good enough either. Last weekend a Tesla had parked at the only CCS station unplugged in a busy events were many EVs would have liked to charged. The sign in front of that spot said EV only. All signs should say EV only while charging. But even with that, when was the last time someone enforced the message.

We need a masked superhero driving around in a Lightning ⚡ to let people know there will be a consequence to bad behavior. May be Deicer.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla to implement new idle charges when Ford, GM and other join the network 1707258948790

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I understand there are still going to be issues with vehicles not plugged in but if this helps encourage users to be mindful of their charge time and reduces overall IDLE time it's still a good thing. Isn't it? 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
We need a masked superhero driving around in a Lightning ⚡ to let people know there will be a consequence to bad behavior. May be Deicer.
Nah, what we need is a sign that those not plugged in will towed with a hook and chain tow truck.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Make idle fees higher.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nah, what we need is a sign that those not plugged in will towed with a hook and chain tow truck.
That would be nice but the way that sign implementation and enforcement is going, an ICE war is inevitable. The beauty of it is, blowing up a gas tank is easier than a battery pack.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Back to the subject in hand, do all EVs tell the charger what SOC they are at? Can Tesla theoretically have higher cost for electrons between 80% to 90% and even higher for 90% to 100%? Would that be discrimination against smaller packs? If something like this is not implemented, people can simply charge to 100% to avoid fees.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Back to the subject in hand, do all EVs tell the charger what SOC they are at? Can Tesla theoretically have higher cost for electrons between 80% to 90% and even higher for 90% to 100%? Would that be discrimination against smaller packs? If something like this is not implemented, people can simply charge to 100% to avoid fees.
Yes, the EV tells the charger the SOC.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
👀

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I have no problem with people charging to to 90% or even 100%. They may need it. I do have a problem of occupying the charge spot after charging is done. I also have a problem with treating a charge spot as a parking place without plugging in. There should be a special place in hell for the last category.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Those signs are not good enough either. Last weekend a Tesla had parked at the only CCS station unplugged in a busy events were many EVs would have liked to charged. The sign in front of that spot said EV only. All signs should say EV only while charging. But even with that, when was the last time someone enforced the message.
I think you can call a tow truck to tow it away.

I agree all chargers should have EV only sign.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think you can call a tow truck to tow it away.
Who pays for the service? Especially if they are gone by the time Tow truck gets there?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
As long as each supercharger is equipped with a camera and an RPG to deal with ICEing cases, I am totally fine with idle fees.
What’s more aggravating is I once saw a Model 3, parked across 3 supercharging spots…and it wasn’t even plugged in.

Being ICEd, I give some people a pass as perhaps they don’t know better. But owning a Tesla and doing that?

Wish I drove the Lightning that day as I would've just put on the tow straps and dragged it away - sentry mode be damned. Although if I had the Lightning I wouldn’t have been pissed about the stall blocking. 🤔
Sponsored