• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thoughts on the Charge Station Pro...

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Is anyone beyond Ford social media damage control department reading these boards?
Oh yes, these forums get read by all different levels at Ford.

Would be nice to hear from a Ford engineer now and then! This forum is your early adopters and their experience will have big effect on future reputation. “One happy customer… “
That's where things get murky. Many would love to reach out and talk directly to customers as there is no better way to get feedback and make improvements. But communications between OEM and customers are actually regulated under the TREAD act.

I can assure you with 100% certainty that there are Ford people lurking around here taking in the feedback though
Sponsored

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Oh yes, these forums get read by all different levels at Ford.

That's where things get murky. Many would love to reach out and talk directly to customers as there is no better way to get feedback and make improvements. But communications between OEM and customers are actually regulated under the TREAD act.

I can assure you with 100% certainty that there are Ford people lurking around here taking in the feedback though
Interesting,

I just read a bit about the TREAD act -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans...ncement,_Accountability_and_Documentation_Act

that resulted in TPMS tire sensors and need to report to NHTSA early defects. I'm not sure how that would affect feedback from assigned employees to forums. For example Enphase solar has excellent board where Enphase moderators provide answers to questions, not perfect but very useful. However in that case Enphase owns the board and does control who is allowed to post. However, I'm sure the TREAD act doesn't stifle good discussion with technical reps. In fact they may prevent the very issues TREAD is meant to address.

It's good to hear that the design/quality people are taking notes because I think this forums early adopter is priceless in keeping future costs to a minimum vs fixing years later, not to mention customer satisfaction. The earlier an issue is caught in manufacturing, design, etc, it is orders of magnitude cheaper to fix. 100K cost now is $1.5 Billion years from now. A whole department should be created that does nothing but prioritize and create tickets from nuggets in these posts (e.g. frunk hood, charger, etc). I do remember reading about Ford hiring a guy that was going to work exclusively on recall/quality issues early in process. What an amazing ROI that will create. 1.5B jury ruling thing this week on F150 rollover (old models) is a disaster outcome that surely could have been acted on quicker with such a priority.

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I'm unable to reset my Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP). When I press and hold the factory reset button in the top left, nothing changes, even after 20-30+ seconds.

I've power cycled the device a few times but I can't get access to the local access point and it no longer connects to my home network.

Has anyone dealt with this?

Kentrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired engineer
Whoa! This is all very illuminating and discouraging. I just purchased and took delivery of my FCSP at the dealership. I don't have a garage and have been researching methods of installing the 80 amp option outdoors in a weatherproof enclosure. During summer months my daytime ambient temps routinely exceed 100F. So, I guess I'll be charging at night in 90F temps. Compliments to FlasherZ for your gumption and detailed reporting! I like the idea of PV2EV to move the unit inside. I'd have to build a weatherproof feedthru for the charging connector and cable. That way the FCSP will be inside my air-conditioned laundry room. I'm planning on installing the HIS for home power backup as well. I'll have to re-think things a bit.... Will keep you posted. Thank you all.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
But why? Is the fcsp not weatherproof enough?
It is rated for outdoor use, but the EVSE needs to get that initial patch they rolled out shortly after the initial waves of delivered trucks were experiencing premature shut-down due to heat. Now that that issue seems to be resolved it will be interesting to hear reports of reliability from hot weather folks this summer with an outside setup.

Kentrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired engineer
But why? Is the fcsp not weatherproof enough?
My daytime outside ambient temperature is routinely 100F to 110F and, per FlasherZ's realworld pyrometer temp readings, the FCSP performance may be sketchy. My installation site is south-facing with no sunshade. So I'm doubtful the FCSP will survive the UVs, let alone baking in the summer sun. I can schedule the charging cycle for nighttime. However, the HIS that will accompany my FCSP will be needed during daytime for limited home essential circuits - refrigerator and A/C.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
south-facing with no sunshade
Ah, I see.

Then yes, to run it at the full 80a you'll probably want full shade on it. Even then, 100 to 110f is on the edge of the 113 deg F maximum temp limit.

I have mine set to 48a and it will charge 20-80 overnight 8-10hrs for an ER battery. For me, the expense of going to 80a wouldn't be worth it but I'm not familiar with the his requirements.

OffRoadRacer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm unable to reset my Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP). When I press and hold the factory reset button in the top left, nothing changes, even after 20-30+ seconds.

I've power cycled the device a few times but I can't get access to the local access point and it no longer connects to my home network.

Has anyone dealt with this?
I am in the exact same situation. I have tried every combo of power cycling and the 3 red buttons I can think of and can’t get it to go into factory reset. Has anyone found a solution for this state?

Sponsored

eyeguy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 XLT, 2011 Shelby GT 500, 2016 Fusion
Occupation
Self employed
Just a thought, why not wire a 12v computer fan or two to activate when charging?

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
This is a confidence building thread.

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am in the exact same situation. I have tried every combo of power cycling and the 3 red buttons I can think of and can’t get it to go into factory reset. Has anyone found a solution for this state?
I had an email conversation going with a "Passenger Vehicle Concern Advocate" from Ford Corporate. They are shipping out a new Ford Charge Station Pro.

OffRoadRacer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I had an email conversation going with a "Passenger Vehicle Concern Advocate" from Ford Corporate. They are shipping out a new Ford Charge Station Pro.
Well that’s not the answer I was hoping for! Thanks for the reply

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well that’s not the answer I was hoping for! Thanks for the reply
I feel you. I'll update with the outcome of the reinstall. They did offer a credit for the installer cost.
Sponsored