• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thoughts on the Charge Station Pro...

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Just a thought, why not wire a 12v computer fan or two to activate when charging?
The fcsp is sealed essentially, cutting air holes in it will render it not weatherproof.
Sponsored

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
In reading this I had an interesting thought. I will have 2 of these bad boys operating. One in house garage and one in detached garage each on a different Wi-Fi network. Can the Ford Pass app juggle two different chargers?
My truck was delayed by battery issues. I had hopes that I would have taken delivery about this time but now looks like May at the best. I have one coming with the new truck and I purchased a used one for really great price about 3 weeks ago. ????

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
In reading this I had an interesting thought. I will have 2 of these bad boys operating. One in house garage and one in detached garage each on a different Wi-Fi network. Can the Ford Pass app juggle two different chargers?
My truck was delayed by battery issues. I had hopes that I would have taken delivery about this time but now looks like May at the best. I have one coming with the new truck and I purchased a used one for really great price about 3 weeks ago. ????
Each device has unique name and your network should recognize them both.

I would probably give them friendly names that you recognize based on the locations.

The tricky part that I don't have an answer for is how convoluted it will be for you to associate each device to your FordPass account and the cloud statistics storage, I'd love to see that it recognizes the devices independently and summarizes the charging records based on your usage.

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
At least its a definite maybe Thanks :cool:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
At least its a definite maybe Thanks :cool:
I'm starting think it won't be able to handle it based on what I see in my FordPass Connected Charge Station App tile, it lists my one and only FCSP, not sure it can accomodate more than one association, but you're the guinea pig in the experiment we call life

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm starting think it won't be able to handle it based on what I see in my FordPass Connected Charge Station App tile, it lists my one and only FCSP, not sure it can accomodate more than one association, but you're the guinea pig in the experiment we call life
Agreed. I doubt Ford considered this use case.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
There's arrows on the bottom of the Connected Charge Station page. Those could be to cycle through multiple units.

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Well either way I'm ok with whatever I can get since my second EV will be ocean one and I belive I can can control that EV with its app as long as I can get the FSC to deliver charging.

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Update: I had the Ford Charge Station Pro replaced yesterday under warranty. The new FCSP is connected and operating as expected. I let the Ford rep know and he called almost immediately to check in and confirm next steps for refunding the installer cost.

I asked about firmware updates, and he said there is no way to manually initiate updates. You have to leave the FCSP unplugged overnight and the update should roll out sometime between midnight and 4am. I did not know this.

Hopefully, this one takes an update and doesn't crap out in a few days like the first one.

Kentrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired engineer
But why? Is the fcsp not weatherproof enough?
Installation is complete as shown in attached photos. The original plan was to install the Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) and all of the Home Integration System (HIS) inside my air-conditioned utility room with a feedthrough tunnel in the wall that would allow passing my 80A power cable/connector to the truck parked in my driveway just outside. A weatherproof box, covering the feedthrough tunnel opening on the outside, would both insulate my utility room and provide a protected hanger for my 80A power cable/connector when not connected to the truck.
However, I determined the feedthrough tunnel idea violates code (NEC 2011 400.8(3) which states that flexible electrical cords of any kind may not be passed through windows, ports or any other opening in a wall.)
New plan realized: Entire system installed on the outside wall with a weatherproof enclosure housing the FCSP (shown in photo). Screw the elements, I'll rely on the Ford warranties if heat becomes a problem. Ford Sunrun installed the system, and they liked my plastic enclosure* for the FCSP. It's working well. The bi-directional inverter works well, providing 80A fast charging to the truck, and (simulation-tested) backup power to all house circuits.
The only hitch in the installation is that I have not yet successfully synchronized the FCSP app with the Ford Pass app. Ford Sunrun was baffled and the installers left after demonstrating that the system was otherwise functional. I have an open "case number" that Ford Sunrun initiated with Ford. (Ford said, "call Siemens" and Siemens said, "call Ford." However, @FlasherZ has provided the probable solution, above in this thread. Since I currently have full 80A charging and HIS power backup for my home, I'll wait until power grid outages are less likely before I "reset and start over" on the app syncing.
* The enclosure is a UV-stabilized PC/ABS plastic with a steel backing plate that allows Wi-Fi connection to the FCSP unit that it houses. Weatherproof air vents were added on the sides near the top for heat escape, cross-ventilation and membrane dust protection. A 3.5 in x 10 in slot was cut in the bottom to allow the 80A cable and connector pass-through for weather protection and privacy during connection with the truck. This enclosure is "Qilipsu Waterproof Outdoor Junction Box 32.7 x 24.8 x 11.1 in" and IPV-1115 vents, all purchased from Amazon. (This box was 1/3 the price of the USA-made (Bud Ind.) NBG-20011 with IPV-65100-W vents.) The advantage of the Bud Ind. box would be a removeable, hinged swing-out door whereas the Qilipsu box door is not removeable. The box is not deep enough to allow the connector to be docked in the FCSP holder. However, (as shown) the connector can be securely placed atop the cable coil when stored. I'm satisfied with the protection and privacy afforded by my box.
Ford F-150 Lightning Thoughts on the Charge Station Pro... IMG_20230808_154538033_HDR
Ford F-150 Lightning Thoughts on the Charge Station Pro... IMG_20230808_154547929_HDR
Ford F-150 Lightning Thoughts on the Charge Station Pro... IMG_20230808_154611304
Ford F-150 Lightning Thoughts on the Charge Station Pro... IMG_20230808_154659735_HDR

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Installation is complete as shown in attached photos. The original plan was to install the Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) and all of the Home Integration System (HIS) inside my air-conditioned utility room with a feedthrough tunnel in the wall that would allow passing my 80A power cable/connector to the truck parked in my driveway just outside. A weatherproof box, covering the feedthrough tunnel opening on the outside, would both insulate my utility room and provide a protected hanger for my 80A power cable/connector when not connected to the truck.
However, I determined the feedthrough tunnel idea violates code (NEC 2011 400.8(3) which states that flexible electrical cords of any kind may not be passed through windows, ports or any other opening in a wall.)
New plan realized: Entire system installed on the outside wall with a weatherproof enclosure housing the FCSP (shown in photo). Screw the elements, I'll rely on the Ford warranties if heat becomes a problem. Ford Sunrun installed the system, and they liked my plastic enclosure* for the FCSP. It's working well. The bi-directional inverter works well, providing 80A fast charging to the truck, and (simulation-tested) backup power to all house circuits.
The only hitch in the installation is that I have not yet successfully synchronized the FCSP app with the Ford Pass app. Ford Sunrun was baffled and the installers left after demonstrating that the system was otherwise functional. I have an open "case number" that Ford Sunrun initiated with Ford. (Ford said, "call Siemens" and Siemens said, "call Ford." However, @FlasherZ has provided the probable solution, above in this thread. Since I currently have full 80A charging and HIS power backup for my home, I'll wait until power grid outages are less likely before I "reset and start over" on the app syncing.
* The enclosure is a UV-stabilized PC/ABS plastic with a steel backing plate that allows Wi-Fi connection to the FCSP unit that it houses. Weatherproof air vents were added on the sides near the top for heat escape, cross-ventilation and membrane dust protection. A 3.5 in x 10 in slot was cut in the bottom to allow the 80A cable and connector pass-through for weather protection and privacy during connection with the truck. This enclosure is "Qilipsu Waterproof Outdoor Junction Box 32.7 x 24.8 x 11.1 in" and IPV-1115 vents, all purchased from Amazon. (This box was 1/3 the price of the USA-made (Bud Ind.) NBG-20011 with IPV-65100-W vents.) The advantage of the Bud Ind. box would be a removeable, hinged swing-out door whereas the Qilipsu box door is not removeable. The box is not deep enough to allow the connector to be docked in the FCSP holder. However, (as shown) the connector can be securely placed atop the cable coil when stored. I'm satisfied with the protection and privacy afforded by my box.
At what point did the FP setup fail? I ended up having to manually add the FCSP to FordPass. Jumping from the setup app to FP didn’t work.

Kentrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired engineer
The setup app (FCSP app) could never connect (sync) with FP from the first attempt. The FCSP responded to Wi-Fi from the outset. Error indication is always "Charge Point Not Found." After several attempts, the Ford Sunrun installers overrode the system and created a false password which was the same as the Charge Station ID.

I had not thought of manually adding the FCSP to the FP. When I attempt a manual add, FCSP to FP, I get the same results as before: "Charge Point Not Found." The tech override approach spawns the Error indication, "Incorrect ID or Password."

I'm optimistic that FlasherZ's approach after a system reset will succeed. However, I want Ford Sunrun to make this work - or at least acknowledge that I'm going to reset the system!

Since the system mostly works, sans FP, I'm treading carefully. Thank you! I'll report updates.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The setup app (FCSP app) could never connect (sync) with FP from the first attempt. The FCSP responded to Wi-Fi from the outset. Error indication is always "Charge Point Not Found." After several attempts, the Ford Sunrun installers overrode the system and created a false password which was the same as the Charge Station ID.

I had not thought of manually adding the FCSP to the FP. When I attempt a manual add, FCSP to FP, I get the same results as before: "Charge Point Not Found." The tech override approach spawns the Error indication, "Incorrect ID or Password."

I'm optimistic that FlasherZ's approach after a system reset will succeed. However, I want Ford Sunrun to make this work - or at least acknowledge that I'm going to reset the system!

Since the system mostly works, sans FP, I'm treading carefully. Thank you! I'll report updates.
You probably already know this, but in order to add manually, your phone and the FCSP must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I had my FCSP installed today. However I was unable to connect it to Ford Pass app. Following the installation instructions from the FCSP app my phone was successfully connected to the FCSP but the FCSP app was never able to connect to the charger station.

I called FMC and the CS rep tried to connect me to next level customer support but after 20 minutes on hold she promised that she or tech support would to email me with next troubleshooting steps. That was early afternoon. didn't hear from them today. perhaps tomorrow.

I plugged it in and it charged up the Lightning just fine so it works.... just a software issue uuuugggggg.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I plugged it in and it charged up the Lightning just fine so it works.... just a software issue uuuugggggg.
Yeah, it's not a easy process. It took me 3 or 4 tries before I was able to get everything paired. And each attempt required a reset (button on the inside of the charger) so I could reconnect to the FCSP's wifi.
Sponsored