• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The way things have been going it's entirely possible that someone who gets a back door order into the system could receive their Pro before someone who ordered one earlier in the year.

That is, if the error isn't caught until the truck gets scheduled for production the person who gets notified there isn't enough materials to make their truck will be the last person scheduled and not the last person who ordered.
Until the vehicle shows up at the dealership, there's really no way to know exactly when you're going to get it. There are people who ordered in the first wave of 2022 orders that don't have their vehicle. And most of those 2022 orders also weren't the earliest reservation holders. Ford clearly states when you place you order that ordering has no specific timeline and isn't even a guarantee that you will ever receive a vehicle.

I'm guessing less than 5 people on the planet earth could explain to you how the system calculates scheduling and they probably don't know the actual values for all of the inputs so they can't even tell you when your vehicle will actually be scheduled.
As we have seen, getting built, getting shipped, and arriving at the dealership are all separate events that can take wildly different amounts of time for each individual vehicle. Not even taking into account accidents or other mishaps that could occur along the way.
Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I dont know if it's just the typical Ford web glitch or something is going on. The reservation build page is now showing Pro XLT XLT Lariat to chose from with platinum just missing. I relogged in 3 times to the same weirdness. Not sure if they are in the middle of an update or what.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 invites who don't order won't be cancelled; possible Pro / XLT ordering reopening 1664212112148

Last edited:

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
So basically, Lariat only.
I dont know if it's just the typical Ford web glitch or something is going on. The reservation build page is now showing Pro XLT XLT Lariat to chose from with platinum just missing. I relogged in 3 times to the same weirdness. Not sure if they are in the middle of an update or what.

1664212112148.png

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

Sponsored

MannyFrescoSC

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Wrangler
If there’s no pro/xlt and they cancel my reservation, I’m out.
That would be my second vehicle not purchased because of a shitty reservation system (Bronco/Lightning)

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
If there’s no pro/xlt and they cancel my reservation, I’m out.
That would be my second vehicle not purchased because of a shitty reservation system (Bronco/Lightning)
It has been said they won't cancel your reservation. It will remain open and you can wait and keep checking for if and when the pro or xlt open up again.

Rancheroni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco 4D
Order an XLT on 9/7, dealer texted same day to confirm the order. I texted back asking if they had a rough estimate of how long. They basically said that Ford only got them 5 lightnings so far and they have many times that in orders, so just sit tight. I waited two years for my bronco so didn't plan on hearing anything for a while.

Today 9/27 got a text from my dealer saying Ford chose my order to be built! Saying I got really lucky, etc.

As soon as order went up I went through the options and was dismayed to see Pro trim was unavailable so picked Avalanche grey and pro power option and that's it.

I'm thinking it's just luck but maybe my build spec had something to do with it. It seems a lot of folks here chose to add some sort of tow package and spray in bedliner.

Not planning on towing, just hauling some dirtbikes and going camping with it. Anyway, hoping there's no screw up and dealer says my Lariat is being delivered...

My bronco badlands originally was built as a black diamond so dealer said I had to reorder if I wanted badlands, took another 6 months but I got what I wanted and dealer got an extra bronco to sell... So I'm still skeptical everything goes smoothly this time. Fingers crossed!

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Order an XLT on 9/7, dealer texted same day to confirm the order. I texted back asking if they had a rough estimate of how long. They basically said that Ford only got them 5 lightnings so far and they have many times that in orders, so just sit tight. I waited two years for my bronco so didn't plan on hearing anything for a while.

Today 9/27 got a text from my dealer saying Ford chose my order to be built! Saying I got really lucky, etc.

As soon as order went up I went through the options and was dismayed to see Pro trim was unavailable so picked Avalanche grey and pro power option and that's it.

I'm thinking it's just luck but maybe my build spec had something to do with it. It seems a lot of folks here chose to add some sort of tow package and spray in bedliner.

Not planning on towing, just hauling some dirtbikes and going camping with it. Anyway, hoping there's no screw up and dealer says my Lariat is being delivered...

My bronco badlands originally was built as a black diamond so dealer said I had to reorder if I wanted badlands, took another 6 months but I got what I wanted and dealer got an extra bronco to sell... So I'm still skeptical everything goes smoothly this time. Fingers crossed!
Good to hear on your scheduling. Are you getting an XLT or Lariat, since you mention both? I'm in the same 9/7 order wave (dealer accepted 9/8) and i checked with them today to see if they'd heard anything more on scheduling (which they hadn't). They did say they had 25 reservation holders get invites to order on 9/7 but only myself and one other of the 25 have actually placed orders. Dealer said lots wanted Pros and XLTs but those are no longer available (as we all now know). Dealer also said they only knew of MY22 deferrals that got to place Pro orders. Interesting on the conversion from order invites, and wonder how much that is happening all over right now.

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
This whole process has been a goat rodeo. Makes me really, really rethink my reservation. The fact that there is not "one queue" for orders is just assinine. It should be a VERY simple first come, first served system. They want to maximize the credits and crap like that but I think they will end up losing more customers over this than just a simple "Now serving reservation #X" system.

I know I am rethinking my Ford customer loyalty situation so others must be as well.
Same here. Three f150s in my driveway...no calls, no invites, no nothing. Reserved 5/19/22. Folks can say what they want about allocations.. but dealers and handshakes made ford the success it is today. Not paying 90k for a truck, just cause they want to charge that now.

Rancheroni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco 4D
Thanks. I ordered an XLT. Wanted a pro at $40k but we all know those only went to the few lucky ones.

Honestly at $63k it's going to be a gametime decision whether I keep it or sell it back to the dealer.

Same price as my fully loaded bronco, a mach-e, the new cadillac lyric, and many other very nice vehicles at $60k so it's gonna have to hold its own.

I'm concerned about not having keyless entry, poor interior materials, and low real world range on the standard battery. Also the base xlt does not come with many creature comforts. You'd have to opt for the high package and then at that point might as well order a lariat. But the smaller screen with more tactile buttons is why I ultimately think the xlt base is the sweet spot (considering the pro is basically vaperware).

Hopefully, the combined utility of a having a crew cab and a truckbed for hauling people and toys, and being an EV will be enough to keep it. I hear the ride quality is excellent but I'm still concerned about wind noise. Having two loud vehicles on the highway will not be acceptable in our household.

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
On tonight's episode Tim read a new Ford memo to dealers on Lightning invitations. Sounds similar to last week's memo but clarifies you will not be able to order after 9/30 and need to wait until Wave 4 opens - no date on that. Here is my transcription of what he read:

"23MY Lightning Wave 1-3 Closing
22MY F-150 Lightning customers who previously chose to waitlist their reservation and receive the order invitation for Waves 1 and 2 for 23MY as well as Wave 3 customers that were invited, they will have until 9/30 to submit an order with your dealership for configurations excluding Pro and XLT series. Customers who do not place their order by 9/30 will not be able to convert to an order until the next waves of invites.

Reservation holders that did receive an invite do not need to take any action, and the reservation will remain in line for the future. Invited reservation holders will have the ability to order other available configurations through 9/30. If a customer's preferred configuration becomes unavailable [like the Pro or XLT] they can cancel their reservation to receive a deposit refund or wait until their desired configuration becomes available."

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
This whole process has been a goat rodeo. Makes me really, really rethink my reservation. The fact that there is not "one queue" for orders is just assinine. It should be a VERY simple first come, first served system. They want to maximize the credits and crap like that but I think they will end up losing more customers over this than just a simple "Now serving reservation #X" system.

I know I am rethinking my Ford customer loyalty situation so others must be as well.
That ship sailed long ago for me.

I was a day 1 reservation holder. The glitzy reveal had me thinking I would be able to order a PRO ER for around $50k.

Psych. Ford won't sell anyone a PRO ER. OK, I temper my expectations. Surveys go out leading me to believe I may one day be able to order an XLT ER for about $60K. More than I want to spend, but I'll order that instead of the PRO ER that I cannot order.

Psych. First wave order banks open and the cheapest ER Lightning to be had is nearly $75K. Damn. I guess I'll have to temper my expectations again. Do I really need 300 miles of range? Nah, I'll go with a PRO SR when I get my invite. Only $40K, so I'll be saving a lot of money compared to what I initially thought I would spend. Maybe this works out well...

Psych. Ford pre-sells enough pros to satisfy the demand of all the dealership owners' brothers, cousins, and best buddies, then cuts off reservations. Hey, they can still say in promotional material that the Lightning starts at under $40k, even if no one can buy one. Win-win... for Ford and dealerships. No win for me or anyone else who was fooled into believing an affordable lightning was attainable for real customers.

It was at this point I realized that the bait-and-switches were going to continue, and I humbly retrieved my $100 deposit (you're welcome for the 1 year interest-free loan, Ford). Had I adjusted my expectations again and remained committed, I would have been rewarded by having the XLT option yanked out from under me before the next wave, confirming my suspicion that the bait-and-switches were not over, followed by a massive price hike for the next model year. (How is it that so many day 1 reservation holders are still waiting for an invite, anyway?)

So, yeah, my loyalty to ford is gone. After owning 4 mustangs and 4 F series trucks since the early 90's, I can honestly say, my wife and I love our new Chevrolet.

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
That ship sailed long ago for me.

I was a day 1 reservation holder. The glitzy reveal had me thinking I would be able to order a PRO ER for around $50k.

Psych. Ford won't sell anyone a PRO ER. OK, I temper my expectations. Surveys go out leading me to believe I may one day be able to order an XLT ER for about $60K. More than I want to spend, but I'll order that instead of the PRO ER that I cannot order.

Psych. First wave order banks open and the cheapest ER Lightning to be had is nearly $75K. Damn. I guess I'll have to temper my expectations again. Do I really need 300 miles of range? Nah, I'll go with a PRO SR when I get my invite. Only $40K, so I'll be saving a lot of money compared to what I initially thought I would spend. Maybe this works out well...

Psych. Ford pre-sells enough pros to satisfy the demand of all the dealership owners' brothers, cousins, and best buddies, then cuts off reservations. Hey, they can still say in promotional material that the Lightning starts at under $40k, even if no one can buy one. Win-win... for Ford and dealerships. No win for me or anyone else who was fooled into believing an affordable lightning was attainable for real customers.

It was at this point I realized that the bait-and-switches were going to continue, and I humbly retrieved my $100 deposit (you're welcome for the 1 year interest-free loan, Ford). Had I adjusted my expectations again and remained committed, I would have been rewarded by having the XLT option yanked out from under me before the next wave, confirming my suspicion that the bait-and-switches were not over, followed by a massive price hike for the next model year. (How is it that so many day 1 reservation holders are still waiting for an invite, anyway?)

So, yeah, my loyalty to ford is gone. After owning 4 mustangs and 4 F series trucks since the early 90's, I can honestly say, my wife and I love our new Chevrolet.
Sorry you're going through it. I hate reading stuff like this and really wish that the legacy manufacturer/dealer model had made ANY improvement over the last several decades with computers and communication making the advancements they've made since the model was created. There's really no excuse for this at all. Anyone who would fault you at this point probably has entirely too much of their net worth tied up in Ford stock.
Sponsored