• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Man oh man....there are going to be a lot of upset people. No matter how this turns out...

Two possible scenarios--

Scenario1: This is a glitch and these new "pro" orders are not real. These new order folks are going be upset(rightly so) than Ford allowed them to build and put a deposit on a truck they have no intention of building.

OR

Scenario2: Folks who didn't get to order a PRO and either ordered something else OR abandoned their reservation entirely are gonna be extra salty.

Grabbing popcorn and waiting for the fireworks...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
All this drama and heartache almost make me glad I'm at the back of the line. :D

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Are the GM reservations model specific? would seem odd to lock people into a bracket two years before they can actually order.
Even though I had to chose at the time of reservation, my confirmation email says : “Silverado EV WT or RST”. That $100 refundable deposit was not a real commitment on my part and I don’t expect any real commitment on GM part in return. They can play with trims and pricing anyway they want by the time it is my turn. If they have a trim with attractive pricing that would be a serious improvement to my Pro, I may trade it in, if not, I will wait and do the same for Cybertruck, if not, I maybe wait for Ford’s second generation or for Rivian to mature a bit, …..

Most reservations for all companies are made at a time when the company is still not quite clear what they are doing. It is a a crapshoot with all of them. I just put as many eggs in different baskets that I could so that whichever had the least crap in the crapshoot or whichever that came first get my business. The fact is at this market, not many of them care much about how we feel about how they run this because for foreseeable future, they can replace any of us with someone else When it comes to selling an EV (considering their capacity). We just need backup plans. Ford gave me the bird on the first round so I went to my Rivian reservation, Rivian gave me the bird, came back to Ford. Getting too emotionally invested in any of them is setting yourself up for disappointment.

CHOOSE THE TRUCK THAT LIGHTS YOU UP
That may be a Cybertruck:

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 invites who don't order won't be cancelled; possible Pro / XLT ordering reopening 1663863373043

I feel like congrats will be in order only if/when they ever actually build the truck. 😂

With the price increase I honestly don't know if I'll actually be able to keep it. It depends on timing of when it shows up and what all has happened in life by then. If it gets built late next year or early 2024. I'll probably have had time to get things sorted. If by some fluke it gets delivered this coming spring or summer, I might have to pass/flip it.
You may get yours before mine. I have a 22 price guarantee and no build date. They can sell the same pro to you for $7+ K more so you may have a higher priority.

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Even though I had to chose at the time of reservation, my confirmation email says : “Silverado EV WT or RST”. That $100 refundable deposit was not a real commitment on my part and I don’t expect any real commitment on GM part in return. They can play with trims and pricing anyway they want by the time it is my turn. If they have a trim with attractive pricing that would be a serious improvement to my Pro, I may trade it in, if not, I will wait and do the same for Cybertruck, if not, I maybe wait for Ford’s second generation or for Rivian to mature a bit, …..

Most reservations for all companies are made at a time when the company is still not quite clear what they are doing. It is a a crapshoot with all of them. I just put as many eggs in different baskets that I could so that whichever had the least crap in the crapshoot or whichever that came first get my business. The fact is at this market, not many of them care much about how we feel about how they run this because for foreseeable future, they can replace any of us with someone else When it comes to selling an EV (considering their capacity). We just need backup plans. Ford gave me the bird on the first round so I went to my Rivian reservation, Rivian gave me the bird, came back to Ford. Getting too emotionally invested in any of them is setting yourself up for disappointment.
FWIW when I made my Silverado EV reservation(first 5min) there were two options-- a "first edition" which would be released in Fall 2023 for a cool $105k

OR

Everything else. Which basically could mean either a $40k work truck or a $60-80k non first edition RST. Price/trim on these not specified and timeline was summer '24 (or later).

I think the non 1st edition reservations are still open.. the first edition sold out in like 12min.

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
For what it's worth I had still been shrouded in sadness and debate on not wanting a lariat or rather not being able to reasonably afford one and having a wave 3 invite but nothing ordered yet. Seeing this thread went out to ford's configuration page to see if any other options popped up and I get bad gateway and the page breaks down.

So something may be a happening but I'm not getting any hopes up

Last edited:

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
$60-80k non first edition RST
That is the tricky part. If I can get something with 800V charging, mid-gate, good AC output and 300+ mile closer to $60K, I may be interested but if they bundle any of them in higher price packages, I am out. I don't care as much about rear wheel steering and prefer not to have air suspension. Can live without many other conveniences and tech options.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is the tricky part. If I can get something with 800V charging, mid-gate, good AC output and 300+ mile closer to $60K, I may be interested but if they bundle any of them in higher price packages, I am out. I don't care as much about rear wheel steering and prefer not to have air suspension. Can live without many other conveniences and tech options.
I'm going to see what they come up with. If they can offer 800v, 400mi range for around $80-90k I'm in.

I do think they have to keep it somewhat competitive with the Lightning price points.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
For what it's worth I had still Ben shrouded in sadness and debate on not wanting a lariat or rather not being able to reasonably afford one and having a wave 3 invite but nothing ordered yet. Seeing this thread went out to ford's configuration page to see if any other options popped up and i get bad gateway and the page breaks down.

So something may be a happening but I'm not getting any hopes up
I had went ahead and ordered a Lariat when I wanted the Pro all along. I’m going to see if my dealer can modify my order. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

mattb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I had went ahead and ordered a Lariat when I wanted the Pro all along. I’m going to see if my dealer can modify my order. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
is modifying an order for the item itself a thing?

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
is modifying an order for the item itself a thing?
Maybe not but I'm gonna try! Waiting on a response from my dealer, it doesn't hurt to ask.. I know I see people changing options and other things after the order was submitted but before it was scheduled.

Sponsored

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L SR | 1991 Bronco
I'll be interested to hear if you can modify trims altogether, too. I was leaning Pro due to their value but felt fortunate enough to snag an XLT ('23 wave 3) with an earlier estimated arrival date.

With all the order and configuration uncertainty (blatant shenanigans at this point), I'm staying put with my XLT regardless, though!

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I'll be interested to hear if you can modify trims altogether, too. I was leaning Pro due to their value but felt fortunate enough to snag an XLT ('23 wave 3) with an earlier estimated arrival date.

With all the order and configuration uncertainty (blatant shenanigans at this point), I'm staying put with my XLT regardless, though!
I'd do the same if I was you. I waited too long to get an XLT (wave 3) but then decided I didn't want to miss out and ordered a SR Lariat. I'm doubting they can change it now but you never know..

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd do the same if I was you. I waited too long to get an XLT (wave 3) but then decided I didn't want to miss out and ordered a SR Lariat. I'm doubting they can change it now but you never know..
Don't blame you there. Shucking aside your reservation altogether would sting pretty bad, I reckon.

Fingers crossed the dealer can remedy the sh*t show and get you Pro! 🤞

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I'll be interested to hear if you can modify trims altogether, too.
Yes, it's possible. My order started out as an SR XLT that was upgraded to an SR Lariat that was ultimately upgraded to an ER Lariat. I changed a number of items on the truck itself, too. I changed the tires to off-road and then back again and I also changed the color a few times. I put the extendable steps on the truck and then Ford told my dealer to take them off so my order would go through.

Any changes can be made before a VIN is assigned provided the parts are available.

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, it's possible. My order started out as an SR XLT that was upgraded to an SR Lariat that was ultimately upgraded to an ER Lariat. I changed a number of items on the truck itself, too. I changed the tires to off-road and then back again and I also changed the color a few times. I put the extendable steps on the truck and then Ford told my dealer to take them off so my order would go through.

Any changes can be made before a VIN is assigned provided the parts are available.
Nice. I've modified config options after the dealer accepted an order and submitted to Ford but wasn't sure if the model/trim itself was as malleable. Thanks for confirming! This bodes well for JPro (and others) then.
Sponsored