• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What does the Tesla Supercharge OTA do?

dbelcher5761

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I’m really confused as to what this OTA update actually did?

I have not received an update on my truck since September 2023, therefore I have not received the supercharge update.

But I see Tesla is active in my plug and charge settings and my truck indeed charges just fine (using the A2z adapter) without ever receiving any updates.

What did the update include?
Sponsored

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
I’m really confused as to what this OTA update actually did?

I have not received an update on my truck since September 2023, therefore I have not received the supercharge update.

But I see Tesla is active in my plug and charge settings and my truck indeed charges just fine (using the A2z adapter) without ever receiving any updates.

What did the update include?
The OTA just enabled plug n charge with the Blue Oval network allowing Ford to charge for the use of the Tesla Supercharger.....I think

OP
OP

dbelcher5761

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
The OTA just enabled plug n charge with the Blue Oval network allowing Ford to charge for the use of the Tesla Supercharger.....I think
that’s what I’m saying though, I did not receive the update and I can charge with plug and charge with the blue oval network.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
that’s what I’m saying though, I did not receive the update and I can charge with plug and charge with the blue oval network.
Are you able to see the TESLA V3 stations in the SYNC Charge Assist application?

rv7pilot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Process Control Engineer
I haven’t received the update either. I can’t plug and charge on the Tesla network but I can on the non-Tesla stations. Have you tried to charge at a Tesla station? I can confirm the Tesla App works on my truck though. I received the A2Z adapter today and tested it successfully. Worked like a champ.

Ford F-150 Lightning What does the Tesla Supercharge OTA do? IMG_2541
Ford F-150 Lightning What does the Tesla Supercharge OTA do? IMG_2482

Sponsored
OP
OP

dbelcher5761

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I haven’t received the update either. I can’t plug and charge on the Tesla network but I can on the non-Tesla stations. Have you tried to charge at a Tesla station? I can confirm the Tesla App works on my truck though. I received the A2Z adapter today and tested it successfully. Worked like a champ.

IMG_2541.png
IMG_2482.jpeg
Yes, I successfully charged via plug and charge at a Tesla supercharger yesterday.

last update received by my truck was September 2023 which was a user manual update.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
My guess is you have been getting updates, or at least that one. Starting last October they stopped putting messages in your account about updates. The last update message I got was Oct 29 for 6.3.0. The Owners Manual update was a message on Oct 17.
Since October there are no longer Account messages for updates. But I have gotten many-see signature below. Now the update message will just flash briefly on the center Sync screen or there will be an alert in the app. Those all disappear for good after a day or two. There is no way to see a history of what installed after October.

Edit: a dealer can see your update history or a member here with dealer access.

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
My guess is you have been getting updates, or at least that one. Starting last October they stopped putting messages in your account about updates. The last update message I got was Oct 29 for 6.3.0. The Owners Manual update was a message on Oct 17.
Since October there are no longer Account messages for updates. But I have gotten many-see signature below. Now the update message will just flash briefly on the center Sync screen or there will be an alert in the app. Those all disappear for good after a day or two. There is no way to see a history of what installed after October.

Correct….if you don’t happen to get an update while driving, or periodically look at the Software updates screen, you won’t know that you received an update.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Maybe you have been getting updates?
I bet he has, OP look at the following screens:
Unfortunately you will only see the most recent update, not a complete history.

Ford F-150 Lightning What does the Tesla Supercharge OTA do? 1711204446815-e8
Ford F-150 Lightning What does the Tesla Supercharge OTA do? 1711204485099-zc
Ford F-150 Lightning What does the Tesla Supercharge OTA do? 1711204550070-4c

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired

Thank you so much! I thought I was going crazy. Can not see anything about the last three updates. I did see the “update tonight at 1:00” but no follow up telling me it was done nor anything in my list of update info on the truck or phone. I even did one of the manually durning the day and still nothing about the update after it was done. Pretty poor way of doing business. I‘d like to know what was done etc. Right now I have to take a pic of the update info before it’s downloaded and installed. After the supposed update that info goes away.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Right now I have to take a pic of the update info before it’s downloaded and installed. After the supposed update that info goes away.
If your not getting details like shown in post 11, check to see what data sharing settings you have set in the trucks SYNC screen, neutering communications for ~privacy concerns~ may be the reason you are not seeing details after the update posted.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer

1711204446815-e8.png
1711204485099-zc.png
1711204550070-4c.png
@Ford Motor Company - Being able to see the historical OTAs in the app or at least on the website portal would be helpful to consumers.

OP
OP

dbelcher5761

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER

1711204446815-e8.png
1711204485099-zc.png
1711204550070-4c.png
Like I’ve been saying in the previous post, this screen shows last update on September 2023 and it was Priority Update 23-PU0724-DOM-RS
Sponsored